BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope so Mike. Did somebody say by the 23rd of October? If so, do you reckon by then or not?

I said earlier by Friday 15 October - I'll stand by that, however, some others think another week may be required.

im going to say the deal will go ahead, either on the 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st. my source also tells me, that if it doesnt go through on those dates, then i should try all the dates in November and December. ;)

I said earlier by Friday 15 October - I'll stand by that, however, some others think another week may be required.

I can see where you are coming from Mike but I'd be hesitant to put a specific date on this.

Anything that takes this long just does'nt get done, I see more bargain buys in January with a hard season in front of us.

Either the trust is being an ass or the buyers dont want us enough, Rovers have been very good with money over the years and I dont see where the problems would come from unless its the actual buying price.

I dont think buying a club of a trust as easy as some imagined.

MikeB in your opinion who do you think the owners are leaning towards selling to? I know you said either Syed or the mystery group is there one you think is favourite?. Also I find very strange no-one has been able to get an interview with Syed or WGA recently as they have gone to ground according to the gulf news article and the london based firm are taking care of negotiations that seems a tad strange can you confirm that the talks with WGA London representatives are moving along?. Also in an earlier post it has said the mystery group had gone into DD any idea what stage of DD are they at? have they paid the £250,000 fee for DD yet?.

MikeB in your opinion who do you think the owners are leaning towards selling to? I know you said either Syed or the mystery group is there one you think is favourite?. Also I find very strange no-one has been able to get an interview with Syed or WGA recently as they have gone to ground according to the gulf news article and the london based firm are taking care of negotiations that seems a tad strange can you confirm that the talks with WGA London representatives are moving along?. Also in an earlier post it has said the mystery group had gone into DD any idea what stage of DD are they at? have they paid the £250,000 fee for DD yet?.

BRFCRULE1, I will not bullsh$t you, I do not have the knowledge to answer your questions. There are others on this MB much better placed than I am.

Surely it cant be Syed or a mystery man??? I mean who does that exclude?!?!

Not sure if anyone, outside the negotiating team, knows who this 'mystery' guy is. The general understanding is that he's 'loaded' - Cryer issued some specific denials in today's LT, however, I wouldn't necessarily rule them out. I must sound like a parrott, but S.B. Mittal is a name that's cropped-up on a number of occasions now with people I've spoken with and I've still got a gut feel that he's a player in there somewhere.

There may be another bidder as someone in the UK has tonight won £113million on tonight's Euro lottery - let's hope he's a Rovers' fan!

It aint me as I've done a 19 hour stint today and well and truly knackered - off to bed with a brandy.

How I wish my name was Syed or 'Mystery'!

I understand this issue is being overstated Dave.

For NESV to have got through so quickly, they must have had informal pre-clearance.

This is something I believe both Rovers' front runners have already received.

Incidentally, the first organisation to receive formal directors and owners clearance under the new rules was... Royal Bank of Scotland.

I understand this issue is being overstated Dave.

For NESV to have got through so quickly, they must have had informal pre-clearance.

This is something I believe both Rovers' front runners have already received.

Incidentally, the first organisation to receive formal directors and owners clearance under the new rules was... Royal Bank of Scotland.

RBS? A bank got formal clearance!! Unbeliveable.

I was working in London this week and a Chinese fella came in with a carrier bag full of copied dvds for sale - very enterprising, although a tad illegal. If a bank can be deemed as fit and proper, maybe this fella could be too.

Be very, very careful in what you wish for, if this happens to Rovers we are dead and buried:

Anfield deal may collapse if nine points are deducted it will be really interesting to see if the PL have the balls to deduct nine points from Liverpool if they go into administration

The fall and fall of Liverpool Football Club

Gill says Utd are healthy despite record loss in five years Utd have spent £583 million on interest, bank fees and other charges. You're having a laugh guys

United fail to learn the lesson

Please, please will someone give us some debt, foreign takeovers, my arse. These reports are an appalling indictment of the Premier League, its management, the management of the clubs involved and all who have persued money and forgotten about football. It makes me very, very angry.

It's going to be fascinating to see what RBS do if the court case fails......with the wrong decision they may as well close all the branches on Merseyside.

Wow.

Reading some of the comments on here, it could be worthwhile buying a bespoke advent calendar in countdown to the inevitable sale this Friday?

Some are describing this like an action movie which will have an ending we will never forget.

The sale of Blackburn Rovers has the biggest investors battling it out in order to make us better than what we should be.

Sorry to be a cynic but what tripe - hope I'm wrong chaps.....

Archived