BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

kelbo have you heard from your Bbrockhall mates today.

Nothing, they either dont know anything or they have been told to keep quiet, just say there is something happening but either dont know or wont say what, its frustrating really but I have nothing to add, sorry.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sparky Marky,

You were one of the worst culprits for belittling and undermining Kamy and now you're at it again with BPF..

You're just a mean-spirited WUM who can't bear to think that anyone might be more in the know than you,which, to be frank,isn't difficult as you never have anything of substance to say..

simple question for them in know / are we any closer to being sold then we were last friday.

That is a tough question to answer.

We are privileged to be in a position that involves several parties trying to buy the club.

It is up to the Trustees how long this takes.

That is a tough question to answer.

We are privileged to be in a position that involves several parties trying to buy the club.

It is up to the Trustees how long this takes.

are you gordon brown in disguise. simple question simple answer please yes or no.

I'm glad to see that your comprehension is comparable to your levels of literacy.

Philip has just summed the situation up perfectly.

we cant all be clever with words but can see when we are being spun one. phil seems a nice bloke but think you are full of yourself.

Im the only knob around here, if you guys want to have a go, have a go at me. But please leave the other guys alone, as its quite exciting and fun hearing that there might be movement. Whether it happens or not, it doesnt matter, as it keeps things interesting. Im counting down the days to the 15th :)

Or have a go at me, everyone loves picking on an American for sport. Even Americans.

My sources say we're fooked, but we're fooked with an impending offer of riches and wealth to waste.

My sources also don't exist. or do they?

Are the voices in my head considered sources?

its quite exciting and fun hearing that there might be movement. Whether it happens or not, it doesnt matter, as it keeps things interesting. Im counting down the days to the 15th :)

agree its exciting. just feels like bpf has left us dangling a bit after this mornings news about hospitality. no smoke without fire.

Sorry Icers, but I don't think this Friday is a runner now.

There are a lot of indications that far from going from 2 front runners to 1 winner, we are now up to 3 front runners- WGA, mystery man and Saurin Shah. The Sunday Times was bonkers to suggest Shah had won but they certainly found from somewhere that he is no longer parked waiting for the other two.

I have no idea what has brought about this change.

But this is another example of us looking from the outside and seeing little snippets and trying to guess what it means.

My guess is the smooth process envisaged ten days ago when 15th looked like a sensible target has been transformed by the bidders introducing new factors, whatever they might be, good or bad.

The Trust for its part has clearly taken a good look at the current situation and seems to have done a "what if" on not selling. That has injected some stability into the planning for the management who are trying to run the football club so it has achieved a major objective. Again I have no idea whether some variant on not selling is a real runner or was simply a way of staking stock and looking at the three front running bids afresh.

Not posted for a while as vowed to keep quiet until something actually happened, however feel need to post...

I don't know anyone connected to what is going on. My own view of having audited companies set up as Trusts for wealthy individuals (not BRFC by the way) is that there is usually a book full of clauses and convenants to be reviewed/followed even during their normal operating activities, never mind when they are being bought/sold/expanded/shut down. These are usually not clear black/white clauses and are open to interpretation by other associated parties. Lawyers love them! In Rovers case the Trust is controlled by a number of people so even more complicated. IMO having picked up the relevant bits of "news" as posted on here we have a couple of bids at the advanced stage and the Trust is struggling to make up its mind what to do. It has now set up a Plan B in case no sale occurs - I have to say about time.

I really thought a sale was imminent a month or so ago. Not so sure now. Just want the best for Rovers and happy to back whatever decision is made as long as it is made for the right reasons. Would be nice to have some financial muscle in the transfer market again, but I would also like to have a team to support in 5 years time that is not in danger of going bust. I think that sums up the Trust dilema at the moment.

There are a lot of indications that far from going from 2 front runners to 1 winner, we are now up to 3 front runners- WGA, mystery man and Saurin Shah. The Sunday Times was bonkers to suggest Shah had won but they certainly found from somewhere that he is no longer parked waiting for the other two.

But this is another example of us looking from the outside and seeing little snippets and trying to guess what it means.

My guess is the smooth process envisaged ten days ago when 15th looked like a sensible target has been transformed by the bidders introducing new factors, whatever they might be, good or bad.

The Trust for its part has clearly taken a good look at the current situation and seems to have done a "what if" on not selling. That has injected some stability into the planning for the management who are trying to run the football club so it has achieved a major objective. Again I have no idea whether some variant on not selling is a real runner or was simply a way of staking stock and looking at the three front running bids afresh.

I wasnt expecting anything to happen on Friday Philip. Think too much people are hoping, that something happens.

very interest news is that Philipl. Just think we've got to wait and let JW, Rovers board, trustees and rothschilds to choose the right the person or group for the club. but i do think that we are close to having a new owner. I reckon within a month. in time for Big sam to scout players he wants for January and buy the ones he wants.

if shah is a real runner now will he have done that due diligence thing. if 15th was a target any idea what the new target is. cheers

Ali Syed we know has done DD, mystery man has had time since the end of exclusivity to have finished his DD but by definition- he's a mystery! Shah has not done DD but I believe has submitted a complete detailed proposal to buy subject to DD.

With two DDs already completed, it would be surprising if Shah's lawyers asked any questions the other two had not already asked so if he comes through, his DD will be relatively quick- a week or so.

Ali Syed we know has done DD, mystery man has had time since the end of exclusivity to have finished his DD but by definition- he's a mystery! Shah has not done DD but I believe has submitted a complete detailed proposal to buy subject to DD lodged.

Thanks for info Philipl. very much welcome!!!

Indians only make money by paying peanuts to its employees, so with Rovers being the opposite way round, how on earth can anyone think an Indian national would be a good thing for Rovers. They would be in for a culture shock and then the real problems would begin.

Archived