BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Supporting The Club

Seems like i'm not the only frustrated supporter then. Could someone just highlight to the club that the fan base is more than the northwest of england and the club should seriously look at overseas market as a potential source of revenue? Looking at how the club is run now, we'll never be more than a small town club. This is not meant to be a criticism of John Williams and team but surely, we should be looking forward to globalisation instead of depending on the same business plan that served us well for that past decade.

Btw, about this Rovers World thing, can anyone tell me whether the commentary includes the cup matches?

Some sort of membership club for distant and overseas supporters is still on the agenda for Rovers, but it won't happen in the very near future.

Blackburn Rovers is loved in Northern Ireland, Ireland and Norway for certain. Us Northern Irish lads have representation at almost every game. We have about 50 members in out books. We live and die Rovers. I love every minute of every trip. Money aint an issue. I love meeting local supporters and players and just love being in Blackburn. Off course the alcohol is good too lol. The Norweigans bring alot of supporters over whey they have organised branch trips. I went out with about 15 one night in Blackburn. They have bloody mental. Whether were English, Irish, Northern Irish or Norweigan, we all desire the same thing, Blackburn Rovers!!!!!!!!!! :D

Agree with everything there mate!

Some sort of membership club for distant and overseas supporters is still on the agenda for Rovers, but it won't happen in the very near future.

O2G that has been the response for quite some time now from the club. How difficult is it to acknowledge the overseas supporters? We love the club just as much as those from Blackburn, but are certainly imo treated as if we dont exist. Am i being harsh? I would love to get to Ewood, but i cant afford to. My only link is tv, internet and newspapers and even then im cheering the team on.

Why not? It wouldn't be difficult to get started, nor expensive. How it developed would depend on what distant and overseas fans wanted from it, but there are already plenty of ideas on here to get started with. Would be a hugely positive step for the club to take.

from norway. we have a great setup over here. there is dedicated Rovers-pubs in all the main cities (oslo, trondheim and bergen (i think). it great. we get a discount on beer and they show every match on tv. the one in oslo also have a few merch items hanging around :D the fan-club have done a brilliant job. i think we even get a doscount at the Roverstore at ewood also, and there is a fair bunch of trips each season. sadly i haven't been able to join any of them yet. just three trips to ewood for me, but its soon 10 years since the last time :o

what i do to support though... im a Rovers world member and sometimes buy the shirt. i dont have money to go wild about merch haha. would be great if they set up the official fan-club though

Discount at the Roverstore? How'd you manage that lol? Are you fond of the snuss like the rest of your Norweigan buddys? They are always trying to get me to take it lol. Sorry im off the subject now. I agree that we love the club as much as people from Blackburn if not even more in some circumstances. How much each nationality loves the club aint an issue though. My first match was only a couple of years ago when we beat Nancy 1-0. Since then ive been to another 9 games and thats all thanks to the Northern Ireland Supporters Brach which i found on the internet. As i said before, i love coming over to the matches and i love talking to locals and soaking up the matchday atmosphere in the shop and pubs etc. Its all great. I couldnt support another club cause i love Blackburn far too much! :D

O2G, a "club" of sorts used to exist a few years back. Can't remember if there were any benefits though.

Why not? It wouldn't be difficult to get started, nor expensive. How it developed would depend on what distant and overseas fans wanted from it, but there are already plenty of ideas on here to get started with. Would be a hugely positive step for the club to take.

It's not a question of being difficult to set up - clearly some form of club could be set up very simply. What the club want to do is set up something using the new technology they have now installed and I think it is a question of prioritising staff time to do it properly. Right now they are no doubt concentrating on season ticket renewal. I will continue to pester them for progress but I did not want to get anyone's hopes up that it will happen in weeks.

It's not a question of being difficult to set up - clearly some form of club could be set up very simply. What the club want to do is set up something using the new technology they have now installed and I think it is a question of prioritising staff time to do it properly. Right now they are no doubt concentrating on season ticket renewal. I will continue to pester them for progress but I did not want to get anyone's hopes up that it will happen in weeks.

Appreciate that right now might be busy..but later in the closed season should be possible? Maybe it would be useful for individual members of the MB to e-mail the club with their suggestions or at least a request to set something up. Just to demonstrate that there is a significant interest in the idea. We'd need to agree that's what we want to do..and all do it..to make it effective AND know who to e-mail.

Appreciate that right now might be busy..but later in the closed season should be possible? Maybe it would be useful for individual members of the MB to e-mail the club with their suggestions or at least a request to set something up. Just to demonstrate that there is a significant interest in the idea. We'd need to agree that's what we want to do..and all do it..to make it effective AND know who to e-mail.

The easiest way is to put all your ideas on a thread here and I can then take them to the club as I'm secretary to the Fans Forum, although equally don't be afraid of approaching the club direct.

This isn't really supporting the club financially but my aim is to get a group of rovers supporters in New York city together for each televised game. Ive met maybe about 20 at various times in the city and theres no reason why we can't all get together, especially with the Burnley matches next season. first i got to start working on a website though, preferably for Rovers all across the states.

if you have any advice or ideas message me.

It is not just the overseas supporter, but those from the south of the uk who also feel neglected. Some of us travel when able to get to a home game - but places to stay in Blackburn that are reasonable are hard to come by. I am aware that there were plans to build a new stand and hotel for the riverside - these have probable been shelved due to the credit crunch / low attendances etc. Rovers could do a deal, such as match ticket and stay deal, with the various hotels / guest houses for rovers supporters. This of course would also help the overseas supporter who come over to the uk when they can. My wife and I asked about the fenhurst in May this year and we were told it is for away supporters only. A hotel across the road from the ground - but only for away supporters.

The Fernhurst is only for away supporters.

The hotel associated with it, is a hotel, and they dont care who you support.

There is the fernhurst, the travellodge, the bear and a handful of other places to stop.

Ive never paid for than £40 for 2 people in the travel lodge at the M65 after a match.

This isn't really supporting the club financially but my aim is to get a group of rovers supporters in New York city together for each televised game. Ive met maybe about 20 at various times in the city and theres no reason why we can't all get together, especially with the Burnley matches next season. first i got to start working on a website though, preferably for Rovers all across the states.

if you have any advice or ideas message me.

Keep up the good work Stateside!

I have friends in New England that 'follow' overs. Let me know how you get on with your NYC supporters club, that's a cool idea.

I love NYC and have been numerous times, it will be good to know we have followers their!

My wife and I asked about the fenhurst in May this year and we were told it is for away supporters only. A hotel across the road from the ground - but only for away supporters.

This is where i have to always stay when i venture up North. Living in Southampton i used to go up with a few of my mates who were saints fans. But i could never wear my colours due to the fact the fenhurst is away fans only. The times i've had to spend a night in there with away fans having to hide my allegiance! Ridiculous. Although saying that, i did insist on post match beers in the Blues Bar a few times. Usually wishing i hadn't. It always seems to be empty.

Archived