BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

to be fair 47er, Paul in some aspects are correct. The game has changed so much, that its more about who has more money. Its no longer about the football, its now which club can maintain their PL status, not by avoiding relegation, but by avoiding unecessary debt. There doesn’t have to be a drastic overhaul, but a line has to be drawn somewhere, to avoid further chaos, and the mess that some clubs find themselves in. The game has drifted away from being about football, and has now become about growing and increasing peoples bank balances.

Well those are the points from Paul that I absolutely agree with and so does everyone else. We all wish the Premier League had developed in a different way than it has but you're never going to convince the moneyed clubs of that. Its a microcosm of British society-------dog eat dog, look after yourself, all that counts is money etc etc. But what's the point of moaning about over and over again which has become a feature of this thread?

Until and unless things change we have to ensure our club makes it through to whatever comes next so embrace a takeover as the ONLY solution. And stop moaning about things you can't change.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicko's writings on this particular subject should not to be treated as gospel. OK I probably get more window dressing from inside than he does but the transfer process was not consciously stopped last summer and Popov did not go for peanuts and get paid in Turkish Delight at the club he went to.

I am pretty certain we missed out on a player with that one (and others) but this summer was a "###### happens" window in addition to being careful with the cash.

To be honest, I am more concerned about the availability of good players willing to come to Rovers than I am of the money in the January window.

"the transfer process was not consciously stopped last summer". Really? It wasn't stopped but there was no money and we didn't sign anybody! Really Philip you are ridiculous at times

.And what's Nicko got to do with it?

Well those are the points from Paul that I absolutely agree with and so does everyone else. We all wish the Premier League had developed in a different way than it has but you're never going to convince the moneyed clubs of that. Its a microcosm of British society-------dog eat dog, look after yourself, all that counts is money etc etc. But what's the point of moaning about over and over again which has become a feature of this thread?

Until and unless things change we have to ensure our club makes it through to whatever comes next so embrace a takeover as the ONLY solution. And stop moaning about things you can't change.

I am not having a go at you, personally, but this posts encapsulates the whole problem.

Firstly I have not moaned about it over and over. My contributions to this thread, esepcially in recent weeks when it has deteriorated into slanging matches, have been relatively few. I have tried to bring a view, argued in a sensible fashion. It is a view long standing members of this board know I have held for many years.

To "stop moaning about things you can't change" (aside from the fact I'm not moaning) is utterly defeatist. It is an attitude which allows change which may not be good for society, and I'm not getting all philosphical here, or elemants of society. If people did not speak out against what they believe to be wrong we would be living in a very different world. Those who wish to simply accept what is offered to them are welcome to do so, thankfully there are people who are prepared to express alternative opinions.

As regards the football club we have to have faith in the trust to take the right decision, this is what they are charged with. If they believe a sale is right it will happen, if they believe it endangers Rovers the club will not be sold. I simply wait to see the conclusion they reach, either result will suit me. I think I know which way it's going to go.

I am not having a go at you, personally, but this posts encapsulates the whole problem.

Firstly I have not moaned about it over and over. My contributions to this thread, esepcially in recent weeks when it has deteriorated into slanging matches, have been relatively few. I have tried to bring a view, argued in a sensible fashion. It is a view long standing members of this board know I have held for many years.

To "stop moaning about things you can't change" (aside from the fact I'm not moaning) is utterly defeatist. It is an attitude which allows change which may not be good for society, and I'm not getting all philosphical here, or elemants of society. If people did not speak out against what they believe to be wrong we would be living in a very different world. Those who wish to simply accept what is offered to them are welcome to do so, thankfully there are people who are prepared to express alternative opinions.

As regards the football club we have to have faith in the trust to take the right decision, this is what they are charged with. If they believe a sale is right it will happen, if they believe it endangers Rovers the club will not be sold. I simply wait to see the conclusion they reach, either result will suit me. I think I know which way it's going to go.

My thoughts exactly as well.

I want the club to move forward, but not at any expense.

Until the trust decide that the buyer will take the club in the direction that they (the Trust and ultimately Jack's wishes) feel is the right way, then nothing happens.

That will be fine with me.

I have (cautious) optimism.

My thoughts exactly as well.

I want the club to move forward, but not at any expense.

Until the trust decide that the buyer will take the club in the direction that they (the Trust and ultimately Jack's wishes) feel is the right way, then nothing happens.

That will be fine with me.

I have (cautious) optimism.

We can all agree on that, in fact I've said it often (too often!)

Just a little bit of news...

Could be relevant, might not be...

The hospitality staff at Ewood Park have been called into work for three days this week without reason given. This is apparently out of the blue and very uncommon.

The hospitality staff at Ewood Park have been called into work for three days this week without reason given. This is apparently out of the blue and very uncommon.

Interesting, but could be something as dull as health and safety training. Make sure you bend them knees when lifting that box bla bla bla. Lets hope that it's something more substantial though and we will have an announcement on new (preying) good owners soon.

Sweet, after 3 days training I might actually get served within half-time.

I posted last week that a contact at Brockhall told be something was about to happen but didnt know just what as the club are very 'hush hush' - I wonder if this could be the time things will be revealed?

Do you have an idea of which days BPF and is Friday 15th one of them??? ;)

David Dunn's back in training?

Could be, although training is usually organised well in advance and not kept secret from employees.

Yes and from my information, training days are planned well in advance so as to prevent key staff being on holiday on those days.

could be of course a company has hired Ewood for a three day seminar!

Yes and from my information, training days are planned well in advance so as to prevent key staff being on holiday on those days.

could be of course a company has hired Ewood for a three day seminar!

Very possible.

When I know what happened, I'll let you know.

i'm confused as things are near then they arent then they might be.

question for those with the knowledge / will there be a time when the trust decide not to sell and are we near to that time.

I posted last week that a contact at Brockhall told be something was about to happen but didnt know just what as the club are very 'hush hush' - I wonder if this could be the time things will be revealed?

Do you have an idea of which days BPF and is Friday 15th one of them??? ;)

just in time for sunderland game and sky tv.

Then 47er, you must, to a great extent, agree with what Paul is writing.

All the stuff about the current state of the Premier League of course. I take it for granted that everyone disapproves and retains some nostalgia for how things used to be.

Its just not relevant to a takeover thread. Anyway I think Paul was at last saying what I've been saying all along--------yes to a takeover the Trust approves.

The statement of the board releasing funds for the transfer window in January is the biggest signal yet that the club will be sold.

I can smell bull$h!t miles away.

Where has this 'statement' come from? Is it just a bit of speculation from Nicko?

I'll believe it when I see it. From where I see it the trustees don't give a s--t what happens to the club so long as they don't have to fork out any money.

All the stuff about the current state of the Premier League of course. I take it for granted that everyone disapproves and retains some nostalgia for how things used to be.

Its just not relevant to a takeover thread. Anyway I think Paul was at last saying what I've been saying all along--------yes to a takeover the Trust approves.

I said weeks ago I was happy to go with the Trust on this. If you feel the indebtedness of some of the world's greatest clubs, when it is totally unnecessary, is irrelevant to the proposed sale of Blackburn Rovers then I'm happy to respect that view, though I cannot agree with it.

I said weeks ago I was happy to go with the Trust on this. If you feel the indebtedness of some of the world's greatest clubs, when it is totally unnecessary, is irrelevant to the proposed sale of Blackburn Rovers then I'm happy to respect that view, though I cannot agree with it.

I think we're in danger of dominating the board so I won't say anymore. Lets both await a new future with optimism and confidence.

Archived