BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chelsea tickets

You're not allowed to. You can't charge more to away fans than you do to home fans in a similar location. ie, we cant charge Darwen End upper tickets more than Blackburn End upper.

There's ways round it i.e. memberships etc, but generally you cant do it.

Rovers fans know that of course but it's far too complicated for some simple folk.

You're not allowed to. You can't charge more to away fans than you do to home fans in a similar location. ie, we cant charge Darwen End upper tickets more than Blackburn End upper.

There's ways round it i.e. memberships etc, but generally you cant do it.

Shame. I suppose those are the FA's rules (to protect the monopoly of the Big 4.)

It should be allowed though as certain away fans must cost more to host - extra police, stewards, tidying up after they've vandalised the toilets and concourse. It would be a good incentive for away fans to behave themselves - don't cause trouble and we won't jack up ticket prices next year. Rovers away tickets would drop dramatically as we are one of the best behaved away bunch, Turd Moor visits aside :D

I suppose at least we get to show the plastic fans how much they are being ripped off for their crap, overcrowded seats when they come and visit Ewood.

The rules on ticket pricing were introduced to protect away support when travelling fans were regularly being ripped off by many clubs. It has nothing to do with a "big four monopoly" - if they have a monopoly it's for other reasons not ticket pricing.

At Ewood we are not in a position to take the moral high ground. The club has been very creative in creating a situation whereby the home support receives a very good deal but away fans pay around £37 a ticket. 8000 liverpool fans will pay this on Wednesday when home support with an ST will have paid approximate £13 for the same seat.

Through some very clever marketing Rovers created a situation where home fans pay the lowest price per seat per game while allowing the club to exploit large away followings to the maximum, e.g. Liverpool, Utd etc paying £37. Very clever but it hardly puts in a position to take the moral high ground.

I was there last year, sat in the chelsea end as friend gave me a ticket. Will be going again this year, we'll get hammered and laughed at due to 25 people in the away end. Tickets are a rip off. Have to say we could steal a few ideas on how to create an atmosphere, the guy on the mic is class we should follow suit, giant flags around the pitch etc, why don't we do this?

We have 2 in the pipeline for the Darwen End.

Archived