BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Takeover

The Trustees need to realise that if there is no sale before January they are up **** creek without a paddle. I cannot see 3 worse teams than Rovers and relegation will wipe out whatever value they have put on the club. I have always said the club has a negligible value - cannot make a profit and, with the ever-present possibility of relegation, ownership is a licence to lose money. Just hope the Trustees are realists too.

You people talk such bull ######. We have a decent side. Good enough to finish mid table comfortably and doing it keeping the ball on the deck. This is not to say we don't need investment because in the long term we do. But we're certainly not as far up ###### creek (your ass) as you state.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You people talk such bull ######. We have a decent side. Good enough to finish mid table comfortably and doing it keeping the ball on the deck. This is not to say we don't need investment because in the long term we do. But we're certainly not as far up ###### creek (your ass) as you state.

3*dub - gotta agree with you - so many knee jerk reactions on this MB it is unbelievable. I share some concerns that performances haven't been consistent - not even during one match - let alone from match to match. But when you look realistically - we probably have the points total at this point that many would have predicted - in fact far more if you listen to the doom merchants on here.

I agree we do need investment - but to be honest if Jones continues to progress and Olsson, Hoilett, Nzonzi & Kalanic start showing on a more consistent basis what we have seen glimpses of, we should be ok for a while yet.

This has been one of the strangest starts to a Premiership season for a while - we are three points off fourth and 2 off the relegation zone.

You sure you are not talking about a different club here?

Reasonably decent keeper.

Pretty decent set of central defenders but no standout fullbacks.

Absolutely crap midfield.

Toothless attack.

We might finish mid table or top half but i don't see it being comfortable, our squad is nowhere near as good as some people make out.

We need investment to maintain some level of parity with the lower half teams and a hell of a lot more to take us to the next level. Staying with the trust in my view will be disastrous, they don't want us and they provide virtually no transfer budget. We can’t keep relying on a shoestring budget being spent wisely and other teams spending their superior budgets on the wrong players all the time.

All is coming up smelling of roses...

You keep hinting at stuff, I have no reason to doubt what your saying and bloody hope your right.

However are you hinting that we will be taken over, or, that we have dodged a bullet as some seem to believe?

3*dub - gotta agree with you - so many knee jerk reactions on this MB it is unbelievable..

I agree we do need investment - but to be honest if Jones continues to progress and Olsson, Hoilett, Nzonzi & Kalanic start showing on a more consistent basis what we have seen glimpses of, we should be ok for a while yet.

"if"-----the saddest word in the English language. If only we'd signed Zidane when we could have.

You keep hinting at stuff, I have no reason to doubt what your saying and bloody hope your right.

However are you hinting that we will be taken over, or, that we have dodged a bullet as some seem to believe?

I promise you that I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm just under the same confidences as the other board members and I know less than they do.

But what I have heard has come from two entirely separate and reliable sources.

I just want to remind everyone that things are incredibly exciting right now and please don't get downhearted. We really are getting close to D Day.

I promise you that I'm not trying to be annoying, I'm just under the same confidences as the other board members and I know less than they do.

I just want to remind everyone that things are incredibly exciting right now and please don't get downhearted. We really are getting close to D Day.

Very Positive then. within the next month or so for the takeover then BPF?

Sorry everyone.

Back to saying people are working very hard again all this week but we probably need to lower expectations of anything happening within the next seven days.

And I don't know which of the two front runners is ahead now but it is unlikely any exclusivity is in place at the moment.

Please don't take this is a pessimistic situation. I think it is wonderful that so much care is being taken to try to get this right.

"if"-----the saddest word in the English language. If only we'd signed Zidane when we could have.

"if" is what football is all about. It is why a team like Blackpool can make such a good start to the season and why a large number of teams (probably including Rovers) will probably be in fear of possible relegation until Easter at least.

I could add a few more

"if" Warhurst had remained fit he would have been an England regular

"if" Sutton had played centre half he would have been an England regular

"if" Keeley hadn't brought down Rush he would have become a star for Everton

"if" Ronaldo hadn't signed for Barca just prior to Shearer leaving we would still be a top 4 club

This is a fun game - could go on all night - but won't.

The big "if" is the takeover - and the possible consequences.

I can understand why certain people seem to have had their optimism removed by Sam - we ended last season on a real high - but seem to have slipped into the same pattern as the start of last season. However - people shouldn't underestimate the quality we have in our squad - weak in some areas I admit - but overall our squad is still of mid-table quality.

"if" is what football is all about. It is why a team like Blackpool can make such a good start to the season and why a large number of teams (probably including Rovers) will probably be in fear of possible relegation until Easter at least.

I could add a few more

"if" Warhurst had remained fit he would have been an England regular

"if" Sutton had played centre half he would have been an England regular

"if" Keeley hadn't brought down Rush he would have become a star for Everton

"if" Ronaldo hadn't signed for Barca just prior to Shearer leaving we would still be a top 4 club

This is a fun game - could go on all night - but won't.

The big "if" is the takeover - and the possible consequences.

I can understand why certain people seem to have had their optimism removed by Sam - we ended last season on a real high - but seem to have slipped into the same pattern as the start of last season. However - people shouldn't underestimate the quality we have in our squad - weak in some areas I admit - but overall our squad is still of mid-table quality.

No it isn't. The defence is pretty good, the rest is pretty bad. Thanks for illustrating the "if'" factor so well for me-----if all those good things you expect to happen do happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

but....it still doesn't make sense. Either Sayid has engineered one of the most fantastical lies for purposes no one can guess just to mess with our club, or he is telling the truth. I fail to see how there can be any middle ground in this. If he's telling the truth, give him the club right this second and forget all other nonsense. "Mystery bidders who don't reveal themselves to the fans"...no thank you. If he's lying, and if that's the reason things are going slow, then surely he can't still be in contention?

Sorry everyone.

Back to saying people are working very hard again all this week but we probably need to lower expectations of anything happening within the next seven days.

And I don't know which of the two front runners is ahead now but it is unlikely any exclusivity is in place at the moment.

Please don't take this is a pessimistic situation. I think it is wonderful that so much care is being taken to try to get this right.

These two posts pretty much sum up this takeover thread at the minute. And little over half an hour between them!

The messageboard giveth and the messageboard taketh away...

but....it still doesn't make sense. Either Sayid has engineered one of the most fantastical lies for purposes no one can guess just to mess with our club, or he is telling the truth. I fail to see how there can be any middle ground in this. If he's telling the truth, give him the club right this second and forget all other nonsense. "Mystery bidders who don't reveal themselves to the fans"...no thank you. If he's lying, and if that's the reason things are going slow, then surely he can't still be in contention?

Maybe it's a lot harder for people to prove that someone is not a multibillionaire, than for that same person to prove they are a multi billionaire.

If I met you on the street tomorrow and told you I was worth several billion, it would be very hard for you to prove it if I was lying. However if I was telling the truth, I could point to my huge yacht, my much publicised achievements, my column in Forbes and so forth.

I don't mind the idea of mystery bidders, so long as they dont stay mystery if they end up owning the club.

Do you not think the mystery buyer will revealed himself if he agree a price and takeover is agree? we got to have faith in Rovers board/trustees/rothschilds will find us the RIGHT OWNER for rovers.

Do you not think the mystery buyer will revealed himself if he agree a price and takeover is agree? we got to have faith in Rovers board/trustees/rothschilds will find us the RIGHT OWNER for rovers.

but why is he not revealing himself now? What possible good reason can there be for this? Haven't we had enough of owners who would rather not communicate with the fans? Syed at least did the proper thing by introducing himself to us and telling us his plans and vision for the club - whether truthful or not.

but why is he not revealing himself now? What possible good reason can there be for this? Haven't we had enough of owners who would rather not communicate with the fans? Syed at least did the proper thing by introducing himself to us and telling us his plans and vision for the club - whether truthful or not.

How much do Mansour and Abramovich communicate with the fans?

Both deals were shrouded in mystery and not really known about until the day they were done.

Its being assumed on here that because Syed's bid is apparently 'faltering' that means he isn't rich or can't/won't live up to his promises. That isn't fact--its speculation. Maybe the explanation is far more prosaic? Perhaps the "mystery buyer" is richer or is promising more funding than Syed or is offering the Trust a better deal? None of us actually know these sorts of details. maybe one day we will.

I have taken a backseat on this thread as I have had nothing to contribute, however, I do feel there is a real reason for the silence from within the club, we may or may not know the reasons, even some of the staff at Ewood are clueless as to what is happening!

These two posts pretty much sum up this takeover thread at the minute. And little over half an hour between them!

Me and Philip aren't really saying anything different....

syed doesnt have wiki page, and thats a problem. the mystery buyer doesnt want to reveal him or herself, and thats okay. we as fans should know what their plans are, we know what Syeds plans are apparently. as fans who have witnessed the good times, the bad times, times of uncertainty etc, why should these guys remain secretive? we dont have to know the exact detail, but we want to know who this mystery bidder is, and what their intentions are. forget about chelsea and man city, those clubs never had a soul, their identities were being washed away. Rovers have a soul, we very much have an identity and a proud reputation, so why hold certain information from us?

Sorry Jisty, there is no contradiction.

Yes there are very exciting times ahead but unlikely in the next seven days.

syed doesnt have wiki page, and thats a problem. the mystery buyer doesnt want to reveal him or herself, and thats okay. we as fans should know what their plans are, we know what Syeds plans are apparently. as fans who have witnessed the good times, the bad times, times of uncertainty etc, why should these guys remain secretive? we dont have to know the exact detail, but we want to know who this mystery bidder is, and what their intentions are. forget about chelsea and man city, those clubs never had a soul, their identities were being washed away. Rovers have a soul, we very much have an identity and a proud reputation, so why hold certain information from us?

Sorry Iceman.

I understand your point totally but it doesn't exist in reality. Anyone who takes over the club does not have to tell the fans anything until finalizing the deal. This is the same for any takeover. The 'mystery' bidder is going about this in the correct way and you should have confidence in his ability through the methods he is carrying this out in.

Archived