BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

I'm pretty sure everything that rivercider told us was corroborated by nicko...

...who, as Philip informed us at the time, was employed by DW to get us all onside :lol:

I occasionally get the feeling that the Trust are not the collection of Warren Buffett's that some posters would have us believe. Spending nothing in the summer to artificially lower the debt sounds like schoolboy economics. Any buyer would spot it in milliseconds and query why the squad was being run down prior to a sale, risking millions of lost Sky money. Plus, would not a player purchase leave the balance sheet unaffected? Increased debt in one column but increased player asset value in the other?

I also think the obvious leak last week to the Lancashire Pravda about who was where in the running was a rather clumsy negotiating ploy.

Time to sh!t or get off the pot, Trustees.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I've said it before and will say it again, we are very fortunate to have some contributors on here who have a real understanding, and no little knowledge, of what's going on, particularly the likes of Philipl and I'm sure that this will be proven in the fullness of time.

It's so easy to knock and scorn - a bit more appreciation and such people might be more inclined to be a little more forthcoming.

If I was a bookie, based on gut instinct and one or two titbits, I'd offer:

Mystery Bidder 5/4, Ali 2/1, Shah 10/1, The others 20/1 and no sale 50/1. I'd happily take big bets on the latter two!

Do the mystery bidders actually exist, or is it a ploy by the club to flush out Syeds intentions? Does anyone know if Syed and his team have been to Blackburn recently?

They do exist and are very wealthy.

Once more...

The people that know the events of this week are not at all worried at this point. Nicko's news was already known about and entirely irrelevant to this.

Guys, I've said it before and will say it again, we are very fortunate to have some contributors on here who have a real understanding, and no little knowledge, of what's going on, particularly the likes of Philipl and I'm sure that this will be proven in the fullness of time.

It's so easy to knock and scorn - a bit more appreciation and such people might be more inclined to be a little more forthcoming.

If I was a bookie, based on gut instinct and one or two titbits, I'd offer:

Mystery Bidder 5/4, Ali 2/1, Shah 10/1, The others 20/1 and no sale 50/1. I'd happily take big bets on the latter two!

I agree mike. Think people need to have abit more faith and trust in what people are saying. Mike B and Philipl have been kind enough to tell us on this website what they have heard or been told. they dont have told but they do. and I'm glad they do aswell.

If i was to have a bet on this, I think my bet would be on the mystery bidder. I don't know anything about their bid but just think that the trust will sell to them.

I'm pretty sure everything that rivercider told us was corroborated by nicko...

He was a clear PR exercise.

My favourite one was that Dan Williams made the entire company say:

"Together with Rovers" at the end of meetings.

MikeB we also have our fair share of people with absolutely no idea what's going on. I think you har now had 2 guesses at when the sale will go through. One has lapsed and I'll put money on the next one being wrong as well.

At least have the balls to say you've not got a clue what's going on and let the people who do actually have some knowledge on the subject post on here.

MikeB we also have our fair share of people with absolutely no idea what's going on. I think you har now had 2 guesses at when the sale will go through. One has lapsed and I'll put money on the next one being wrong as well.

Also during the transfer window, stories of backslapping by important looking people at the Northcote Manor.

Sometimes I am sure he is on a wind up!

At least have the balls to say you've not got a clue what's going on and let the people who do actually have some knowledge on the subject post on here.

Ricky why don't you have faith in what Mike B is saying? very negative imo

Quite a few posts in the last 24 hours so I apologise if this has already been mentioned.......

Small paragraph in Sunday Times Sports section says £48m takeover by Saurin Shah will be completed this week. £25m of which will be paid to the Trust and £23m to clear current debts.

Looks like we are back to just millionaires now?

Quite a few posts in the last 24 hours so I apologise if this has already been mentioned.......

Small paragraph in Sunday Times Sports section says £48m takeover by Saurin Shah will be completed this week. £25m of which will be paid to the Trust and £23m to clear current debts.

Im shocked at that. didn't see that coming. have you got a link we can see?

Absolute s**t.

He hasn't even entered any form of due diligence yet.

I should point out to you that the more stories that come out related to:

WGA being dodgy

WGA not buying the club

'Mystery Bidder' not buying the club

The closer to the sale we will be.

The closer the decision is, the more mud will be slung by rivals...

That we know of!

Well it wasn't Shah that the club were talking to recently...

The Times presumably working on the principle of the shorter the story the less they need to check their sources.

I am as confident as I can be the Sunday Times have not checked that one with the club, Rothschilds, the Trust or Mr Shah himself. The debt figure is wrong from what I hear as well.

The Times presumably working on the principle of the shorter the story the less they need to check their sources.

I am as confident as I can be the Sunday Times have not checked that one with the club, Rothschilds, the Trust or Mr Shah himself. The debt figure is wrong from what I hear as well.

What's the debt figure philipl? thought it was 25 million pounds?

Im shocked at that. didn't see that coming. have you got a link we can see?

...paper copy, page 6. It's short so.............

INDIAN TAKEOVER LOOMS FOR BLACKBURN

Half the Premier League will be in foreign ownership by the end of this week if a £48m takover of Blackburn Rovers is completed as expected. Senior staff have been told that the sale is imminent, with Indian businessman Saurin Shah favoured to prevail over two competing overseas bids. The Jack Walker Settlement trust will receive £25m for Blackburn's equity with a further £23m covering club debts.

...I suppose it doesn't actually say that it will be him, just that he is favourite. Maybe we should just be thankful, they've not called us Bradford, or Blackpool.

Archived