BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] E-bay Question?

hello B)

Can anybody give me some advice or point me in the right direction? :huh:

I`ve got some items (flat but quite large) for sale on e-bay. Somebody from Hong Kong has emailed me asking if i could mail/ship the items over to China/Honk Kong.

I said i`d get back to him when i have more info.

Does anybody know how easy it is to post/ship items over there?

If it is easy, does it go on weight or size & what prices am i looking at?

Thanks for any info ;)

hello B)

Can anybody give me some advice or point me in the right direction? :huh:

I`ve got some items (flat but quite large) for sale on e-bay. Somebody from Hong Kong has emailed me asking if i could mail/ship the items over to China/Honk Kong.

I said i`d get back to him when i have more info.

Does anybody know how easy it is to post/ship items over there?

If it is easy, does it go on weight or size & what prices am i looking at?

Thanks for any info ;)

I quite often send stuff to Dillo in Japan. To send by Royal Mail you can send up to 2kg or 5kg if it is books. As a rough guide it costs £10/kg. I don't think there are any size restrictions within reason (something 2kg can only be so big I guess!)

If it is over that then it can go by Parcelforce. Here is a price calculator which should help you: http://www.pfwwsg.parcelforce.com/portal/p...ear=pricingcalc

I have also sent something next day delivery to Japan by UPS, which was slightly expensive but probably about the same as same-day delivery here.

Expensive Cletus-Its about volumetric weight these days-DHL calculator here.. Basically a small heavy package, like a lump of lead in a jiffy bag can be as expensive as a larger lighter item, like a pillow case full of, erm air.

As a guide we sent a guitar flight case to Malaysia today, approx dims were 100cm x 25cm x 20cm and it weighed 3 kilos. It cost me £84.

But shop around, I use a broker on anything non European for the best deal on the day.

Try Interlink, never really had any problems with them.

Cletus

I sell a fair bit overseas ( from Aus ) via E/bay and to be honest China/Hong Kong is a big no no for me. The postal system does not appear to cope with our language, if the postie cant read the address he takes a stab at it and in most cases its wrong.

If it does go wrong and they paid by Paypal then you can kiss your money goodbye.

My advice for what its worth is block him from bidding and move on.

For what it's worth I've sent loads of records sold on Ebay over to China (and Japan, Korea etc) - all sent via Royal Mail - never had a problem at all. And apart from one to Japan, I didn't send them signed for / insured either.

I don't know if I've just been lucky though and have had decent posties in bigger cities or something. and it might be completely different with bigger items than LP's.

I should be happy, but now i`m worried :unsure:

I`ve just sold the guy from Hong Kong two items that were going to be thrown out for £133 :tu:

He`s agreed to pay postage. I just have to pop down to staples tomorrow for a price quote.

I hope it all ends up nice & easy, with everybody happy......:unsure:

I know it's not Hong Kong but a few years back I sold a saxophone for £300 via ebay to a guy in Holland. I spent a bit extra on tracking etc and sent it with Parcelforce, no problem at all. It was actually cheaper to buy a return ticket with easyjet and delivery it myself but I decided that was excessive!

Wow! :o

I`ve gotten some quotes for airmail postage from the UK to Hong Kong (his preference) & it`s gonna cost him £190 to post items bought for £130.

Total madness in my view......but he says he`s happy with that.

Just awaiting payment now.

BTW.....i had another similar item to post to Milton Keynes. The post office refused to take it due to it being over 1.5m in length, so i`ve got DHL to take it.....costing £34.

A tad more than i was expecting :(

Err Cletus, you aren't mailing him the Mona Lisa are you? He seems a bit too eager for something you were about to throw out!!?!?

He`s not coughed up the dough yet, but it does seem that way :lol:

Maybe i`ve not done my homework & i`m letting a treasure go.

• 3 weeks later...

:unsure::unsure:

My attempts to become an international trader seem to have hit a stumbling block :(

I posted 2 items to Honk Kong on 10th August. My associate over in Hong Kong has messaged me to ask where the items are? :huh:

He`s not recieved the yet. Is this normal for them to take so long or should the bloke be giving it a bit more time before ringing the alarm bells???

I posted via parcelforce airmail.

I posted 2 items to Honk Kong on 10th August. My associate over in Hong Kong has messaged me to ask where the items are? :huh:

He`s not recieved the yet. Is this normal for them to take so long or should the bloke be giving it a bit more time before ringing the alarm bells???

I posted via parcelforce airmail.

Two weeks to HK does seem rather long but I sent a parcel to Luxembourg last year that took 11 weeks to arrive !

If you sent with Parcelforce airmail you should have a tracking number so you can trace the whereabouts of your parcel.

You could also tell your buyer to make inquiries at his local post office and sorting office.

2 weeks is a long time. Most of the stuff I sell and post worldwide is to the USA and its normally 5 days max. Check the tracking as previously told but also check how long before you don't get your delivery money back with the claim (i take it its insured).

My advice next time would be to use another company I generally use Parcelink and through them DHL and have not lost one item of value on its travels and the tracking is first rate the price is also a lot better.

I wouldn't count it as lost I've had parcels turn up back on my doorstep weeks after they where lost so you never know. But for me lost occurs on the last day of claiming all of my money back, if it comes back to you happy days sell it again.

The guy in Hong Kong has paid for both items & paid for their postage too. Ebay has held back half the payments, until they arrive.

What do i do? Do i refund him the money or sit tight & ask him to wait a bit longer? :huh:

I`ve never sold anything abroad before, so it`s all new to me.

If i do refund him the dosh, how will i know if he`s not already recieved the items or if they will eventually get to him? :huh:

Have you checked the tracking?? I assume you have it online.

You must go here first the parcelforce will tell you too and send you back home. Check that it should detail the items whole journey and whether it was signed for or not.

You have two choices you could pursue the claim or he could, for your feedback I suggest you do unless you really need the cash but you will have to force him and it all depends on your T & C's.

Royal mail have a deadline for the refund of the postal charges so as PF is the same company I assume they do too, but your insurance may cover it.

If you don't have tracking you may have to bite the bullet. But again you have insurance so can get it back that way.

Let me know the outcome (what tracking says) and I'll do my best to help.

Give it seven days from the day they say they have re-sent. If its still not there send a message saying you'd like your money back, but don't be specific just ask for a refund (better chance of getting postage back, if you paid any). Check his T & c's before you message him if they are fauge, as a lot are then you can ask for a full refund & postage as well. If its free P & P then its free and I would expect the full amount back, regardless.

Archived