BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

I can confirm that I drove past Sam Allardyce at 9.25am this morning as he was turning into Ewood Park. When I drove back past Ewood about thirty minutes later there were several stewards at the gates leading towards the Jack Walker stand and several big top of the range cars parked down behind the Blackburn end. Something was going on, dont know what though .

Interesting Jal.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shah is a multi-billionaire?

Good that you can talk with such confidence/positivity when you have never heard of any of these bidders or know their supposed wealth.

Hope your right.....

Shah isn't. The two who entered the race after him are.

JAL (who is one of the more critical posters about the take over) seeing the activity at Ewood this morning must point to the post about catering staff coming in being correct. Things are definitely happening this week but don't place your bet on an early result.

This morning was the regular monthly Board meeting which Sam attends.

Shah isn't. The two who entered the race after him are.

JAL (who is one of the more critical posters about the take over) seeing the activity at Ewood this morning must point to the post about catering staff coming in being correct. Things are definitely happening this week but don't place your bet on an early result.

This morning was the regular monthly Board meeting which Sam attends.

3 days hospitality staff.

day 1 board and trust meet.

day 2 bidders present plans to board and trust.

day 3 board and trust decide.

day 4 news given out.

is this to simple.

If the bidders are only presenting now, then i think the takeover will be completed on 15th October 20Never

I don't know if three days for three bidders is the right conclusion to draw or not- it seems to make sense. As of Sunday night, one bidder was definitely not in the UK, one could well have been in the UK and one could have been anywhere.

After going through all the massive paperwork I would call each of the bidders in to make a personal pitch presenting their personal visions for the club and have the chance to be quizzed. That would be a normal procedure in circumstances like this. The seller clearly needs to have reassurances about the club going forwards and receiving presentations would be another piece of evidence.

But no way would more than one presentation be scheduled each day. I'd want breathing space for reflection and supplementary questions and it would also be deeply disrepectful to usher someone out who had flown thousands of miles and put so much into this bidding process because the next guy was waiting.

I doubt you will hear anything from the club until a definitive decision is made and that decision has been cleared for ownership by all parties. (PL)

I also get the impression that BRFC have told all bidders, no PR releases as to the position of their bid or plans, after Syed and Shah talking to the world.

As the new catch phrase suggests, business as usual at Ewood.

Right now, my best guess is nobody knows which way it will go for certain- and that includes the bidders, the Trustees and Rothschilds.

The best thing we can all do for the future of the club is to take the pressure off for making an early decision. It is the quality of the decision that matters, not the speed of making it.

I doubt you will hear anything from the club until a definitive decision is made and that decision has been cleared for ownership by all parties. (PL)

I also get the impression that BRFC have told all bidders, no PR releases as to the position of their bid or plans, after Syed and Shah talking to the world.

As the new catch phrase suggests, business as usual at Ewood.

Yeah, can you imagine the kind of posts we'd get on here of if the club announces that the takeover is going to happen and then it falls down at the last minute! Best wait until all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed.

Jal's post will be accurate. Something is going on at Ewood today and will be all week. Hopefully we'll understand more as to what that is, later in the week.

Right now, my best guess is nobody knows which way it will go for certain- and that includes the bidders, the Trustees and Rothschilds.

The best thing we can all do for the future of the club is to take the pressure off for making an early decision. It is the quality of the decision that matters, not the speed of making it.

+100 to that Philip.

If the Trustees knew what the outcome was at this point, then so would we.

No decision has been made yet, but all the power is held by the club, remember that.

mmm. Dont exactly agree with you there BPF. Without fans, there is no club and that is even more so with a 'town' club the Rovers.

We have no season ticket waiting list, world wide brand, major commercial deals just Sky money and a small focussed fan based income.

mmm. Dont exactly agree with you there BPF. Without fans, there is no club and that is even more so with a 'town' club the Rovers.

We have no season ticket waiting list, world wide brand, major commercial deals just Sky money and a small focussed fan based income.

Sorry, that's not what I was talking about.

What I was referring to was that Blackburn Rovers are not begging anybody to buy them, it is buyers that are trying to convince them that their offer is the best...

bit by bit the pieces are falling in place. 3 days of talks with all partys. if all goes well then announce decision on friday 15th.

That's a very simplistic view I'm afraid.

Not impossible but as I have previously said, very unlikely.

The Reebok is very popular for meetings and central for business types.

I don't think there is any likelihood of a buy at Bolton. The owner seems happy to put his cash in - and get some back in return.

Sorry to go off topic here, but it's vaguely relevant since we're on the related topic of how an owner can make money from a club. How on earth is he getting money back? Since 2006/07 they've spent £15.5 million more on transfers than they've recouped. I can't see how their turnover is much, if at all, higher than ours once prize money has been factored in. Granted their wages to turnover ratio could be smaller, but given the fees spent on a lot of these players I find it hard to believe they're on small wages.

bit by bit the pieces are falling in place. 3 days of talks with all partys. if all goes well then announce decision on friday 15th.

Don't think it will be that simple. A decision by this Friday is very very unlikely unless one of the two multi-billionaires rights a blank cheque to commit to all Jack's covenants on behalf of the Trust... and that's unlikely to happen.

This has all got more complicated, not less.

The Liverpool saga is much much more messy where they now have three bids in. Dan Roan tweets- seems lfc have until nov 1 to do deal with nesv - if rbs decide not to put club into admin'ion - judge says resolution this week "ambitious", and true complexity of this case now clear - 5 qc's have now spoken - for rbs, h&g, lfc, Broughton, and nesv

Andy Cryer tweet- Rovers can learn a lot from the farce going on at LIverpool. Foreign ownership not always guarantee of success

i disagree the trust have been looking to sell us for a long time and i do not believe if we are not sold that they will delve into their pockets and provide sam with money to spend.make no mistake it is essential we get taken over before january.it just feels like the mystery bidder was made up just like the mystery striker which rovers never intended to sign it was to appease the fans but we ended up with benjani.this has dragged on long enough,the club should make a brief statement outlining whether any progress has been made.im surprised no one has leaked any info to the press.i know patience is required and negotiations take a long time but it's been a long time.

Archived