BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Future Of Rovers

This topic has been dragged up before by the scruff of its neck but this time its serious.

In the past some fans have been concerned because we've not finnished in the top 6 but this time where in the bottom 3.

The board no longer seem interested and do not want pump their money into the club. We've been drip fed financially since Souness left and if we go down this time I fear the trustees will sell up. The squads down to the bones and its financialy worth nothing realy.

If the board are still interested they need to provide a proper transfer budget to attract good manager.

or

they can watch Blackburn go down, Burnley come up and face having to spend money getting the club back up along with rebuilding the squad after everyone valuable leaving as well as the the loss of the TV Money. The effect on the local economy would be shocking as well.

Any thoughts

This topic has been dragged up before by the scruff of its neck but this time its serious.

In the past some fans have been concerned because we've not finnished in the top 6 but this time where in the bottom 3.

The board no longer seem interested and do not want pump their money into the club. We've been drip fed financially since Souness left and if we go down this time I fear the trustees will sell up. The squads down to the bones and its financialy worth nothing realy.

If the board are still interested they need to provide a proper transfer budget to attract good manager.

or

they can watch Blackburn go down, Burnley come up and face having to spend money getting the club back up along with rebuilding the squad after everyone valuable leaving as well as the the loss of the TV Money. The effect on the local economy would be shocking as well.

Any thoughts

Don't think the trustees can sell up

Its looking more likely that we will go down. I just can't see the trust pumping more money into the club, it a way you can understand as it was Jack's dream and passion not theirs.

They still have to adhere to the requierments of Jack's will though

First things first we won't miss the TV money because we never see it.

Where has all the money gone?:

Bentley + Friedel, Hughes compo, TV Money, 3 million trust money.

If the owners of the club don't want it give it away instead of asking for 40 million sell it for a £1.

''Bentley + Friedel, Hughes compo, TV Money, 3 million trust money''...a figure approaching 50 Million?

I have probed before with the uneasy suggestion that the Walkers are possibly recouping every penny they can on the quiet.I have yet to see enough investment in the club over the last 4-5 years to think any different to be honest.

So WHY does everybody blame Ince for the current predicament?

What top quality, experienced manager would put up with it??

Answer: None!

He is the manager!

I hate the chop change mentality of clubs like NUFC, but at 40 +years Ince still has time to make a decent stab at management.However, Rovers do NOT have the time to let him carry on trying here and now.

Forget Keegan and other lightweights I think we need to swallow our pride and bring in the heavyweight that is Big Sam.

• Backroom

We're financially in good nick, I assume, for now.

However, once we go down (and unless something drastic changes, this is a very likely scenario), we're going to lose out in TV deals, sponsorships/advertisements(premiership being far more lucrative an advertising platform than the championship) and our crowds will drop even lower than they currently are. Wonder how we'll look then?

The board/trustees/whoever is left then will look back on this season and wish they had pumped money into the club at a time when we had a good chance to push for European places. Unfortunately, by the time we're sitting in the Championship, it'll all be too late.

Rovers' business fundamentals are probably better than any time in the clubs 133 year history apart from the dozen years Mr Cotton (before ww1) and Jack Walker were bankrolling the club.

We just need professional football management which I am certain the Chairman, Board and Trustees know we have not got.

If Derbyshire has indeed said "that our star centre forward wants to leave" (and remember Derbs is a Rovers supporter as well as a Rovers player) then the unravelling of the manager is beginning to happen in public and it hastens his departure. Three points in 24 surely is enough proof. No escaping the chop this time as I simply cannot see the scope for or the benefit of kissing and making up again.

Giving the new guy as much time as we can is going to be critical.

The only argument for delay now can be there is a preferred replacement who is not yet available but could be very shortly.

We're financially in good nick, I assume, for now.

However, once we go down (and unless something drastic changes, this is a very likely scenario), we're going to lose out in TV deals, sponsorships/advertisements(premiership being far more lucrative an advertising platform than the championship) and our crowds will drop even lower than they currently are. Wonder how we'll look then?

The board/trustees/whoever is left then will look back on this season and wish they had pumped money into the club at a time when we had a good chance to push for European places. Unfortunately, by the time we're sitting in the Championship, it'll all be too late.

Your hammer has hit the nail on the head there....and its what most of us fear:

1. No Tv money

2. The fire sale of our best players leaving a run of the mill Championship squad.

3. Reduction in Sponsorship/massive drop in merchandising

4. Crowds going through the floor(Donny Rovers at home on a wet Wed in November anyone?)

Just like the good old days eh,years of progress and hard work down the shitter(all for the sake of a rookie manager finding his feet)......god help us!

Your hammer has hit the nail on the head there....and its what most of us fear:

1. No Tv money

2. The fire sale of our best players leaving a run of the mill Championship squad.

3. Reduction in Sponsorship/massive drop in merchandising

4. Crowds going through the floor(Donny Rovers at home on a wet Wed in November anyone?)

Just like the good old days eh,years of progress and hard work down the shitter(all for the sake of a rookie manager finding his feet)......god help us!

4.me!!!! met some dony fans in rhodes and it would be a good neet out hahahaaha( dont want to go down really)

I do wonder what Kayos and Fife think about the possibility of us going down.

Not having a dig at you guys, just curious: You've been complaining for years about what money is doing to the game and how evil the Premiership is. Would you rather see us go down a level or 2, or stay in the Premiership as long as possible?

Archived