BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Drummer

Drummer means well but his timekeeping is a bit off, especially after a minute or two of banging away.

Perhaps he should have his drum handy in case the crowd dies off, but just try to get something going and then let us get on with it, instead of enforcing BARMY ARMY for ten minutes at a time.

.............and my answer to those who say the atmosphere is worse when the drummer isn't there, is that it takes time to resurect an atmosphere, which has been killed by the drummer in the first place. ie the atmos becomes reliant on it. the sooner we get rid of drum/barmy army and get back to being a football crowd, the better.

I think he encourages more singing by jumping up & down at the bottom of the Blackburn End than he does banging his drum so why not stick to that? He's obviously a passionate Rovers fan and we can always do with those after Ewood descended into a morgue-like atmosphere for those home games between the horror of Ince and before we 'took back' the Darwen End.

BTW it was even worse when Roar was banging the drum. Keep the drum locked away & if theres not enough chanting bring it out as a threat...!

Drummer means well but his timekeeping is a bit off, especially after a minute or two of banging away.

Perhaps he should have his drum handy in case the crowd dies off, but just try to get something going and then let us get on with it, instead of enforcing BARMY ARMY for ten minutes at a time.

Is that before or after he starts drumming.............? :wacko:

Can't stand drumming or any badly played instruments at football games, proper gets on my wick.

A prime example of this was the cocophany coming out of the Darwen End from the Pompey fans a couple of weeks back, not only did they have the usual t*** with the bell, but a drum and for a short while someone was playing a trumpet so out of tune it was untrue. My mate had the idea that Rovers should have given away loads of free bells instead of the flags or bangy things they give us, That would have shut the B****** up, 20 odd thousand of us ringing him out the ground. :lol:

Over the years im fed up of the same chants ' Benny Mccarthy' 'Shabani Nonda' 'Billy Mckinley' all that same song but with different names. Is this down to the drummers one and only beat pattern?

Not to mention how many songs we have to the tune of... Lanky lanky lanky Lancashire, Matty matty matty derbyshire, Hey roque roque roque roque roque santa cruz, Wanky wanky wanky wanderers,

Didn't see it as a personal attack, in fact I especially agree with the latter part of your statement. I just remember why the club asked for the drumming in the first place many years ago. The atmosphere was funereal, lacked spontaneity and nobody was "kick-starting" proceedings. I do agree that the drum has run its course and this season has shown it is no longer required, but I get a bit fed up of people feeling the need to criticise and personally abuse a guy they probably don't know who is clearly passionate about the Rovers and has done more than his bit to get behind the club and help create an atmosphere - have we?

So it was the older one, the one who did it for ten years for free to support our club. Not only has he ended up with athritis in his hand, fingers and shoulder but he did it home and away for ten years. Can anyone remind me why we got one in the first place????

I may be crtical of some players at our club but never in my wildest dreams would I slag off a man who volunteered his services to our club.

One drum drowns out the 8,000 odd who want to sing???? He came back for one last hurra to support the team in our time of crsis and this is the thanks he gets, at the request of some of us the fans and the club.

So it was the older one, the one who did it for ten years for free to support our club. Not only has he ended up with athritis in his hand, fingers and shoulder but he did it home and away for ten years. Can anyone remind me why we got one in the first place????

I may be crtical of some players at our club but never in my wildest dreams would I slag off a man who volunteered his services to our club.

One drum drowns out the 8,000 odd who want to sing???? He came back for one last hurra to support the team in our time of crsis and this is the thanks he gets, at the request of some of us the fans and the club.

I totally agree, the whole point is to try and make Ewood a fortress, lots of supporters on all four sides of the ground and lots of vocal support, JW and Sam are trying to achieve this and we shoulld give them some credit!!

Archived