BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2 Million Unemployed By Christmas

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

No suprise there then is there? Hard on the heels of the sombre stat I read this morning that there are 80 graduates for every job vacancy. Unfortunate for many but an inevitability given the economic events over the past years.

I've always held a political stance which is right of centre. I loathe scroungers, claiming benefits as a lifestyle choice rather than a safety net, despise militant union officials etc etc, but I don't agree with two of Mr Cameron's policies.

Why do we need to be so aggressive in attacking the deficit ? Is it wrong to live with some debt ? How many of us on here have had a mortgage, HP for a couple of items, a car on finance, an overdraft ? Did the world stop spinning, are we rid now of some of those debts and yet are happy campers ? We have to balance the country's coffers yes, but do we have to scare every bugger half to death trying to do it instantly ?

Our marvellous armed forces, being dismantled as we speak. Our brave boys and girls risking all for the crown only to return home to redundancy. The Ark Royal, given away free as a heli pad on the Thames, Senior Military officials queuing up to resign, disgusting.

Ease up a bit David, and leave the military alone.

More than a million union members including teachers, university lecturers and civil servants will be taking part in co-ordinated national strike action tomorrow (Thursday June 30th) in defence of their jobs, pensions and vital public services that are in danger of being decimated by this blighted coaltion government.

Britain is in an economic crisis caused by bankers and the greed and incompetence of the private sector and ordinary people's jobs, conditions and services should not be slashed to pay for this. Instead of targeting the most vulnerable members of society, the government should be creating jobs and investing in a sustainable future. Political campaigning and industrial action are at the heart of a local and national fightback against these politically and ideologically driven attacks.

For more information on how you can support the strikers go to

www.pcs.org.uk

www.j30strike.org

Indeed Abbey. But I didn't vote Tory or Liberal, but I have to have a day off tomorrow because the local school is shut as so many teachers are on strike. The whole country is heading for meltdown, it's just like Thatchers Britain all over again but with much nicer City Centres.

More than a million union members including teachers, university lecturers and civil servants will be taking part in co-ordinated national strike action tomorrow (Thursday June 30th) in defence of their jobs, pensions and vital public services that are in danger of being decimated by this blighted coaltion government.

Britain is in an economic crisis caused by bankers and the greed and incompetence of the private sector and ordinary people's jobs, conditions and services should not be slashed to pay for this. Instead of targeting the most vulnerable members of society, the government should be creating jobs and investing in a sustainable future. Political campaigning and industrial action are at the heart of a local and national fightback against these politically and ideologically driven attacks.

For more information on how you can support the strikers go to

www.pcs.org.uk

www.j30strike.org

Thing is I'd wager that most of these striking tommorow voted condem ..turkeys voting for Christmas.they got what they voted for and now don't like it.Bit late when when they've been plucked.

As I am able to retire early later this year on a generous public sector pension I would like to thank the above posters and their fellow labour party voters and the poor young saps here who hopefully will be working hard for a long time in order to pay the taxes that the likes of doris and t'ABBSTER feel are essential to allow me to live in the manner to which I have become accustomed :lol:

As I am able to retire early later this year on a generous public sector pension I would like to thank the above posters and their fellow labour party voters and the poor young saps here who hopefully will be working hard for a long time in order to pay the taxes that the likes of doris and t'ABBSTER feel are essential to allow me to live in the manner to which I have become accustomed :lol:

Tashor, As you posted a while back that you were a driver then I very much doubt that you are retiring on a "generous public sector pension." Either that post was a troll or, more likely this one is, I'll assume that this recent post is the real troll, and untrue.

Having worked in the public sector at an executive level for 28 years I was about to be forced out into early retirement by Fat Eric Pickles with the princely sum of £600 a month. If anyone wants to describe this as "generous" or "gold-plated" then feel free to discuss. You might like to remember that people in the public sector also pay taxes.

I've been lucky that I've got another job in the public sector. One that saves the country £18 for every £1 that it costs to run it. Have a guess Tashor, and stop trolling.

Colin, for over 10 years I have posted many facts about myself here - where I have lived, how many kids i have, how much my wife has spent on a single handbag, how much I paid to convert my BA ( one of my many qualifications ) into an MA ( hence which university was the first I graduated from ), who I have voted for, which school I attended, the music I like and groups I have seen live, what kind of cars I have owned - but I never claimed to be employed as a driver - etc.etc......

Every single detail - including being a red faced fat barsteward - has been true - as is my post above this.

Annoying arrogant tosser I may be but troll I am not. I may use hyperbole and Juvenalian satire to make my points but do not assume that I do not hold my views as deeply and passionately as you hold yours.

Love, t..............

Excellent show of strength from the public sector unions today - a foretaste of what is to come this autumn and winter unless the Tory-led government settles this dispute over pensions very soon. Watching the unctuous Cameron and Gove on TV today justifying their attack on public services and the pay and conditions of ordinary folk while continuing to refuse to raise taxes on the rich and greedy who caused this crisis reminds me again why I will always vote Labour.

Message to Colin: I have that worthless poster on ignore - please don't quote him.

Message to Colin: I have that worthless poster on ignore - please don't quote him.

You still haven't forgiven me have you Dad :( ............................

..............by the way why are you still calling yourself Jim and not Doris now that the N.H.S. has given you the sex change operation that you have been waiting all these years for :lol:

I think you and I are old enough to put our hands up and apologise when we make mistakes. It's easy on the internet to make a mistake and/or be rude to someone. It's also too easy to go away and hide. It's a bit more honest & polite to acknowlege mistakes.

As I hope I have done. Just a matter of common courtesy really.

I have always wondered how refusing to do your job somehow proves one is worthy of being listened to about your problems regarding said job. The whole mantra of throwing ones body into the machine is so very couter productive, in my opinion, because some poor bugger that is paid less than you has to clean it up afterwards.

With so many out of work it is hard to believe that people are actually refusing to do the job that they are lucky to have. I understand that they may have grievances and many need to be addressed, but do you not see the hypocrisy of striking saying you want more, or better treatment, and calling the rich greedy and full of decadence, when hundreds of thousands look upon your jobs with desire?

I suppose that being backed by a union gives a person such a confident position. I have often wondered what would happen if people that weren't in a union were hired to do the job whilst the strikers show their solidarity to each other.

Oh, I forgot, these peaceful strikers pelt them with rocks.

When people at McDonalds and Starbucks start to be fired, and that part of the service industry is next in this great unraveling, you will soon find that there will be little support for your striking brothers and sisters, and the beginnings of hostility. We no longer live in a society that can do without or make do. When government cheques stop coming because of non sustainable programs and unions, then you will see real mobs.

Do have fun for now though.

IAs I hope I have done. Just a matter of common courtesy really.

No problem if you feel the need to apologise - I just don't want to read his rubbish.

Ignore button's very useful for eradicating rodents.

Excellent show of strength from the public sector unions today - a foretaste of what is to come this autumn and winter unless the Tory-led government settles this dispute over pensions very soon. Watching the unctuous Cameron and Gove on TV today justifying their attack on public services and the pay and conditions of ordinary folk while continuing to refuse to raise taxes on the rich and greedy who caused this crisis reminds me again why I will always vote Labour.

Oh dear Cyborg Ed :lol: IDS all over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZtVm8wtyFI

ps didn't a majority of civil servants ignore the strike and go in to work? Not exactly the Miners strike ay James?

ps didn't a majority of civil servants ignore the strike and go in to work? Not exactly the Miners strike ay James?

Quite, and how is the mining industry in Britain nowadays? Its cheaper to get the minerals etc elsewhere?

How about the ship building industry? Cars? Pretty much anything?

Unions rock.

Have you ever thought that if a domino effect prevails in Britain and around the world, then, that, your future pension, might not be so secure as you might like to think it is........

Archived