BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tuncay Sunli

So, theres been talk on this board over the last few days from some members that Boro's Tuncay is the creative central player our midfield needs.

Now, i agree he is a quality player but I fail to see where he fits in in Sams 4-4-2 system.

Whenever ive seen him play hes been as a second striker or out wide in a 4-3-3 or winger on a 4-4-2.

Taken from Middlesborough official page -

"Tuncay can play on either wing, as a support striker or up front on his own."

Taken from Wikipedia -

"He plays either as striker or as an attacking midfielder and winger, and can play wide left or right."

So, for those saying he would be the signing they want. Where would he fit in?

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Good player, would be a good luxury to have but I don't think he's the sort of player we need. Couldn't really play CM in a 4 man midfield and don't think as a striking option he's any better than say Kalinic or McCarthy, I guess if we could offload Roberts it would be an option and it would certainly be handy for when Di Santo goes.

For now though I just don't see how he would be an automatic pick in the team and whatever budget we have needs to be spent on someone that can play in the heart of the midfield 40 odd times a season.

It's not that I don't rate him, as I said he is a good player but I'm still not sure of his best position, talented but don't think we can afford that sort of luxury in our current system unless we adapt it.

Its simple unless we change our system we don't need him. We need a passing central midfielder and Tuncay plays to far up the pitch for this role.

If you want a Tugay replacement Nuri Sahin, whats he doing these days?

EDIT: What on earth made people think we'd signed him?

Its simple unless we change our system we don't need him. We need a passing central midfielder and Tuncay plays to far up the pitch for this role.

If you want a Tugay replacement Nuri Sahin, whats he doing these days?

EDIT: What on earth made people think we'd signed him?

What with all the Warnock stuff going off, I for one would be expecting a replacement signing. Then there's the sudden appearance of a topic with the name of someone who isn't at Rovers. Plus the fact that Rovers are known for bringing in big signings under the radar.

2 + 2 = 5 and all that but raised the hopes momentarily.

Good player, would be a good luxury to have but I don't think he's the sort of player we need. Couldn't really play CM in a 4 man midfield and don't think as a striking option he's any better than say Kalinic or McCarthy, I guess if we could offload Roberts it would be an option and it would certainly be handy for when Di Santo goes.

Nail on head imo, have enough strikers as it is and cannot see him fitting in a 4-4-2 system.

I would like us to sign someone I have heard of for once. Attacking midfielder!

My post was in response to us having enough strikers with the emphasis on us replacing Di Santo.

I think Tuncay would be a good acquisition as a striker playing off a front two - or as a striker in a two. But I think we need a bit more creativity. Someone who can pick a pass and spray balls left and right. I'm not sure Tuncay is that man.

I can't believe Stoke have completed the the signing of Tuncay according to SSN! I thought he would go to a top 6 side, I wish we had gone for him.

Good player, but like a lot of other talented players, it's a matter of fitting him into your side.

Archived