BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MikeB, thanks for your input. You do realise that if it doesnt happen by the 15th its totally your fault :o

Why did you not disclose what kind of pie you had - it would have given your comments much more credibility :D

One Love -BRFC

It would be the 23rd if it was correct!

i dont pretend to understand all this takeover stuff but the more i read on here from peolpe who seem to know something the more i think its nearer to happening. all brfc fans should be buzing.

I think things are moving forward at rovers judging by people in the know on here. Rovers did not do their business in Public but in Private. Which I think is really good tbh that they do. Most business deals are done in private and not in the public domain. We would all like a running commentary to whats going on but rovers don't do that at all!!!

Nicko - any reliable info to update us on??

This Mittal guy got a mention a few weeks back. Like many other rich Indians there is an interest in buying a football club - and in this one's case his brother is involved at QPR.

But the link was never stronger than that.

It sounds as if agents/deal-makers have been round India for the past few months, looking for possible bidders for Premier League clubs. First there was Shah, then Syed and possibly a Mittal or two and the odd Mahindra.

Got to say the longer the whole process goes on the less likely there is to be a wealthy and serious bidder.

Hope I am proved wrong.

One way or another there has to be a line drawn under this soon - there is a window to plan far and it could yet be very important if results do not improve.

What would the Trustees get for a club OUTSIDE the Premier?

Think on, chaps.

This Mittal guy got a mention a few weeks back. Like many other rich Indians there is an interest in buying a football club - and in this one's case his brother is involved at QPR.

But the link was never stronger than that.

It sounds as if agents/deal-makers have been round India for the past few months, looking for possible bidders for Premier League clubs. First there was Shah, then Syed and possibly a Mittal or two and the odd Mahindra.

Got to say the longer the whole process goes on the less likely there is to be a wealthy and serious bidder.

Hope I am proved wrong.

One way or another there has to be a line drawn under this soon - there is a window to plan far and it could yet be very important if results do not improve.

What would the Trustees get for a club OUTSIDE the Premier?

Think on, chaps.

Normally look forward to your updates, however on this topic they are less than encouraging. :lol:

I dont know what to think about this whole topic anymore, and as the days of rumour pass by I am becoming resigned to the idea we wont be taken over and that the future is really quite bleak...........

Normally look forward to your updates, however on this topic they are less than encouraging. :lol:

I dont know what to think about this whole topic anymore, and as the days of rumour pass by I am becoming resigned to the idea we wont be taken over and that the future is really quite bleak...........

edit

The people who are in the know, do you think this takeover will happen? Also do you think the mystery buyer will buy the club?

At this point, everything does point to it being only a matter of time, if you knew why, you'd see.

All I can say is what I've been saying for weeks, take Philip's word as gospel.

At this point, everything does point to it being only a matter of time, if you knew why, you'd see.

All I can say is what I've been saying for weeks, take Philip's word as gospel.

There doesn't seem to be as many nickoteens about these days.

Whereas there has been a definite increase in Philiplebs

There doesn't seem to be as many nickoteens about these days.

Whereas there has been a definite increase in Philiplebs

That doesn't work unless it's hyphenated 'Phili-plebs'

You should have gone with 'Philiphiles'

I know what you mean

You know I love you Bucky :)

I don't know why, but I trust your posts (regarding the takeover) more than anyone else. It's quite reassuring.

Although nicko seems very cynical about it all.

I wish I didn't check this thread about 20 times a day, I tried not to check, but I just can't help myself

Sorry everyone.

Back to saying people are working very hard again all this week but we probably need to lower expectations of anything happening within the next seven days.

And I don't know which of the two front runners is ahead now but it is unlikely any exclusivity is in place at the moment.

Please don't take this is a pessimistic situation. I think it is wonderful that so much care is being taken to try to get this right.

My goodness is it only yesterday I posted that? Mike B is not alone in hearing 15th to 23rd as being the time when the sale could get wrapped up if there are no more dramatic turn-ups. But the way this process has gone this time, you simply cannot rule out another dramatic twist- it would be par for the course!

And please, for all your kind words, don't set-up a competition between me and nicko. We are very different beasts inhabiting different worlds and I don't have anything remotely like the sports contacts and insights he has all round football. There is nobody better than nicko for finding out the other end's perspective of a transfer link to Rovers.

Archived