BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

Be very, very careful in what you wish for, if this happens to Rovers we are dead and buried:

Anfield deal may collapse if nine points are deducted it will be really interesting to see if the PL have the balls to deduct nine points from Liverpool if they go into administration

The fall and fall of Liverpool Football Club

Gill says Utd are healthy despite record loss in five years Utd have spent £583 million on interest, bank fees and other charges. You're having a laugh guys

United fail to learn the lesson

Please, please will someone give us some debt, foreign takeovers, my arse. These reports are an appalling indictment of the Premier League, its management, the management of the clubs involved and all who have persued money and forgotten about football. It makes me very, very angry.

It's going to be fascinating to see what RBS do if the court case fails......with the wrong decision they may as well close all the branches on Merseyside.

Excellent post Paul.

Thank goodness for the excellent Trust and the provisions that prevent them from selling the Rovers into debt.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent post Paul.

Thank goodness for the excellent Trust and the provisions that prevent them from selling the Rovers into debt.

philip - since he emerged on the scene, you have talked particularly highly of Syed and generally his bid to buy the club - would you like to share some of your thoughts on him?

Clearly, from your comments, you would like to see him as our new owner.

The Ponpey demise is something we as a club should be wary of throughout this period.

LFC and possibly United are totally different beasts and as someone that has watched such clubs suck the life out of the game in this country, I for one am enjoying the tables being turned immensley.

philip - since he emerged on the scene, you have talked particularly highly of Syed and generally his bid to buy the club - would you like to share some of your thoughts on him?

Clearly, from your comments, you would like to see him as our new owner.

The perception I have favoured Ali Syed is a nicko-ism.

I am simply going by what he has said in public:

- £300m going in with no expectation of getting it back

- 15 year plan with the investment spread

- aggressive marketing plan by a man with a proven football marketing track record for "unpopular" clubs to raise revenues on the back of a higher profile and exploiting under-exploited markets.

What is there not to like about that proposition especially if as I have explained previously, £300m represents about 200 days interest on the money he claims to have and so can be regarded as credible?

Over to the Trust and Rothschilds to construct an agreement which binds WGA Sports AG to Ali Syed's words but the indications publicly are that he is happy to be bound to his words.

Time and again, I have said I know nothing of the mystery man's bid so I cannot comment on it. But clearly if there are no doubts about Ali Syed (that is the big question only the Trust and Rothschilds know the answer to) then mystery man's bid is going to have to be spectacular to beat it.

Conversely, if there is something ruling WGA and Ali Syed out then an all up punt of something over £100m which is the Shah bid apparently is what mystery man has to beat.

I am in a rare position, I can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that if all negotiations and clearances are concluded successfully then the takeover will go through on...... a day ending in 'y'.

As much as we're all dying for the club to be financially competitive again we'll just have to be patient. Which is agony!

Be very, very careful in what you wish for, if this happens to Rovers we are dead and buried:

Anfield deal may collapse if nine points are deducted it will be really interesting to see if the PL have the balls to deduct nine points from Liverpool if they go into administration

The fall and fall of Liverpool Football Club

Gill says Utd are healthy despite record loss in five years Utd have spent £583 million on interest, bank fees and other charges. You're having a laugh guys

United fail to learn the lesson

Please, please will someone give us some debt, foreign takeovers, my arse. These reports are an appalling indictment of the Premier League, its management, the management of the clubs involved and all who have persued money and forgotten about football. It makes me very, very angry.

It's going to be fascinating to see what RBS do if the court case fails......with the wrong decision they may as well close all the branches on Merseyside.

As usual Paul I still want to know what you wish for. Anyone can bang on forever about what's gone wrong with other takeovers (which we all know about anyway) but where does that get us? Are you still arguing we should "stick with the Trust"?

Besides that being totally impractical, it would leave us dead and buried anyway unless you intend to be one of the 9000 following us in a crumbling Ewood in the slow descent from the Championship to the old Div 3.

No takeover is without risk but the Trust have one last duty to perform and that is to sell the club to the owner they believe will look after us best. That's it really, its modern football like it or not. There is always a choice--no-one has to follow this club.

Perhaps we might turn out like QPR or Stoke. Who knows? One thing I am certain about is that we can't carry on as we are and, moreover, we won't. The Trust will see to that.

So what is it that you want Paul? No takeover? You know that's so unlikely as to be impossible. Or do you just want to be able to say "I told you so" if a takeover goes wrong?

I'm asking you again what is your solution? If you've ever put one forward I've missed it.

Just like 'Uncle Jack' did, an Investor has put up 2mn pounds to Sheffield Wednesday to aid them before a big take-over by the Investor.

It is an interesting 'put up' or 'drop it' test and would have seen previous interested bidders in Rovers...and now possibly knock Shah out of the running.I am sure Mr Syed is serious but think the issues with the parent Company(in all senses) is a load of spaghetti.perhaps he needs to make a preliminary donation just to prove intent.

Sticking with the Trust is a viable option.

Only on the basis that we can break even, which we can't apparently under the current model.

Personally I see the trust as the safest option, although I'm not sure if it is an option, the rest are all gambles in every sense.

What troubles me is this premier league or bust mentality, running the club sustainably albeit at a potentialy lower level is better than risking 130+ years of history - its still football folks, just doesn't have the same 'sexy' wrapping. If the club goes bust it really could be the end!

We all know why its premier league or bust though for some dont we?

Me included. :angry2:

Two of the biggest and most successful football clubs in the UK in near financial ruins....its the fans I feel for,isolated and unable to do sweet FA about it!

I pray to god we get this one right at Ewood,I really do.

Yep. But most fans can't wait for our very own billionaire to ride to the rescue. Nay, most fans think it is essential to our very existence............salivating at the prospect of joining that exclusive club. Only then will we be able to pay obscene transfer fees in the search for the Holy Grail - Champions' League football and perpetual trophies. Only then will we be able to pour mind-bogglingly huge wads of our saviour's cash into the bottomless pockets of our multi-millionaire heroes.

But hey! even better, we might be able to compete with the best - you know, those few teams who are allowed to play proper football.

Correct. If we did stick with the Trust then the current model, which has 'worked' for a number of seasons now, would continue. It's not the end of the world. Just a less exciting future.

A current model of ZERO investment.

The future:

We stay up and get outspent year on year by the majority of clubs, our wage ratio is at its limit already- we are very likely to slip out the league.

We go down, revenues would plummet, the best players would leave, crowds would collapse. A slip to the third tier is possible. We are not Burnley or Blackpool, we are up to our necks in the excesses of the Premier League. That coupled with no support AT ALL from the owners, where does that leave us?

Guest Walkerite

A current model of ZERO investment.

The future:

We stay up and get outspent year on year by the majority of clubs, our wage ratio is at its limit already- we are very likely to slip out the league.

We go down, revenues would plummet, the best players would leave, crowds would collapse. A slip to the third tier is possible. We are not Burnley or Blackpool, we are up to our necks in the excesses of the Premier League. That coupled with no support AT ALL from the owners, where does that leave us?

Here here! At the moment we can continue to "Punch above our weight" because of the fabulous crop of young stars that we have. If we maintain the status quo i.e. no investment and getting naff all from the stingy trust,we will have to sell our star players then inevitably we will fall hard and fast!

Philip wrote:Over to the Trust and Rothschilds to construct an agreement which binds WGA Sports AG to Ali Syed's words but the indications publicly are that he is happy to be bound to his words.

You make the above statement can I confirm you have some inside info on what is said in the boardroom? If so, would you say Syed is in the lead at this moment & would you say the delay is because it is becoming difficult to bind him to these words? Also something confusing you say WGA sports AG is that the London based organisation or the Swiss based entity?.

Conversely, if there is something ruling WGA and Ali Syed out then an all up punt of something over £100m which is the Shah bid apparently is what mystery man has to beat.

Can you by the above comment confirm that the Shah group have made/or are about to make a 100M bid or is it just rumour if that is the case can you confirm the club will be sold but we don't know who to?. Also do you know have the mystery group bid for the club?. Or is there anything out there stating how much they are willing to put into the club?. Or is all that info still under the radar?. By the way I am not criticising you the nature of your posts suggest you know people in interesting places.

Thanks as ever for your input

Yep. But most fans can't wait for our very own billionaire to ride to the rescue. Nay, most fans think it is essential to our very existence............salivating at the prospect of joining that exclusive club. Only then will we be able to pay obscene transfer fees in the search for the Holy Grail - Champions' League football and perpetual trophies. Only then will we be able to pour mind-bogglingly huge wads of our saviour's cash into the bottomless pockets of our multi-millionaire heroes.

But hey! even better, we might be able to compete with the best - you know, those few teams who are allowed to play proper football.

And your alternative suggestion is?

Philip wrote:Over to the Trust and Rothschilds to construct an agreement which binds WGA Sports AG to Ali Syed's words but the indications publicly are that he is happy to be bound to his words.

You make the above statement can I confirm you have some inside info on what is said in the boardroom? If so, would you say Syed is in the lead at this moment & would you say the delay is because it is becoming difficult to bind him to these words? Also something confusing you say WGA sports AG is that the London based organisation or the Swiss based entity?.

Can you by the above comment confirm that the Shah group have made/or are about to make a 100M bid or is it just rumour if that is the case can you confirm the club will be sold but we don't know who to?. Also do you know have the mystery group bid for the club?. Or is there anything out there stating how much they are willing to put into the club?. Or is all that info still under the radar?. By the way I am not criticising you the nature of your posts suggest you know people in interesting places.

Thanks as ever for your input

1. There are people here who know what is going on currently, but noone of us can speculate on what the Trustees are thinking.

2. It would be very unlikely for the club to go back to Shah for now, though not impossible.

3. Without saying anything more, it's decision time for the trust now.

4. The only delay has come from ensuring that the club are getting the best deal. They, like us, want the new owner to bring Jack's dream back to life.

1. There are people here who know what is going on currently, but noone of us can speculate on what the Trustees are thinking.

2. It would be very unlikely for the club to go back to Shah for now, though not impossible.

3. Without saying anything more, it's decision time for the trust now.

4. The only delay has come from ensuring that the club are getting the best deal. They, like us, want the new owner to bring Jack's dream back to life.

so we will know next week if the trust can make up there mind.

then why not tell us. lots of us are pizzed off about people saying they know whats going on but cant say. whats special about you.

Archived