BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Frank Fielding Called Up For England!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still trying to get my head round this one.

Is this "gesture" politics by Capello making the point at the PL and FA about there being no English players coming through?

If so, he might as well go the whole hog and give Frankie ten minutes at Wembley tonight!

At club level you can pick any player you want, you can sign players that buy into your philosophy and get plenty of time day to day to work on their mentality. Years, seasons are allowed to do this, but at international level you get days, if you are lucky.

Capello brought the same approach to the camp he has always used without considering the subtle differences between the two very different roles. He also didn't consider the mentality of the players, which is very different in this country to the rest of the countries he has coached in and won things in. Don't forget his only experience of working with an English player is that of Beckham and he is far from the norm and is highly professional.

But he is a great club manager and having won something at every (????) club he has coached most definitly knows how to win. Regardless of how he kept his job you'll truly find out now how good he really is as he must now adapt in a big manner. It will be interesting to see over the next 2 years what he does and how he changes things as he certainly has the knowledge to do well at international level. Sometimes it takes a serious kick in the face for people to see the way forward.

Judge him after the next international competition, he's had his wake-up call.

can anyone who watched the game let me know why Phil Jones got subbed in the 46th minute?

Not due to injury I hope?

Not at all, there were plenty of subs, three at half time and a few more in the second half. The tackles were flying hard from the opposition and perhaps Sam had given instructions to only play Phil for 45 minutes in an U-21 game 3 days before the season opener.

Good luck to the lad! I'm not moaning but to represent your country means your the best in the country.I was so proud to represent GB it was because I'd earned by becoming national champ and proved my position as top dog. Cappello has lost the plot

• 8 months later...

Archived