BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Drummer

Now the mere mention of the drummer as a topic will no doubt lead to groans all round as this is a topic that has been discussed many times before, but Sunday's game provided graphic evidence of the negative effect he has on the crowd chanting.

The first half atmosphere was cracking. Loads of different chants coming from the Blackburn end and spreading around the stands. Then the second half starts and, rising from the flames like a tone deaf phoenix fuelled on tartrazine, Mr Drummer starts up and my heart sinks. And with good reason too, for very quickly the blokes in the top corner of the lower tier find that the attempts to start chants are ruined as he tries to drum in time. For God's sake when will he realise that the physics of sound prevent keeping time over such distances? Within 5 minutes we were restricted to 'barmy army' and 'big sam's blue and white army'. Uniformity existed once again in the ground and all the good work that the crowd and the club has put in over the season (and especially over the last few games) to get the atmosphere back was undone. It wasn't until Tugay got subbed that some spontineity returned to Ewood Park.

I've spoken to Mr Drummer before and I don't doubt that your motives are good and true, but please please please understand that you make the atmosphere worse not better, as the atmospheric game of two halves served so well to demonstrate on Sunday. I only hope that it was a one off and that you hang your drum up for good this summer.

I think you'll find it was a "one-off" in response to repeated requests from many people over the course of the season. I understand the drummer gets asked every home game when he is coming back and always says "I'm not" - however, he may have had a pint on Sunday and yielded to demand from all but the members of this MB!

For showing his support of the club? I wasn't exactly a huge fan of the drumming because I thought it hampered the songs and atmosphere but there's no need to be so insulting towards someone who cares about Rovers.

I'm not being insulting, I just think he is deranged.

a drummer at ewood is an embarrassment in my opinion. we are a proud traditional football club and we're in danger of becoming a laughing stock if we allow out atmosphere to turn into a village fete with a drummer and barmy army chants.

a drummer at ewood is an embarrassment in my opinion. we are a proud traditional football club and we're in danger of becoming a laughing stock if we allow out atmosphere to turn into a village fete with a drummer and barmy army chants.

Agree.

The barmy army chant is the unbarmiest chant I have ever heard.

If the drummer enjoys what he does at Ewood Park, is it really our responsibility to dampen his enjoyment of his games at Ewood Park when hes attempting to stir the Blackburn crowd.

Let him get on with it, he doesnt alter the atmosphere or stop anyone from cheering in their own way.

If the drummer enjoys what he does at Ewood Park, is it really our responsibility to dampen his enjoyment of his games at Ewood Park when hes attempting to stir the Blackburn crowd.

Let him get on with it, he doesnt alter the atmosphere or stop anyone from cheering in their own way.

He should be banished to the Darren End.

Took a quite a few neutral friends with me to the Leicester FA Cup game a few years back...they still take the p*** for the 'gerintoem', 'barmy army' etc drummer ignited chants. He is very embarrassing, however much he means well.

Took a quite a few neutral friends with me to the Leicester FA Cup game a few years back...they still take the p*** for the 'gerintoem', 'barmy army' etc drummer ignited chants. He is very embarrassing, however much he means well.

i have taken neutral friends to the odd game with me!! and they do the exact same!! the shame of it :(

How can you say that?? It does! He drums over chants and because he's so far from the source they sound out of time to those who are doing the singing, meaning that they become unsustainable and stop. It was there as plain as your nose on Sunday. It's taken months to get some of the atmosphere back a level only dreamed of when he was banging away. I hope it was a one off.

How can you say that?? It does! He drums over chants and because he's so far from the source they sound out of time to those who are doing the singing, meaning that they become unsustainable and stop. It was there as plain as your nose on Sunday. It's taken months to get some of the atmosphere back a level only dreamed of when he was banging away. I hope it was a one off.

If hes annoying you Tooting go and take the drum off him, if hes hitting it like a flid take it off him.

We have to remember he thinks hes having a good time hitting the thing, its easy for me to say sat almost on the oposite side of the ground but from were i'm sitting he does seem to lead the Blackburn End, not always, but most of the time.

BAN the Drummers drum. BAN..., BAN..., BAN BAN BAN.... BAN BAN BAN BAN..., BAN... BAN....

See, drumming sucks on message boards and sucks in football grounds.

I ended up sat near the drummer for a cup game a few years ago, it was so annoying and my fillings were rattling.

I wouldn't ban the drummer though, I have had a right good moan about him in the past but come on, he used to do a decent job and he did get the Blackburn End going. I think the drummer would be a good addition to the extra fans and improved atmosphere next season.

Since we got rid of the drummer, I've heard more new chants!!

Mokoena's gunna break ur legs (to tune of Torres chant)

Zurab's got a long name.

I would walk 500 miles........to be the man who walked 1000 miles to see the rovers score!! (to tune of 500 miles)

And many more chants that are funny and spur-of-the-moment (although I can't remember them, they were very funny)

Basically, without the drummer we are more imaginative and actually SOUND like a footy ground!!!

Zurab's got a long name.

I would walk 500 miles........to be the man who walked 1000 miles to see the rovers score!! (to tune of 500 miles)

And many more chants that are funny and spur-of-the-moment (although I can't remember them, they were very funny)

Basically, without the drummer we are more imaginative and actually SOUND like a footy ground!!!

Some lads in the top corner of the Darren End started some amusing chants on Sunday. When the West brom fans were doing their "Boing Boing Baggies" song, they started singing "Boing Boing back to the championship"

& when big Sam failed to "give us a wave" when asked, some of them sang "you`re fat but you kept us up" ;)

Zurab's got a long name.

Spot on.

Zurab's got a long name.

GET RID OF HIM PLEASE MR WILLIAMS.

Archived