BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] So I've been in the sticks in India for 6 months... (ironically it seems)

Can someone in a few short sentences sum what the bloody 'ell has happened to my/OUR football team? I have not been able to get to a computer at all, or a newspaper. That was how primitive it was, and really do not want to research at great length atm.

However stood in Delhi, wearing my Rovers shirt and I see a fair few Indians wearing a newer shirt than I am

I'm flying back from India in a few hours and will be back for Tomorrow's game! many tickets sold... all the usual questions?

o and merry Christmas!

Can someone in a few short sentences sum what the bloody 'ell has happened to my/OUR football team? I have not been able to get to a computer at all, or a newspaper. That was how primitive it was, and really do not want to research at great length atm.

Demonstrative of our new '5m and you'll be in the top five' owners. They're proving to be as much use as the Pope's balls.

Chatting to Graham Heathcote today in Alty (he's at Stafford Rangers now). Asked him what the future for Alty looked like, "about the same as your lot" was the reply I got.

However stood in Delhi, wearing my Rovers shirt and I see a fair few Indians wearing a newer shirt than I am

I'm flying back from India in a few hours and will be back for Tomorrow's game! many tickets sold... all the usual questions?

o and merry Christmas!

Welcome back. A few short sentences is a big ask but basically after 3 years of hawking, the club is finally sold by the Walker trust to a like minded family concern, Venky's, who give various assurances regarding management and running... then despite said assurances Sam is sacked - no real reason given you can listen to Venky's but they change thier mind daily. Steve Kean (former first team coach is appointed, Kevin Mc who was also fired as he isn't Kentaro [Venky's advisors] you see), a sidelined William's and Finn nearly walk, Rovers can't win at home and look borderline shambollic.

Fans are largely indifferent to the sacking of Sam but find the timing and lack of PL quality replacement alarming (in fact Philipl has gone into meltdown and both him and Nicko get the hard word from Glen after a spat). Samba uses events to make his (now year long) desire to leave the club known. Kean flies to India to get his strings tightened and stomps his foot on the oppertunist Samba by rightly stripping him of the captaincy. We capitulate to stoke, fans inform the new owners who can't be bothered coming over where to stick thier chickens....

Think that sums it up. Merry Christmas, half way out of or into (depending on your perspective) the darkness.

Demonstrative of our new '5m and you'll be in the top five' owners. They're proving to be as much use as the Pope's balls.

Chatting to Graham Heathcote today in Alty (he's at Stafford Rangers now). Asked him what the future for Alty looked like, "about the same as your lot" was the reply I got.

Which Pope? 'Cos yeah, historically those things got a lot of action.

Archived