BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Post-Hull Rovers Getaway

Bobby G

Ive heard from a few people, including Rob Mccafrey that Rovers are headed to Dubai after the Hull match cause we dont play for another 10 days I believe.

Anyone knows where we will stay and where we will train? Id love to see the team up close and have a chat.

Will JW be headed over too? I know he makes time for the fans who visit Ewood Park and even has a sit down in some cases, I would love to have the privilege to meet him here!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kamy100

As with previous regimes, players will be going off to Dubai for some warm weather training. I have no problems with this, the previous times we have done this it has had a positive effect.

I was living in Dubai when Rovers (under Souness) went out there in 2001. Souness really went out of his way to meet me, invited me to watch them train, talk to the players etc. Even took some pens at our ressie keeper at the time (Alan Miller I think) before meeting up with the players at the Dubai World Cup later that evening (Dunny had a pink linen suit on FFS). they trained at Al NaNasr that time but I imagine the place has changed quite a bit since back then.

Ive heard from a few people, including Rob Mccafrey that Rovers are headed to Dubai after the Hull match cause we dont play for another 10 days I believe.

Anyone knows where we will stay and where we will train? Id love to see the team up close and have a chat.

Will JW be headed over too? I know he makes time for the fans who visit Ewood Park and even has a sit down in some cases, I would love to have the privilege to meet him here!

Try sending an email to the club through the official website enquiry form. There is every chance JW or one of his team will get back to you.

Good luck with that and keep us informed of progress, it would be nice to hear something positive on this board rather than all the doom and gloom merchants!

All clubs do this type of thing, dont know why some fans think it should only happen if the team are winnning.

The trip north of the border seemed to ahve a positive effect last year, I see no reason why this break wont do the same.

:rover:

:rover: I MENTIONED THIS IN THE HULL THREAD,NEVER MIND PLAYING THE GAME ON A SATURDAY :angry: THAT WOULD HELP MORE FANS TO GET TO THE MATCH,WE WILL PLAY ON A WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT 8PM THEN SAUNTER OF ON A JOLLY :wacko::brfcsmilie:

it's not Rovers doing playing midweek, it's FA cup weekend, this tie has been on a Wednesday since the fixtures came out.

You wouldn't have gone if it was played in your back garden never mind on a Saturday!

The trip north of the border seemed to ahve a positive effect last year, I see no reason why this break wont do the same.

Yes that was the trip, team building with several high profile players refusing to go if memory serves me correctly.

I’m all for them getting away for a while, but everyone must go.

The squad travels on Thursday.

Sam on Friday.

Club were not helpful in giving any info on where theyll be staying or where theyll be training.

Im very disappointed indeed as there are fans such as myself who follow the team despite the distance and that it doesnt seem to be appreciated enough to divulge info so that we can meet them, but I see teams like Milan, Bayern, Inter, and so many of the biggest in the world here and all over the place, walking in the malls and having all their whereabouts known by locals here.

What do they think we would do? :s

I am a disappointed Rover tonite.

The squad travels on Thursday.

Sam on Friday.

Club were not helpful in giving any info on where theyll be staying or where theyll be training.

Im very disappointed indeed as there are fans such as myself who follow the team despite the distance and that it doesnt seem to be appreciated enough to divulge info so that we can meet them, but I see teams like Milan, Bayern, Inter, and so many of the biggest in the world here and all over the place, walking in the malls and having all their whereabouts known by locals here.

What do they think we would do? :s

I am a disappointed Rover tonite.

Are you seriously surprised that Rovers wont give out details of where they are staying, travel arrangements and times etc in the current climate? The world is full of nutters and security is of paramount importance to a high profile football team travelling anywhere let alone the Gulf region.

I was out in Dubai in October and whilst there went shooting at Jebal Ali Golf Resort. When leaving I wandered over to their football pitches and saw the New Zealand side training - I think they had a game with Bahrain coming up. I think there's a good chance this is where Rovers will be based...

Edit - Just had a look at the website (Click Here ) Rovers have used these facilities twice before - Pretty sure this is where they'll be again...

Good Luck!

Are you seriously surprised that Rovers wont give out details of where they are staying, travel arrangements and times etc in the current climate? The world is full of nutters and security is of paramount importance to a high profile football team travelling anywhere let alone the Gulf region.

Definiely surprised considering that "higher profile" teams dont seem to have problems in letting their whereabouts be known when in Dubai....

Archived