BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shall we start our own team?

With all the chaos over Blackburn Rovers' new owners apparent incompetence and over-reliance on dodgy agents to fill them in on anything football related, and the players said to be in revolt, would we be inclined to start up our own team like AFC Wimbledon or FC United? I'm not too sure about the idea myself, but I was curious about the attitudes of other fans given the clubs apparent meltdown, and disregard for the fans.

With all the chaos over Blackburn Rovers' new owners apparent incompetence and over-reliance on dodgy agents to fill them in on anything football related, and the players said to be in revolt, would we be inclined to start up our own team like AFC Wimbledon or FC United? I'm not too sure about the idea myself, but I was curious about the attitudes of other fans given the clubs apparent meltdown, and disregard for the fans.

Aye, I've got some contacts in the Blackburn Combination from my refereeing days, if that's any help...

Personally I think we should keep the powder dry until the end of the transfer window in Jan, then make an informed assessment of where we stand as supporters and stakeholders in this once proud brand. I suspect it may be a painful wait.

:brfcsmilie:

We already have a team/club

The venkys are only here part time

BRFC founded 1875

:rover:

Actually, Whinney Hill could be a good start, seems Derbyshire is financing them, some players on £50 per game!!

Personally I still think it's too early to decide anything too drastic. They've taken over, sacked someone they didn't want in charge and they are giving us some money to spend in the transfer window.

I know their PR is shocking and the sudden departure of Big Sam was a total shock to everyone but I still they need to be given a chance to at least show us what they want to achieve.

After the transfer window, if they haven't bought anyone who will improve the squad, our performances on the pitch has deteriorated and there is complete chaos behind the scenes then maybe that's when we should start to voice our major concerns. At the moment they can't do anything until the transfer window opens.

All we can do is get behind the teams and show our support. If they don't deliver any of their promises then I say we have every right to let them know what we think. To do so before they've got a chance to prove to us that they were right to make the decisions they did then I guess it makes me wonder what the difference is between them not giving sam a chance and us not giving them a chance.

I think it is way too early as well, but I still thought it was worth asking.

I think you should speak to Theno.....this could be the very opportunity he has been waiting for to launch his Lancashire Utd club. He might just need to think about modifying the name a little though.;)

Why not set up an alternative team?

FC ROVERS (OF BLACKBURN) or ROVERS FC like the sign over the Old Blackburn End.

1...Play home games on the ground at the bottom of Wellington Rd (Griffin?) Hopefully develope it over time (terraces, covered area, floodlights, bar, toilet block & changing area)

2...Make it a proper 'town team' with local lads playing in the team. No football mercinaries, just good solid home-grown talent.

3...Have open trials & invite local league footballers & give them the opportunity to play for the 'town team' in front of a semi-decent crowd of a few hundred or more :unsure:

4...Start in the lowest Lancashire league & try to work way up the leagues.

5...Play on Friday nights (so not to clash with the BIG boys at Ewood)

6...Play in Blue & White halves (with no fancy stuff on it) & red & black halves away kit (still with no fancy stuff on it)

7...Adopt the old Tudor style Lancashire Rose as club badge (like the 80s shirts)

8...Get (invite) ex players to manage/coach the team. Can you imagine Simon Garner as manager? :tu: the banter would be ace!!

9...Run the club on a membership basis. ie...each fan has 1 vote & the board should be elected/re-elected by the members (fans) every year.

10...Make it cheap to watch (a couple of quid for adults & kids go free)

11...Hold regular fundraising events & family days (to help finance the running of the club)

12...Watch the game whilst standing & having a beer!! :tu:

My god! This sounds fantastic!!

......anyway, back to reality. It`ll never work :blush:

just ot let you all know in 5 a side 2009 I won play of the season in two different premeier leagues, two leagues championships and three cups, averaging approx 2-3 goals a game.

let the bidding begin

If someone paypals me £27.36 you got me for one game.

thats a trial offer, I'm much more expensive after that.

Why not set up an alternative team?

FC ROVERS (OF BLACKBURN) or ROVERS FC like the sign over the Old Blackburn End.

1...Play home games on the ground at the bottom of Wellington Rd (Griffin?) Hopefully develope it over time (terraces, covered area, floodlights, bar, toilet block & changing area)

2...Make it a proper 'town team' with local lads playing in the team. No football mercinaries, just good solid home-grown talent.

3...Have open trials & invite local league footballers & give them the opportunity to play for the 'town team' in front of a semi-decent crowd of a few hundred or more :unsure:

4...Start in the lowest Lancashire league & try to work way up the leagues.

5...Play on Friday nights (so not to clash with the BIG boys at Ewood)

6...Play in Blue & White halves (with no fancy stuff on it) & red & black halves away kit (still with no fancy stuff on it)

7...Adopt the old Tudor style Lancashire Rose as club badge (like the 80s shirts)

8...Get (invite) ex players to manage/coach the team. Can you imagine Simon Garner as manager? :tu: the banter would be ace!!

9...Run the club on a membership basis. ie...each fan has 1 vote & the board should be elected/re-elected by the members (fans) every year.

10...Make it cheap to watch (a couple of quid for adults & kids go free)

11...Hold regular fundraising events & family days (to help finance the running of the club)

12...Watch the game whilst standing & having a beer!! :tu:

My god! This sounds fantastic!!

......anyway, back to reality. It`ll never work :blush:

13....Let Matt Jansen re-join Rovers :D

just ot let you all know in 5 a side 2009 I won play of the season in two different premeier leagues, two leagues championships and three cups, averaging approx 2-3 goals a game.

let the bidding begin

Do we get cashback if we buy you through Quidco?

let the bidding begin

Not sure where you`re from or where you live Chris, but i`m sure you`d relish the chance to play for your 'home town' team in front of your friends, family & workmates. Not many people get the chance to do such things. I used to play in a band. My biggest gig was in front of around 2500 people. All my friends & a lot of my relatives were there that day......i can tell you, it felt great.

I`m sure if a 'town team' like FC ROVERS could attract crowds of a few hundred (or possibly a thousand or so) you`d jump at the chance to do it ;)

let the bidding begin

Can I be your agent? :D

Archived