BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

then why not tell us. lots of us are pizzed off about people saying they know whats going on but cant say. whats special about you.

There are certain people on this messageboard such as BPF, Kamy100 and Philipl who seem to know a heck of a lot more than you or I ; probably because of the nature of their work.

There are times when information cannot be released and must be kept under wraps for good reasons that we know nothing about. The secrecy benefits the Rovers. Let's just accept that and patiently await the outcome.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are certain people on this messageboard such as BPF, Kamy100 and Philipl who seem to know a heck of a lot more than you or I ; probably because of the nature of their work.

There are times when information cannot be released and must be kept under wraps for good reasons that we know nothing about. The secrecy benefits the Rovers. Let's just accept that and patiently await the outcome.

OK but some <not all> are like school kids i know but i cant tell you. whytf dont they just keep schtumm.

I can't believe some people on here. The people who know things can't win if they tell us something we want to know more, or they are making it up. If they don't tell us anything they get slated for keeping quiet.IMO they are telling us as much as they can, if they tell us any more they are betraying the trust of their contacts, and jobs or business may be lost. Have faith in them.

Thank you for the info you give us.

I can't believe some people on here. The people who know things can't win if they tell us something we want to know more, or they are making it up. If they don't tell us anything they get slated for keeping quiet.IMO they are telling us as much as they can, if they tell us any more they are betraying the trust of their contacts, and jobs or business may be lost. Have faith in them.

Exactly right.

And your alternative suggestion is?

Oh! a Tardis would be good..............back to the pre-Sky days so that we could try again. Failing that, we either jump in the trough or wait for the whole bloated empire to come crashing down - but don't hold your breath for that last one.

The Knowers: " "

Pessimists: It's too quiet something must be wrong!

Optimists: No news is good news!

Impatients: This lack of news is doing my head in. Does anyone know anything? Even speculation?

School kids: Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet?

Speculators: We'll be taken over by Shah/Sayed/Aussies/Mysterions in the next few days/weeks/months - it's a dead cert!

Frustrated: You don't know anything!

Very frustrated: Peace off out of it! You WUM!

Optimists: Keep the faith. The Knowers know what they know, you know.

Pessimists: They don't know.

Impatients: This isn't helping!

School kids: Are we nearly there yet?

Masochists: This is great fun. See you all tomorrow for more debate!

The Knowers: " "

Oh! a Tardis would be good..............back to the pre-Sky days so that we could try again. Failing that, we either jump in the trough or wait for the whole bloated empire to come crashing down - but don't hold your breath for that last one.

Bet you were a left-winger in your day!

The problem is that not a single poster actually has a clue what is going on. The only one that did is not available at the moment.

People get frustrated when posters (for reasons beyond belief) profess an operational knowledge of a multi-million pound takeover, were secrecy clauses are a must. It is highly improbable that posters on an internet messageboard will be contacted with updates.

Again, I don’t think anyone has an issue with people speculating and presenting their thoughts as speculation. What people do take umbrage with, is when people present their opinions as a “matter of fact”, when in all likelihood they have googled the information from the net

The problem is that not a single poster actually has a clue what is going on. The only one that did is not available at the moment.

People get frustrated when posters (for reasons beyond belief) profess an operational knowledge of a multi-million pound takeover, were secrecy clauses are a must. It is highly improbable that posters on an internet messageboard will be contacted with updates.

Again, I don’t think anyone has an issue with people speculating and presenting their thoughts as speculation. What people do take umbrage with, is when people present their opinions as a “matter of fact”, when in all likelihood they have googled the information from the net

I think you are incorrect here, at least two, maybe three have a pretty good idea as to where we are regarding the takeover, I have some contacts at Brockhall and apart from the fact they know something is about to happen, know little else, the club are playing this very close to their chests and I think we may understand why when the takeover is complete.

I think you are incorrect here, at least two, maybe three have a pretty good idea as to where we are regarding the takeover, I have some contacts at Brockhall and apart from the fact they know something is about to happen, know little else, the club are playing this very close to their chests and I think we may understand why when the takeover is complete.

I have yet to see anything posted on here (excluding Kamy’s posts) that would backup such claims. I have seen plenty of poster speculation presented as fact

One would imagine that due to the legal implications of the deal that even “sources at Broackhall “ wouldn’t know what was going on with the deal. I seriously doubt that posters on an internet forum, have a hotline to Williams, Finn and the Trust.

Not seen the paper yet - and there doesn't seem to be a link...maybe some people don't think it's important enough.

So.

The latest I have is that the manager believes there will be funds for January, but that the cash will come from the current owners.

There seems to be a deadline on potential takeovers and if this does not happen the funds that were frozen in the last window will be defrosted.

This is quite a new development, suggesting that there is some common sense around.

Remember that the supposed budget was hardly touched in the last window, with that decision meaning the debt was lower and the club 'sexier' for buyers.

You can't go into another window like that, so I think a line will be drawn under all takeover moves very shortly.

I also hear - from the circuit - that the Premier League have had no direct approach to vet any possible buyers and that the word is 'nothing is close.'

This limbo can't go on.

I think the only people who would know what is going on at the club are John Williams, David Brown, Tom Finn, Martin Goodman, Richard Matthewman and Robert Coar. Who are all Directors of the club. Also the Walker's Trustees and Rothschilds. Can't see any of them saying everything of much tbh because of NDA agreement that would be in place. Most Business deals are done in private and not in public. There is no way that rovers are going to give us a running commentary on what's going on. We have to trust them to do the right deal for the club and the supporters. John Williams has always been very honest with the fans and deserve alot of credit for doing so.

My own view is that we are close to a deal being in place. Mr Syed Ali has gone very quiet since making his public interest back in August. The mystery buyer has been silent and not saying anything and we don't even know who he is. Mr Shah is waiting and seeing what happens with the first 2.

I have yet to see anything posted on here (excluding Kamy’s posts) that would backup such claims. I have seen plenty of poster speculation presented as fact

One would imagine that due to the legal implications of the deal that even “sources at Broackhall “ wouldn’t know what was going on with the deal. I seriously doubt that posters on an internet forum, have a hotline to Williams, Finn and the Trust.

In fairness there are probably a number of sources that have some knowledge of the process underway (lawyers, accountants, the Walker family, pr companies etc) but as you say, due to the NDA the info they might provide probably won't be much more than a nod or a wink.

Not seen the paper yet - and there doesn't seem to be a link...maybe some people don't think it's important enough.

So.

The latest I have is that the manager believes there will be funds for January, but that the cash will come from the current owners.

There seems to be a deadline on potential takeovers and if this does not happen the funds that were frozen in the last window will be defrosted.

This is quite a new development, suggesting that there is some common sense around.

Remember that the supposed budget was hardly touched in the last window, with that decision meaning the debt was lower and the club 'sexier' for buyers.

You can't go into another window like that, so I think a line will be drawn under all takeover moves very shortly.

I also hear - from the circuit - that the Premier League have had no direct approach to vet any possible buyers and that the word is 'nothing is close.'

This limbo can't go on.

The take I get from your comment, Nicko, is that we are further away from a takeover than LFC, despite the length of time that we've been on the market.

Never mind Bazza.

Nicko has just posted the reason why I wrote staying with the Trust is viable.

However, no doubt the cynical will say this leak is the clearest sign yet that the sale process continues on track.

So.

This limbo can't go on.

Very interest news is that Nicko. At least the current owners realise that we need some money to spend in January. Wonder when the dealline is? Middle of December?

Never mind Bazza.

Nicko has just posted the reason why I wrote staying with the Trust is viable.

However, no doubt the cynical will say this leak is the clearest sign yet that the sale process continues on track.

Hang on a mo! I thought you previously said you were 99% certain that the club would be sold. You've been telling us its been all action under the surface for weeks and that things were moving really quickly. Time to jump?

Nicko's story is correct. The owners have said that money will be available in January providing that nothing happens, however I also know that this has been deemed 'unlikely'.

Also it is difficult to approach the Premier League about a new owner when you haven't decided who to sell it to....

Archived