BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Disciplinary Table- Bs Or The Hard Truth?

if your first point is the case Jal then they shouldn't be officiating

2nd point - not a cat in hells chance you know this.

As per your response to Den , you are missing the whole point here - Den is acknowledging that Warnock deserved to be booked, but then again so did others who where not.

Over the past few seasons we have seen the extent of these decisions piling up against us, and IMO as with many others, we are certainly have gripe for unjustified decisions against us when similar if not worse offences against us are not even punished.

Sorry CK, its absolutely impossible for the referees to get every decision right but they should be getting all the major or critical decisions right.

I missed out when talking about the players body language it should have included the Chelsea players calling for that corner as the Rovers players failed to move out of the box the ref made his decision quickly, now and again you'll always get these type of incidents.

The more common incident like this one is when two players collide near to the touchline usually opposite to where the assistant referee is standing and the ball goes out of play yet the referee is unsure as is the assisatnt refreee, they both delay their decision because they wait to see how the players react by who goes for the throw, only then the ref points his hand in the direction of which way the thrower is kicking. Seen this happen many a time sometimes its quite clear to the man in the stand who touched it last in play but from the refreees position its far from clear.

Lets not forget the conditions teaming with rain attacking the referees vision whilst we sat in the comfort of our stands dry with a clear view lets give the ref some respect ideally if the players were winning there would be little said about the referee.

I'd say the referee always gets highlighted for a misdemeanour or two by a struggling team and its fans as they have to find some kind of injustice towards them to deflect their teams shortcomings its only natural human behaviour.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry CK, its absolutely impossible for the referees to get every decision right but they should be getting all the major or critical decisions right.

I missed out when talking about the players body language it should have included the Chelsea players calling for that corner as the Rovers players failed to move out of the box the ref made his decision quickly, now and again you'll always get these type of incidents.

The more common incident like this one is when two players collide near to the touchline usually opposite to where the assistant referee is standing and the ball goes out of play yet the referee is unsure as is the assisatnt refreee, they both delay their decision because they wait to see how the players react by who goes for the throw, only then the ref points his hand in the direction of which way the thrower is kicking. Seen this happen many a time sometimes its quite clear to the man in the stand who touched it last in play but from the refreees position its far from clear.

Lets not forget the conditions teaming with rain attacking the referees vision whilst we sat in the comfort of our stands dry with a clear view lets give the ref some respect ideally if the players were winning there would be little said about the referee.

I'd say the referee always gets highlighted for a misdemeanour or two by a struggling team and its fans as they have to find some kind of injustice towards them to deflect their teams shortcomings its only natural human behaviour.

I agree on every decision not being called correctly Jal , but the officials should never be swayed on a teams body language or calls.

Not sure if you play or have played the game but players nearly always react automatically and call 'their ball' most of the time even if they know its not - its upto the officials to give what they see and if unsure communicate - and this is my argument - they plain and simply don't and already have their mind made up - and if they are both unsure it should go to the defending team.

I agree on every decision not being called correctly Jal , but the officials should never be swayed on a teams body language or calls.

Not sure if you play or have played the game but players nearly always react automatically and call 'their ball' most of the time even if they know its not - its upto the officials to give what they see and if unsure communicate - and this is my argument - they plain and simply don't and already have their mind made up - and if they are both unsure it should go to the defending team.

The technology is there to help the referees CK to improve on accurate decision making its just FIFA holding it all up, hopefully soon the green light will be given and the complaints will significantly reduce. Come on FIFA !!

Ohh technology - love it or hate it

Only for cheating and goals in my book - otherwsie there is no need for officials.

The problem is , no matter what technology is in place - if the law is still not clear the interpretation will always be cloudy and misconstrued.

Common sense and understanding is needed more in my book - and respect by the players once everything is clarified.

Ohh technology - love it or hate it

Only for cheating and goals in my book - otherwsie there is no need for officials.

The problem is , no matter what technology is in place - if the law is still not clear the interpretation will always be cloudy and misconstrued.

Common sense and understanding is needed more in my book - and respect by the players once everything is clarified.

Could you identify a law that is cloudy and misconstrued CK and give an example of it if possible, cheers JAL.

Could you identify a law that is cloudy and misconstrued CK and give an example of it if possible, cheers JAL.

The offside one for starters - PIG I do believe is used as admitted by the chief ref himself hackett - does it get applied the same - does it rollocks.

As for the the decision of the corner / goalkick - there aint no law there - just commonsense - the ref wasn't sure so it should go to the defending side , not when the moaners decide to have their word. - because if that is the case tehre aint no technology going to change that.

The offside one for starters - PIG I do believe is used as admitted by the chief ref himself hackett - does it get applied the same - does it rollocks.

As for the the decision of the corner / goalkick - there aint no law there - just commonsense - the ref wasn't sure so it should go to the defending side , not when the moaners decide to have their word. - because if that is the case tehre aint no technology going to change that.

As soon as I posted the earlier message offside was the one I expected to come back CK.

PIG doesnt get applied equally because of the so many situatuions that has to be judge by the assistant referee (linesman) which can be very very difficult, the law is clear, yet when trying to assess the last defender whilst the ball is played forward is an unenviable task for the ass. ref or anyone performing this task on the local parks around the country. - try it some day then you'll know. :)

The confusing bit of PIG is the football pundits on TV who cast further doubt because of their analysis of the incident, the law is clear, yet application is another matter due to the speed of events that may unfold for the unfortunate assistant referee.

Fully think an educational training programme should be rolled out and communicated to the masses on this Law so that everyone fully understands it.

PS. CK why go with the defending side surely more goals lie with the attacking side.

This is interesting

You are the ref

It's from The Guardian. It's all about making decisions on events on and off the pitch. Keith Hackett delivers the final version.

For what it's worth I think that criticising referees has become a default position for managers; players; fans; & pundits alike.

A lot of them are completely ignorant of The Laws Of The Game which is what referees use to look after games. I'll give you "expert pundit" Jamie Redknapp who uses the phrase "he was entitled to go down there" for an attacking player in the opposition's penalty area. He should be repeatedly & severly hit in his tightly cosseted groinal area for such a load of cobblers which bears no resemblence to the laws. Louise can do without her weekly portion of pork sausage. He has no idea.

This "bash the ref" environment is becoming hysterical, it's just an automatic reaction for managers who have lost a game. Ever heard a manager moan about a ref when their team has won?

And don't blame refs for the lack of technology to help them. This is not their call. All they do is their job with their eyes and ears. And 22 cheating players on the pitch.

I'll stop now.

Interestingly, in the Sunderland Match Gallery on the Rovers Official Site, the photographer has caught Treacy being clearly fouled for the'dive' he received a yellow card for...

0,,10303~4526425,00.jpg

full set of pics here

I too spotted that picture and wondered if he got a free kick for it. If he really got a card for diving then it just shows yet again how bad some refereeing decisions are when you see some of the blatant diving that goes on and is unpunished.

Interestingly, in the Sunderland Match Gallery on the Rovers Official Site, the photographer has caught Treacy being clearly fouled for the'dive' he received a yellow card for...

0,,10303~4526425,00.jpg

full set of pics here

Pretty damning evidence on the face of it mum. As was that pic I seem to remember from last season's game at Newc, the one of MGP getting throttled by Beye. One of those examples where a still photo doesn't tell the whole story though? I've a Sunderland-supporting mate who was sat behind the goal at that end (the other end to where the Rovers fans were) : what he remembers of that was that the defender - Ferdinand? - slid in, got the ball, and it came off Treacy going out for a goalkick.

If that's right, and it could be from my view of that photo, then no pen seems fair enough. Never a dive though, agree there.

Pretty damning evidence on the face of it mum. As was that pic I seem to remember from last season's game at Newc, the one of MGP getting throttled by Beye. One of those examples where a still photo doesn't tell the whole story though? I've a Sunderland-supporting mate who was sat behind the goal at that end (the other end to where the Rovers fans were) : what he remembers of that was that the defender - Ferdinand? - slid in, got the ball, and it came off Treacy going out for a goalkick.

If that's right, and it could be from my view of that photo, then no pen seems fair enough. Never a dive though, agree there.

Someone should send that pic to Rob Styles and the FA saying asking what happened next...

As soon as I posted the earlier message offside was the one I expected to come back CK.

PIG doesnt get applied equally because of the so many situatuions that has to be judge by the assistant referee (linesman) which can be very very difficult, the law is clear, yet when trying to assess the last defender whilst the ball is played forward is an unenviable task for the ass. ref or anyone performing this task on the local parks around the country. - try it some day then you'll know. :)

Fully think an educational training programme should be rolled out and communicated to the masses on this Law so that everyone fully understands it.

PS. CK why go with the defending side surely more goals lie with the attacking side.

How can it be clear if there are 'so many' situations - in my book that makes it not clear as nobody is sure what is what - and is obviously too much for one person to take in at any given moment ie - as for trying I already have ( I think we have already been on about this before) and I have never said it is easy ... but this just goes to show what a load of crap PIG is and the decision making stance the officials take. Go on to park football and you will see it is used as how most people interpret it - past the last defender and you are offside.

Agree it should be communicated , but as there are ' so many' situations - how can it be - hence why its a complete load of trash.

But its not about goals - its about being fair in the decision.

left his leg there

?????????? looks pretty well trapped to me, but as Neil says (and not having seen the incident) not necessarily a penalty. Surely it doesn't warrant a yellow card though - we all know that in certain circumstances that would have been a nailed on penalty and we are also aware that Rob Styles is no friend of Rovers.

Archived