BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tresor Mputu

Hughesy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to back up what Tris mentioned, what is also worrying about arsenal and their kids is that they actually had 6 players out of the squad who would normally be looking at playing.

Whaever they are doing down there needs to be looked at because for me that team would hold itself in the Premier League such was their skill, spped and effort.

A cunning mixture of foreign imports with good old British backbone and a solid keeper with agility.

Arsenals kids will win some trophies in the future and for me, having had the chance to see the old United kids in full flow, I can definately say that these kids are 100% better than Uniteds ever were.

Just to back up what Tris mentioned, what is also worrying about arsenal and their kids is that they actually had 6 players out of the squad who would normally be looking at playing.

Whaever they are doing down there needs to be looked at because for me that team would hold itself in the Premier League such was their skill, spped and effort.

A cunning mixture of foreign imports with good old British backbone and a solid keeper with agility.

Arsenals kids will win some trophies in the future and for me, having had the chance to see the old United kids in full flow, I can definately say that these kids are 100% better than Uniteds ever were.

For me it is a mixture of good coaching - and the ability to attract (and pay for) the very best young talent. In Ramsay - Arsenal had one player that cost more than any of our signings since probably Andy Cole. They have paid some serious money for their youth team squad - probably as much as Rovers first team. However - you have to admire their scouting and coaching set up.

Criticise Ince - but everything I hear about our current youth team seems to infer he is pushing the more skill, rather than brute strength and effort. For me Walcott shows the Arsenal influence - lots of promise - but they have taken him to another level - still not quite there, but a hell of a lot better than when he left Southampton.

Archived