BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shall we start our own team?

Why not have a 'fans team'?? :huh:

You could even set up a league of 'fans teams' playing other 'fans teams'.

It doesn`t have to be a rival of BRFC, just merely a grassroots offspring of the BIG club at Ewood Park.

People always moan about todays football not being a working mans game. It`s full of millionaire journeymen who only play for the money & cars....NOT the honour of the shirt/club/team/fans.

An FC ROVERS team could be run & played by the fans FOR the fans. You could have kids, junior, 1st, seniors, girls & ex-pro teams. A real community footballing institution.

I think it`s a great idea :tu: lol.

Not sure where you`re from or where you live Chris, but i`m sure you`d relish the chance to play for your 'home town' team in front of your friends, family & workmates. Not many people get the chance to do such things. I used to play in a band. My biggest gig was in front of around 2500 people. All my friends & a lot of my relatives were there that day......i can tell you, it felt great.

I`m sure if a 'town team' like FC ROVERS could attract crowds of a few hundred (or possibly a thousand or so) you`d jump at the chance to do it ;)

Yeah I played in front of 2,000, was a buzz, it was a cup final in South france, the ref was the actual 2002 world cup semi-final ref, he booked me the idiot.

I'm also a musician but not played in front that many yet, I have 23,000 fans on FB though :)

Can I be your agent? :D

I'm 27, I have no re-sale value. Injuried too much.

Resurrecting Blackburn Olympic sounds great to the romantic in me. Not being from Blackburn, and poor, I would not be involved in finding locations to play etc. should Rovers go into meltdown and such an idea gain purchase.

Anyhow, some varying and interesting views on this topic.

Some of this negativity is wayyy over the top. Talk about jummping on the bandwagon and believing everything the papers say. Judge the current regieme at the end of the season or even start of next season.

Some people on this board seem more excited by doom and gloom than at any point when we were doing well

Resurrecting Blackburn Olympic sounds great to the romantic in me. Not being from Blackburn, and poor, I would not be involved in finding locations to play etc. should Rovers go into meltdown and such an idea gain purchase.

Blackburn Olympic used to get changed at the Hole i'th Wall pub, and played their games on the pitch that is part of St.Mary's Sixth Form College now. So, not impossible...

It doesn`t have to be a rival of BRFC, just merely a grassroots offspring of the BIG club at Ewood Park.

People always moan about todays football not being a working mans game. It`s full of millionaire journeymen who only play for the money & cars....NOT the honour of the shirt/club/team/fans.

An FC ROVERS team could be run & played by the fans FOR the fans. You could have kids, junior, 1st, seniors, girls & ex-pro teams. A real community footballing institution.

We (as in the forum) do. Kind of. There are infrequent supporters games (normally organised by the club I think), in which I know Tris normally respresents the London Branch and JPW looks after the BRFCS team. I know Clare and Bellamy11 were involved too (and some of the Irish lads). That said, I've not heard about them happening for some time now.

... oh and of course, we've put out fans teams for Genclerbirligi home and away and Salzburg away games.

I used to be captain of the Southport fans team about 6 or 7 years ago. It was great! Certainly made away days more fun, and then it turned in to a league of teams all over the North-West...

Liverpool

Accrington

Chester

Rhyl

Leeds

to name but a few! It was called the NPFSL (Northern Premier Football Supporters League).

Great days, and great fun!

SOMEONE DO IT!

Archived