BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gordon Brown

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sun have got it in for him, without a doubt. He certainly left himself open to attack, without a shadow of a doubt.

Whatever, it's just one incident that needs to be seen in the context of his time as Prime Minister. Although I'm not a big fan of his politics, I do have the utmost respect for the fact that he's battled his way to the top with the disability that he has.

The Sun have got it in for him, without a doubt. He certainly left himself open to attack, without a shadow of a doubt.

Whatever, it's just one incident that needs to be seen in the context of his time as Prime Minister. Although I'm not a big fan of his politics, I do have the utmost respect for the fact that he's battled his way to the top with the disability that he has.

I think the same could have been said about Tony Blair although in his case Brown was his disability. :closedeyes:

Since supporting Bliar and seeing New Lab sweeping into power the Sun now like to view themselves as king makers. They have a reputation to maintain I believe but in this instance the risk is equivalent to selecting the winner in a one horse race.

• 1 month later...

The things they say.......... Dunno if this has been picked up anywhere but it's surely somewhat embarrassing for the Labour Party.

Ruth Kelly was appearing on breakfast TV this morning ridiculing yesterdays attempt by the gang of two to oust Gordon Brown. She said words to the effect that 'it was a ridiculous thing to try to do and anyway there is no one else in New Labour capable of doing the job'! :rolleyes:

I'd imagine the Tories and Lib Dems can hardly wait to include that in their election campaign.

You have to wonder about the rest of the Cabinet and Parliamentary Labour Party. Ditching Brown would on any measure of polling up Labour by several percentage points and is the only hope several dozen Labour MPs have of avoiding losing their seats plus shifts expectations decisively away from a Tory victory to an uncertain outcome.

However, no-one has shown the leadership qualities to do the job. The older Miliband is a complete funk no matter how good he might be as Foreign Secretary. I suspect the true next best leader is Ed Miliband.

Brown does have some remarkable achievements to his name as PM although the legacy of his Chancellorship is tarnished beyond repair. Unlike Blair, Brown has some singular positive personal achievements everyone can recognise and aplaud. Blair totally failed to wield any influence despite marching Britain into the Iraq mess from which we exited ingloriously after a singularly doadgy time in Basra whilst Brown got hold of and pretty well single-handedly saved the global finance system from total melt-down when Bush was sitting their looking like a bemused child.

I know this is a counter-argument to popular perception but I'd say Brown is the greater PM of the two. Such a shame that he failed to go to the country at the one and only time he could and should have done and instead has tried to rule with a completely unproven mandate so far as the British public are concerned.

If 'Call me Dave' and the Tories don't get a workable majority they need to leave politics. Labour have completely run out of ideas a long time ago, have no guiding principles (again, they have disappeared ages ago) and are waiting like a cow in an abatoir. Brown is staying as there is not one leading member who has the standing, character or intelligenc of being a party leader. I have read that a few people think that Frank Fields is or was a man who could be leader of the party, but you never hear about him being put forward in all these supposed coups.

I have read that a few people think that Frank Fields is or was a man who could be leader of the party, but you never hear about him being put forward in all these supposed coups.

Frank Field has very strong views on immigration which are totally correct, but unpalatable to those with the Labour 'we want to appeal to everybody' mindset.

Frank Field has very strong views on immigration which are totally correct, but unpalatable to those with the Labour 'we want to appeal to everybody' mindset.

In that case maybe Frank Field should stop banging his head on a brick wall and switch party or indeed start one on his own. I think he has enough respect within the electorate to pull it off. I'd have no problem giving him my vote thats for sure.

Why are the Tories the only alternative to Labour? Why don't we give the Lib Dems a turn?

You can vote for em if you want Topman. Problem is that they don't have enough quality individuals to form a govt...... bit like new Lab according to Ruth Kelly.

You can vote for em if you want Topman. Problem is that they don't have enough quality individuals to form a govt...... bit like new Lab according to Ruth Kelly.

I don't think that's true, some of their policy's i believe would make Britain a hell of a lot better place.

Many old Labour voter's would see their rightful place voting them today with policy's such as no tuition fee's, government job creation during the current economic climate, taxing the rich more etc

No serious chance of power.

True but the only reason why that is, is because of view's like yours which is the view of a lot of the electorate. If people did decide to vote based on the past 31 years, i think we would find ourself with a Lib Dem government :)

Kier Hardy, Nye Bevan, Ramsey Macdonald will be spinning in their graves. Broon and Darling have sold out the traditional working class and are desperately courting the middle income, middle class voters of middle England. Stuff the plebs and the proles 13 years of new Labour has decimated the ranks of the blue collar workers with their calloused hands and dirty fingernails to the extent that they barely figure in their future plans any longer. Broon wants to see a new social class the 'meritocracy' established. Begs the question why they didn't start 13 years ago instead of desperately trying this fudge to avoid an innings defeat in May?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6990394.ece

Broon... “A fair society is one where everyone who works hard and plays by the rules has a chance to fulfil their dreams, whether that’s owning a bigger house, taking a holiday abroad, buying a new car or starting a small business.”

Nice words Gordy. Unfortunately he neglected to add .... But we'll tax the living daylights out off you if you do just that..... and then our viscious inheritance tax will take the food out of the mouths of your children.

or

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/jan/15/gordon-brown-labour-middle-class

"The Conservative plan is to squeeze the middle class hard, cutting child tax credits for families on total household incomes over £31,000, and scraping child trust funds for all but the poorest families. " :!:

At this point I have to wonder if we have all been unwittingly transported to a parallel but mirror image universe across the galaxy.

In a combined assault on their perceived electoral salvation his bum chum Mandy now also wants to dispense with the 50p tax rate asap!! They've only just implemented it ffs! I guess this is politic speak for 'we've dropped a huge bollock! Better put a different spin on it quickstyle'. One thing we all know that is certain sure... Mandelsson will never ever EVER admit to making a mistake.

How stupid do people have to be if they fall for this unmitigated electoral tub thumping? It might have worked with the cloth cap and clogs brigade of years past but surely it will simply breed resentment and a switch to the BNP from that sector whilst any member of the shiny new 'meritocracy' will be informed and educated enough by definition to see right through it all?

I think UKIP are courting the traditional middle ground vote far more effectively.... As far as influencing Middle Britain Broons address to the Fabian Society has already been torpedoed beneath the waterline by this...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6990402.ece

No more burka's, a much tougher stance on the implementation of sharia law, more defence budget to support our forces overseas and a return to Grammar schools. Now that is real middle ground utopia that the Labour mandarins could not spot if it hit them in the face. UKIP really are becoming the people's party of the future.

If New Labour wants to appeal to the majority the message is surely to give the voters what they want. How bloody difficult is that?

Has anybody seen the 'David Cameron....."I`ll plug the deficit" campaign billboard poster on Blackburn Boulevard?? :huh:

Somebody has spraypainted a Hitler tash on him. It`s quite amusing ;)

Archived