BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leaving Early

ABBEY

Probably best to keep unrelated messages to private chat.

Going back to the topic, I don't see the problem in people leaving early. I personally would never leave early but as someone said previously, it means less people getting in the way after the final whistle. It's especially good at Wembley. Half the crowd decide to start leaving 10 minutes before end of the game which makes life easier when trying to queue up for the train. England away games are a bit of a pain though as they refuse to let you out until 30mins/1 hour after kick off sometimes!

Probably best to keep unrelated messages to private chat.

Going back to the topic, I don't see the problem in people leaving early.

I think one of the problems with it is the number of people who can end up disturbing you. In our case there is an older guy-yes, even older than me-who gets up to leave the ground 15 minutes before the end. I have no idea why and I doubt that I shall ever ask him, so we are not put out by it but I can understand it putting other people off. And it does not look great on tv.

I can only go by what I feel but people pay their money for a ticket so if they choose to miss 10-15 minutes of the game then I guess it's up to them.

Personally I wouldn't leave a game early because I love the game and want to see every single second of it. Although I always want my team to win, sometimes it's great to appreciate watching a world class player on the opposition team. Also when tickets cost an arm and a leg to get in on top of transport, accommodation, food/drinks etc I feel like I want to get my moneys worth.

I've always seen football as a great day out. I like to walk down the road with hundreds of other fans going to the game chatting about the current issues, enjoying the pre-match atmosphere with a drink and I like doing the same after a game as well talking about the great goal, the blummin' ref or giving some opposition fans a bit of friendly banter.

Winds me up! Boro game a case in point, nail biting time, we needed a goal, tensions running high all round and some git stands up in front of you to shuffle away at a snails pace imparing your view of the match! Ignorance. Especially when a roar from the crowd causes em to stop, turn around to stare!

Fortunately since I moved to the JW from the Riverside it doesn't happen anything like as frequently.

Why?

I stayed for a while after it had finished to savour the atmosphere!

Had to get back to Lancashire! The atmosphere wasn't anything special to be honest.

Speaking of the game, am I the only one that though Joss Stone butchered God Save the Queen? I thought Ne-Yo was exceptional, for what it's worth.

Had to get back to Lancashire! The atmosphere wasn't anything special to be honest.

Speaking of the game, am I the only one that though Joss Stone butchered God Save the Queen? I thought Ne-Yo was exceptional, for what it's worth.

Fair enough. I was staying a stone's throw from the stadium (In the same hotel as Nick Halling!). I suppose it was easier for me to take a bit more of a leisurely approach to leaving the stadium!

The atmos wasn't like a footy game, but I still wanted to savour every moment!

Joss Stone - I was amused as she was roundly boo-ed when she was announced. She started singing and tried to put her own twist to it. Everyone around me clearly thought 'sack that!' and started singing the traditional anthem. I heard an initial Joss wail and a closing Joss wail, but 'nowt in between save for the crowd. I got the best end of the deal apparentl

I thought the Stereophonics were good.

Archived