BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Daily Telegraph recycle the Bahrain closure story about WGA And Goldberg pipes up again claiming the credit on his Facebook page.

Timing very odd.

Story very anodyne.

The article is from the 2 october. Also wish Goldberg would shut the hell up. I would be surprise if his show had more than 5 listeners tbh. He talk absolute rubbish typical the bbc tbh. nobody cares about what you think Goldberg!!! G

Chaddy, the LET have once again proved they have nothing of worth on this.

I'm going to post this because it doesn't add up to what I have been told already.

This one comes direct from Ewood Park but noone that sits in on the meetings....

I've just been told that the mystery group have been talking with the club for a while and their finances are all in order.

However, they are SUBSTANTIALLY less cash than Ali. The trustees are desperately trying to iron things out with Ali before moving onto other options.

To me this story sounds like the 'mystery' buyers have been confused with Shah..

I'm sure what you have written is not what you are meaning.

Tax CAN be avoided legitimately and legally.

Quite right Dave - "can't" was a typo, it wont let me edit it now.

Of course, I meant it CAN be avoided. I know this, because I do it, just like millions of others - Jack was one of them as someone else pertinently pointed out.

Not really the same thing as eventually a pension has to be taken as an income. Pension contributions are tax free, when it come to crystalise a pension then at that point it is taxable, so it is a defferred tax to aavoid it being deducted twice.

What if your salary was £110k per annum? You put £10,001 into your pension, thus avoiding the 50% tax rate. You would never be charged this unless your pension worked out at over £100k pa.

Legal tax avoidance.

It's also a very good point about Jack. He is our non-dom, very Tory party (jim will be happy).

Back on topic. I'm finding this whole process very frustrating (probably why I talking about tax avoidance instead). I don't know what to believe anymore. I'm very interested as to why Syed's bid has faltered, does anyone have any inside info on this?

I'm going to post this because it doesn't add up to what I have been told already.

This one comes direct from Ewood Park but noone that sits in on the meetings....

I've just been told that the mystery group have been talking with the club for a while and their finances are all in order.

However, they are SUBSTANTIALLY less cash than Ali. The trustees are desperately trying to iron things out with Ali before moving onto other options.

To me this story sounds like the 'mystery' buyers have been confused with Shah..

The fact still remains that we only know of two bidders, Shah and Syed, we also know that two other bids (mystery) have been linked via the press, Nicko;s Indians and the NOTW Oz trio.

As little is known about the mystery bidder you refer to, we could equally be in the dark as to the number of mystery bidders, some posters seem to think that there are four at the races.

BPF, is your understanding based upon Ali being worth £1billion or his claimed £8billion - a huge difference and therefore difference in 'understanding'.

I think the 'mystery' bidder has wealth well in excess of £1billion (probably in the £billions).

The devil, as always, is in the detail!

I think there's no shortage of cash on the table at the present moment. The key question though is, well do we want to accept it? Much of the debate on here has been about peoples backgrounds, sources of money etc.. My question was, do we care?

If we care then I agree with your statement and we should stop carping on about having no money to spend, as that would have been our choice, there are no white knights out there. If we don't care then why focus on the Goldberg stuff for example.

I suspect the answers all begin with "it depends" so I was interested in what we think it depends on. Volume of wealth? Is a dirty fortune of £1 any less dirty that a dirty fortune of £1Bn? It doesn't matter if we 'only' want £5M per season. The definition of 'dirty'? Seems some are distinguishing between tax evasion and say drug activity.

I'm sure we all have interesting views but eventually some choice will have to be made and the choices are always going to be in shades of grey (if I am correct in my understanding as to the bidders identities).

Is the 'dirty background' of messy flats, CCJs etc sufficient to 'can' Ali Syed or is it more the fear of the unknown re the sources of his wealth? Whatever the answer should we even care?

We can and do pontificate endlessly on here but if it is true that JW reads this stuff how should we advise him? What will the fans live with? Best to say up front rather than take to the streets LFC style after the event.

Excellent question.

I am not that fussed about a CCJ other than it points to disorganisation and perhaps a touch of dishonesty. The photos of the "untidy" flat were such obvious fakes as to be ridiculous.

I am not fussed by the Bahrain thing other than the words that went into the annual report were very fluffy and got him into trouble for doing something it looks like he hasn't done- using WGA for managing funds other than his own.

I trust Rothschilds and the Trust to ask the right questions and read the blogosphere so they ask questions they might not have thought of in the first place.

By this stage, Ali Syed and WGA has to have a huge amount of proven substance for him to still be one of two front runners in the race (the race is WGA v Mystery man, an "acceptable" lesser bid parked, a different sort of bid parked and perhaps another wannabe bidder suddenly dashing around like crazy).

My worry is not so much about the source of funds as how good is Ali Syed at being able to deliver on what says he will- these vignettes which have emerged point to binding him on his undertakings being the crunch issue if he is the new owner.

Answering TJ's question directly, sadly ethics are relative and show me any massively rich individual who doesn't have a skeleton or two. I'd go so far to say that Abramovich's need to keep his name clean in London because of the murky questions about his past has made him a BETTER owner of Chelsea than if he'd been snow white.

BPF - You have lost me - at 5.15pm you mention ironing out then your last post says there is no ironing out to be done? The first post was not a quotation so can you explain your position please. Is the iron on or off? Thanks

Spider Muncher, love it.

The information I heard might have had some truth to it but the part about the club being desperate to 'iron out' problem with Ali is false.

No problems with any of the bidders at the moment.

This is all up to the Trustees now.

read all this and not sure where we are. can someone please sum up for me as i havent a clue whats bleedin going on like are we still for sale and if we are whos the likely buyer.

Rovers almost certain to be sold, and soon, to most probably Syed or the 'mystery man'.

Archived