BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a fair point BPF. The current owners haven't yet sold the club to anybody so why would they approach the Premier League about the change of ownership. I still thought the negotations were still on going with a number of parties. I think the parties being talk to are Mr Syed Ali, Mr Shah and the Mystery buyer.

What a week ahead, those in the know have been saying Friday is the big day - any ideas how the Trust are going to finally decide, toss a coin?

Exciting times and things are moving fast.

Noone 'in the know' has said Friday is a big day.

What a week ahead, those in the know have been saying Friday is the big day - any ideas how the Trust are going to finally decide, toss a coin?

Exciting times and things are moving fast.

Probably rock, paper and scissors

:lol::lol::lol:

Noone 'in the know' has said Friday is a big day.

I think Mike B did. but could be wrong tho.

As Jisty said, seems like the pessimists, impatients and frustrated etc are getting a bit hot under the collar.

Does no one think that members of the Board and Trust and the bidders themselves, will not speak with wives ands supposed confidants - add to that a legion of professionals and advisors for all parties who will also speak with wives and supposed confidants.

Does anyone still think there will be no leaks ?!?!?!

At times like this, you need to enjoy a Hamlet cigar - those of you who are old enough will remember the old classic TV adverts.

I still think we will know by Friday 15 October - the fat lady is gargling in the bathroom and starting to clear her throat before she bursts forth into wondrous song!!!

Thats a fair point BPF. The current owners [i]haven't yet sold the club to anybody[/i] so why would they approach the Premier League about the change of ownership. I still thought the negotations were still on going with a number of parties. I think the parties being talk to are Mr Syed Ali, Mr Shah and the Mystery buyer.

Before the pedantic posters amongst us jump on you Chaddy..

The club would have to approach the Premier League before ownership was handed over to another party. What I mean is that the club are yet to decide is WHO to sell it to.

This is a rare case. The club have a number of GOOD offers. Also the club is owned by several people which complicates things. Once more, events of this week would suggest things are coming to a head, but if they change then we'll hear about it.

Before the pedantic posters amongst us jump on you Chaddy..

The club would have to approach the Premier League before ownership was handed over to another party. What I mean is that the club are yet to decide is WHO to sell it to.

This is a rare case. The club have a number of GOOD offers. Also the club is owned by several people which complicates things. Once more, events of this week would suggest things are coming to a head, but if they change then we'll hear about it.

That what i meant. My point was that the club would have to decide who to sell it to before informing the premier league. But you are not going to imform that it could be this one or that one.

Sorry Nicko but several things springs to mind that quite frankly don't add up:

1. There are several consortiums looking at the club are you telling us after all the weeks of endless speculation there might not be a sale it is quite hard to believe there is something wrong with all the bids?

2. Although Syed seemed to be in front then the mystery group came along supposedly richer then apparantly according to Philip The Shah bid was 100M surely that would be enough to buy the club and invest a little bit in what is wrong with his bid?

3. Philip said yesterday the 2 front runners apparently received pre clearance from the EPL.

4. You say the Trust will release the amount they withheld does that mean they might invest a bit more into the club for say a creative midfielder?.

5. If no sale is forthcoming surely then Syed rolling into town signing an MOU doing DD why was he allowed to look at the books if this would be the outcome makes a mockery of the process.

6. In your opinion do you think there will definitely be no sale or is it still possible?

7. What is the thinking of the trust surely they must realise if no money is invested in the team the chances are we will slip out of the division will they then try bailing us out when it is far too late?

8. If none of the parties manage to get far the the process for the Jan. Window will they continue talking to the club maybe in time for the summer window?

Nicko I am not criticising you or knocking the information it just seems too far fetched that there is something wrong with all the bids so far & the fact that carrying on the way we are is not really an option from what certain people are saying on here.

It is very difficult to put a deadline on takeover bids, but I think the fact that people at the club are considering the possibility - or likelihood - that there WON'T be is revealing.

There was money to spend in the last window but it was kept back...a big mistake.

However that can be corrected in the next window.

The bottom line here is that none of the 'bidders' on the scene have ticked all of the boxes.

So, like I said several times before, the option of the status quo was always a very strong runner in the race.

Sorry Nicko but several things springs to mind that quite frankly don't add up:

1. There are several consortiums looking at the club are you telling us after all the weeks of endless speculation there might not be a sale it is quite hard to believe there is something wrong with all the bids? THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL INTERESTED PARTIES FOR SOME TIME. IT BECAME MORE FOCUSSED WITH SYED REACHING A MORE ADVANCED STAGE THAN ANYONE ELSE HAD. HOWEVER MANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT THE CLUB ARE LITTLE MORE THAN TYRE-KICKERS WHO WOULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERNECE AND ARE NOT FULLY COMMITTED.

2. Although Syed seemed to be in front then the mystery group came along supposedly richer then apparantly according to Philip The Shah bid was 100M surely that would be enough to buy the club and invest a little bit in what is wrong with his bid? I DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THE FIGURES I HAVE SEEN BANDIED ABOUT. SYED MAY WELL HAVE MENTIONED BIG ONES...BUT WHEN HE DID THE ALARM BELLS SHOULD HAVE STARTED GOING OFF.

3. Philip said yesterday the 2 front runners apparently received pre clearance from the EPL. WRONG.

4. You say the Trust will release the amount they withheld does that mean they might invest a bit more into the club for say a creative midfielder?. THERE IS MONEY AVAILABLE...WHERE IT GOES IS DOWN TO THE MANAGER.

5. If no sale is forthcoming surely then Syed rolling into town signing an MOU doing DD why was he allowed to look at the books if this would be the outcome makes a mockery of the process. IF YOU OFFER ENOUGH MONEY YOU CAN GET TO LOOK AT THE BOOKS...IT'S THAT SIMPLE. BUT THEN COMES THE DUE DILIGENCE WHICH CAN THROW UP DIFFERENT QUESTIONS.

6. In your opinion do you think there will definitely be no sale or is it still possible? UNLIKELY TO BE A SALE. WILLING TO BE SURPRISED.

7. What is the thinking of the trust surely they must realise if no money is invested in the team the chances are we will slip out of the division will they then try bailing us out when it is far too late? MONEY WAS HELD BACK IN THE LAST WINDOW BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBLE SALE, WHICH CAME AT A BAD TIME AS I SAID WAY BACK THEN. IT CAUSED DISRUPTION - AS YOUR MANAGER QUITE RIGHTLY SAID. VERY FEW HAD THE BALLS TO QUESTION THE BRAVE NEW DAWN AT THE TIME.

8. If none of the parties manage to get far the the process for the Jan. Window will they continue talking to the club maybe in time for the summer window? THERE WOULD BE NOTHING TO STOP PEOPLE LOOKING, BUT SURELY THIS PROCESS HAS SHOWN THAT THERE ARE NOT MANY IDEALS BUYERS OUT THERE. WOULD ANY OF THEM MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE? NOT SURE.

Nicko I am not criticising you or knocking the information it just seems too far fetched that there is something wrong with all the bids so far & the fact that carrying on the way we are is not really an option from what certain people are saying on here.

It is very difficult to put a deadline on takeover bids, but I think the fact that people at the club are considering the possibility - or likelihood - that there WON'T be is revealing.

There was money to spend in the last window but it was kept back...a big mistake.

However that can be corrected in the next window.

The bottom line here is that none of the 'bidders' on the scene have ticked all of the boxes.

So, like I said several times before, the option of the status quo was always a very strong runner in the race.

Nicko - I think it's contingency planning, if you don't have Plan B, no matter how remote or likely the eventuality, then you are unwise and could be well and truly sunk!

Unlikely that any bidder could tick all the boxes, Jack Walker was a one-off. Analogous to a father vetting a future son-in-law.

Nicko - I think it's contingency planning, if you don't have Plan B, no matter how remote or likely the eventuality, then you are unwise and could be well and truly sunk!

Unlikely that any bidder could tick all the boxes, Jack Walker was a one-off. Analogous to a father vetting a future son-in-law.

Plan B is a new development and one being talked about by people it concerns.

You would not consider going down that line - with the window just a few weeks away - unless you thought it was a likely scenario.

Just as a reminder. Saurin Shah first came sniffing in April or so. Syed wanted his deal done in late July-early August.

We are now in October and January is a very vital month - with forward planning starting now.

There HAS to be a line drawn on the whole takeover thing sooner rather than later.

I am speculating in this post.

What is not speculation is that there are at least four parties clearly signalling they would put money into the Rovers kitty if they became involved by January.

At the same time, the Trust would be totally negligent if they have not thought through the consequences of Rovers not being sold so it appears from three different sources now that they have arrived at a figure that would be available for transfers in January.

Clearly from a planning point of view it makes sense for the Chairman and Manager to be made aware that such financing will be available. Both of them will be having enormous difficulty managing the Rovers whilst there are such uncertainties about ownership and direction swirling about the club so stabilising the situation like this makes eminent good sense from everyone's point of view. Look at how the takeover is preoccupying fans so imagine what it must be like for people whose livelihoods and performance depends on the club.

At a guess, at this stage the Trust will have released the lowest number likely to be made available from either themselves or the front-running bidders.

I don't think this should be taken as impacting on the probability of the club being sold in any way whatsoever- it is simply a good management decision.

With regards to the PL Directors and Owners Test, let's see whether the PL takes the ten days or whatever they say it takes to OK an owner when our new owner becomes apparent.

If it does take ten days or more I was wrong, if it takes less than ten days to approve I was right about pre-clearance. As I posted elsewhere, Liverpool clearly went the pre-clearance route with New England Sports Ventures.

Fools rush in .... as we have seen with quite a few football takeovers ..... avoiding them is paramount something the club seem to be doing very well ..... so is three months really that long.

Seems to me Sam has asked a question ... What if ......... and was told if ....... there will be money ....... and if ......

If as it would seem there are one or 2 bids on the table then surely it should be reasonably clear cut as to which would be the more favourable. I can't believe all the bids/packages are the same. Also if, as the poster Rivercider alluded to, there is no caveat about doing this or doing that in the trust legacy then surely we can't be far away from a decision. Other clubs have managed to conclude these things swiftly.

aaagggghhhhhhh :wacko:

Rivercider was as real as his drinks with the American Rovers.

There are enormous legal hurdles to be cleared before the Rovers can be sold. No doubt those have all been worked on so the critical factors are now to do with trust and credibility as well as the contents of the proposals.

I thought he failed to get a work permit?

Where have you been?

JW said we couldn't sign unless we sold Roberts first. Could only have four strikers or some crap (technically Popov's an attacking midfielder but yeah).

Archived