BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] German-Speaking Rovers Players

cn174

For a presentation I'm doing I'm trying to work out all the players who have played for Rovers who are from German speaking countries. I can't think of many who have played in the first team. Any advances on the below? .. :)

Germany - Sergio Peter, Marcus Babbel

Austria - ?

Switzerland - Bruno Berner, Oumar Konde, Stephane Henchoz, Johann Vogel

Liechtenstein - ?

German-speaking, or strictly from German-speaking countries? Because the only contribution I can think of is that Mark Hughes must have picked some up whilst he was at Munich! And possibly Hoilett whilst at St Pauli, but doubtful he became fluent. Wondering why you would be putting this in your presentation...

From German-speaking countries.

I've gotta do a presentation in my German course, so I've chose to do it about Rovers (cos I have nowt else to talk about!) and I was going to relate it to Germany etc by saying about players from there, and when Rovers have played in Gemrany/Austria. :)

From German-speaking countries.

I've gotta do a presentation in my German course, so I've chose to do it about Rovers (cos I have nowt else to talk about!) and I was going to relate it to Germany etc by saying about players from there, and when Rovers have played in Gemrany/Austria. :)

Ahh gotcha. Good luck :-)

For a presentation I'm doing I'm trying to work out all the players who have played for Rovers who are from German speaking countries. I can't think of many who have played in the first team. Any advances on the below? .. :)

Germany - Sergio Peter, Marcus Babbel

Austria - ?

Switzerland - Bruno Berner, Oumar Konde, Stephane Henchoz, Johann Vogel

Liechtenstein - ?

Although Henchoz is from a country which is , partially, a German speaking country, my impression is he is a French speaker.

Although Henchoz is from a country which is , partially, a German speaking country, my impression is he is a French speaker.

I believe that'll be the case too, the Swiss case is funny as certain areas really only do speak the one language.

RSC - he was with Bayern for years :rover:

• Guest featured and unfeatured this topic

Archived