BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Wire

if you have'nt seen it yet finally the BBC have had the common sense to show 1 of the best series EVER !!!!! THE WIRE is being shown from the beginning tonight @11.20 on bbc 2 and every weekday night till it has showed all 60 episodes PURE BLISS at last something on normal telly worth watching ......

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT MAKE SURE YOU DO!!!!!!!!!

11.20! For an hour...?! Some of us have jobs to get up for in the mornings... ;)

I'm one of those people who, if I missed one episode I couldn't watch again until I'd caught up so I think I'll wait and see what people say about it then maybe buy the box sets.

Have you not got a PVR it's very seldom I watch live TV, F1 would be unwatchable without one! PS it's not an American series is it?

Have no problems with more people discovering the greatest show ever on TV. If you like something, you should share it.

Series recording is now set, even though I have the DVDs in storage somewhere!

Blimey. Have you any idea of how much quality you're missing out on?

24, Six Feet Under, The West Wing, The Wire, The Sopranos, Lost, Deadwood, Friday Night Lights, Entourage, ER to name but a few are absolutely fantastic and far better than the tripe churned out by the BBC and ITV.

I just prefer British series, Trial and Retribution, some of the 3 part series, original Taggart etc, I just can't get into American stuff it's just to cheesy and false, also when they remake classic British films like Get Carter, Alfie, The Italian Job need I say more?

I was referring to "The Wire"

The characters are very real, and very well acted. The writing is brilliant - some of the best American crime writers have worked on the series. It also hits the point that just when you think it is predictable....

Just to echo the thoughts of most on here, I am very much enjoying The Wire, not managed to watch the whole lot before so its nice to have an hour to myself each night to watch some quality T.V. The Sheild and The Beast (do all American shows have to have 'The' at the begining?) have been very good aswell, but this show is the real deal.

Oh just a shout out to the British shows, the last series of 'Murphy's Law' was top notch. Hope they do another one as dark and gritty as the last one.

Oh just a shout out to the British shows, the last series of 'Murphy's Law' was top notch. Hope they do another one as dark and gritty as the last one.

"Oi mate, ahm Murphy and ahm dead f****d up like. Look at me scowl like, no wat ah meen. Oi ded on!"

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who enjoyed the wire, i would recommend reading "Homicide : A Year on the Killing Streets" by David Simon (the writer/producer of The Wire). It is his experiences of the year he spent with the detectives of the Baltimore Homicide Squad when he was a reporter with the Baltimore Sun.

It is the main inspiration behind The Wire.

Its great.

Archived