BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Australian Open Final

I really don't understand the hate for Murray. He's British and he's genuine (which is more than you can say for Federer).

Admittedly he's bottled it today, but being British, I want every British sportsman to do well.

"I'll be supporting anyone but England."

Murray responding to columnist Des Kelly who asked Murray about Scotland's absence from the 2006 World Cup. (06/06/06)

Murray responding to columnist Des Kelly who asked Murray about Scotland's absence from the 2006 World Cup. (06/06/06)

He was asked by the smartarse reporter "Will you be supporting Scotland at the World Cup?". In response he said he'd support anyone playing England. It's football banter, started by the reporter. The fact that some people still hold it against him shows how pathetically precious folk can be.

Sounds like a response half the English football team would have said at the last world cup.

Those comments were made from a naive young lad and the answer was made in a humerous way which too many took the wrong way, I like to see all British teams or sportsmen do well, unfortunately they usually bottle it, must be a mentality thing, we lack killer instinct.

Quite right Hemel........ Whereas Djokovic could be quite plainly seen with a George cross draped around his shoulders, swigging from a can of Stella and chucking plastic chairs at policeman and opposing fans at every England game at that particular WC. :rolleyes:

I think Andy is a good top 10 player but really needs to raise his game to win a Grand Slam.

If you look at this final no Nadal no Federer and still he is struggling.

He's the fourth best player in the world. That's some accomplishment. Nadal and Federer are two of the best players of all time. Nobody else in this generation come close to them.

He simply has to hold his nerve to win a Grand Slam. It'll happen. He's too good not to win one.

He was asked by the smartarse reporter "Will you be supporting Scotland at the World Cup?". In response he said he'd support anyone playing England. It's football banter, started by the reporter. The fact that some people still hold it against him shows how pathetically precious folk can be.

In some schools Hemel might be described as being bigoted and racist... or even both T4E. -_-

You should work for Sky.

Hah.... Never mind work though I'd do the first week as a line judge at Wimbledon for free! ^_^

• Backroom

Would you smash it?

You'd go round any night and see Hemel hanging out the back of it.

Seriously though I don't like Murray couldn't care less what he thinks of the english he just comes across as an arrogant tosser most of the time.

Archived