BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best kit ever

100% agree, mate.

The Blackburn halves are very distinctive and were very influential too, at the end of the XIXth Century.

The Blackburn shirt probably inspired the Englishmen that founded Genoa FC, the oldest Italian club, whose shirt is divided in red and blue halves because red and blue are the colours of Queen Victoria.

immagine7y.png

This looks very good. Have we ever used dark blue in lieu of black with out red halved shirts?

• Moderation Lead

The dark away kit with thin red stripes- think it was from the championship winning season, we've never come close to matching that in my view.

The AC Milan style one from 92-93 season wasn't bad either!

If I could only give you a -1 :(

100% agree, mate.

The Blackburn halves are very distinctive and were very influential too, at the end of the XIXth Century.

The Blackburn shirt probably inspired the Englishmen that founded Genoa FC, the oldest Italian club, whose shirt is divided in red and blue halves because red and blue are the colours of Queen Victoria.

immagine7y.png

Surely inspired by the Blackburn white and blue halves were the foundators of Andrea Doria FC the other club of the city of Genova, that in 1946 was merged with Sampierdarenese to form the current UC Sampdoria.

The Sampdoria 50th centenary shirt celebrated, in the front and in the back, the shirts of Andrea Doria and Sampierdarenese, and as you can see the Andrea Doria's outfit was very similar to the Blackburn one.

immagine6u.png

This is AWESOME! Sampdoria are the only Italian side I nominally follow --- goes back to the Gullit days.

This shirt w/ the sailor's silouette is absolutely Brillant thanks for posting it!

I also loved our 95-95 away kit, the red w/ black sleeves--especially in long sleeves looked very cool... we looked like a bunch of marauders. Unfortunately, this kit will forever be sullied by the images of Batty/LeSaux having their love fest.

Archived