BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ever Eaten A Tarantula?

I'm quite well known amongst my friends for wanting to try new / exotic foods. This Christmas I was given the chance to eat a Tarantula. It was quite interesting. I have also eaten: Ants, Crickets Locusts, Worms, Snails, Grub, Ostrich, Alligator, Shark, Springbok, Scorpions, Beetles and plenty more. What are the oddest things that you've eaten?

The video below is of me eating the Tarantula, for your viewing pleasure.

I've eaten cow shirt.

By accicident I may add.

Many years ago I had a job at Hawkshaw Farm near Mellor Brook. Shovelling wet cow shirt in hot summers day with my mouth open I accidentally caught a splash.

Sort of nutty as I recall.

Lovely!

I've eaten cow shirt.

By accicident I may add.

Many years ago I had a job at Hawkshaw Farm near Mellor Brook. Shovelling wet cow shirt in hot summers day with my mouth open I accidentally caught a splash.

Sort of nutty as I recall.

Lovely!

You win Colin!

When you think the posts supporting Andrews is strange, up steps Mr Frame with this.

I think tarantula is fantastic, only trumped by sewer rat.

Rat is on my upcoming list!

The support of Andrews is certainly stranger than my insect eating!

I have eaten many weird and wonderful things and i will try anything once!

The worst one for me personally was the crunching and swallowing of fish eyes from a freshly caught (5 minutes prior) Tilapia.

My list includes:

Ants

Worms

Snails

Grub

Ostrich

Alligator

Croc

Shark

Springbok

Scorpions

Beetles

Possam

Octopus

Fish eyes

Cows anus muscle

and plenty of others people may find weird such as haggis, oxtail and so on.

I'm quite well known amongst my friends for wanting to try new / exotic foods. This Christmas I was given the chance to eat a Tarantula. It was quite interesting. I have also eaten: Ants, Crickets Locusts, Worms, Snails, Grub, Ostrich, Alligator, Shark, Springbok, Scorpions, Beetles and plenty more. What are the oddest things that you've eaten?

The video below is of me eating the Tarantula, for your viewing pleasure.

Did you have to do that to get a meal for everybody else?

As far as really nasty stuff that I've eaten.... I've had some real horrors. Walls beef sausages, princess's beef paste, heck I once even had a BigMac for a dare!

But the bravest thing that I have ever done was eat a Hollands steak pudding just after the trial of that bloke who owned a kebab shop on Longsight Manchester and did the night shift at Hollands Pies and was convicted of killing his mother-in-law and sent down for life ..... They never found a trace of any of her body parts and all they convicted him on were the blood spatterings on his kitchen wall caused by him hacking her into small pieces! :o

A jar of pickled eggs in one night :blush:

Haha that is shocking! How you managed not to vomit is incredible!

Did you have to do that to get a meal for everybody else?

As far as really nasty stuff that I've eaten.... I've had some real horrors. Walls beef sausages, princess's beef paste, heck I once even had a BigMac for a dare!

But the bravest thing that I have ever done was eat a Hollands steak pudding just after the trial of that bloke who owned a kebab shop on Longsight Manchester and did the night shift at Hollands Pies and was convicted of killing his mother-in-law and sent down for life ..... They never found a trace of any of her body parts and all they convicted him on were the blood spatterings on his kitchen wall caused by him hacking her into small pieces! :o

Amazing post!

Is that based on fact or is it lifted from Sweeney Todd :unsure:

Many moons ago after drinking with Mick and Cooky we would dare each other to eat a park chippy kebab. 'Park Chippy' was at the top of 'Eanam' (?) it consisted of pitta bread with what they described as a kebab, looked like a turd really covered in big lumps of raw onion.

Indigestion guaranteed

I have eaten many weird and wonderful things and i will try anything once!

The worst one for me personally was the crunching and swallowing of fish eyes from a freshly caught (5 minutes prior) Tilapia.

My list includes:

Ants

Worms

Snails

Grub

Ostrich

Alligator

Croc

Shark

Springbok

Scorpions

Beetles

Possam

Octopus

Fish eyes

Cows anus muscle

and plenty of others people may find weird such as haggis, oxtail and so on.

Very impressed with that. I once tried a cake made of Black Pudding which was incredible. Where did you try possum?

Amazing post!

Is that based on fact or is it lifted from Sweeney Todd :unsure:

I haven't made it up BPF. Why would I? Here you go... http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/news/s/527037_body_cut_up_in_takeaway_then_dumped_inquest_hears

I did get wrong that the takeaway was not in Longsight it was in Accy.

Hollands kept a lid on this as best they could and their name is not included in this report but this chap was working shifts there at the time and also had a kebab shop in Accy with his brother.

From that report....

"Following the inquest DI Elston dismissed speculation that Mrs Begum's remains could have ended up in takeaway food or in pies."

I haven't made it up BPF. Why would I? Here you go... http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/news/s/527037_body_cut_up_in_takeaway_then_dumped_inquest_hears

Hollands kept a lid on this as best they could and their name is not included in this report but this chap was working shifts there at the time and also had a kebab shop in Manchester with his brother.

From that report....

"Following the inquest DI Elston dismissed speculation that Mrs Begum's remains could have ended up in takeaway food or in pies."

Is 'Pukka' pies a f***ing typo then ?

:lol::lol::lol:

I did get wrong that the takeaway was not in Longsight it was in Accy.

Hollands kept a lid on this as best they could and their name is not included in this report but this chap was working shifts there at the time and also had a kebab shop in Accy with his brother.

From that report....

Drog. That is both disgusting and incredible. Certainly the most daring delicacy!

Camel in Kazakhstan and Cujo (basically large Guinea Pig) in Peru. The camel was tough as anythng and nothing to write home about but the Cujo was pretty tasty :tu:

Also plenty of "mystery meat" in various far flung places in Russia where it is best not to ask what it really is....... :wacko:

Archived