BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] International Friendlies

if that new geezer who looks set to take over from blatter gets his way then lots more friendlies :wacko:

No problem if everyone else's players play in them and get crocked. AS long as ours don't. And they need to be played like tonight's was - good pace, not too many subs and I actually forgot I was watching England and just enjoyed some energetic well-contested football.

Waste of time.....as it showed tonight.

Ghana celebrated as if they won the world cup...when infact they had just equalised against a seriously under strength, average England side.

Only thing that tends to happen in Friendlies is that players get injured.

Waste of time.....as it showed tonight.

Ghana celebrated as if they won the world cup...when infact they had just equalised against a seriously under strength, average England side.

Only thing that tends to happen in Friendlies is that players get injured.

Ahem yes... Since they actually brought joy to tens of thousands of their countrymen, many of them getting to see their national team play live for the first and only time.

I agree that friendlies can be tedious affairs, especially when you just want to get on with the club football, but as internationals today works as one of the few counterweights to the corporate footballing world we are getting shoved down out throat on a daily basis I say keep them!

• Backroom

after watching the 2nd half of the england Ghana game shame we missed out on Asamoah Gyan would have made one hell of a difference shame old red nose got him!.

We didn't miss out on him, it's like saying we missed out on Ronaldo, the guy was never possible for us really.

I only watched the first half and thiught it was good.. Ashley young was good.. Best player in the first half i thought..

Thing is with these friendlies this is what we need, forget ya roonies and ya ferdinands.. Maybe in the next one add a few blackpool players in the mix?

Archived