BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] name and shame

Dont let this be taken over by the lets public trtansport and walk everywhere brigade.

As everyone knows the cost odf fuel is stupid these days,lets help everyone out a bit and name the greed merchants and if you want where the cheap stuff is,......

Why in gods name does anyone buy fuel from devaspeed or the arches or whatever greedy name it is these days???

£1.44 a litre...=RIP OFF

:wacko:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a look at this

here

If you are concerned about the price of fuel (which is something you probably can't do anything about)then you may like to take some hints & tips about using less of it.

Grumbling about the cost of fuel & driving at 80mph on the motorway is probably the driving equivalent of an oxymoron.

Colin

because (not sure of official %) approx 75% of it goes on tax? do you pay what we pay Jack? seriously doubt it.

It now costs me 20 pound a tank more for a fill up than it it did 18 months ago. colin read start of thread its not about driving speeds etc this thread is showing the exploiters .

The Arches? :huh: Is that the garage at Feniscowles Abbey? If it is the garage you`re on about, it`s been the most expensive in Blackburn for ages! I simply refuse to even go near the place & i once (few months ago) sent out a mass text to all my mates telling them to boycott it.

The only way some places will learn is to HIGHLIGHT & shame them.

The fuel consumption in my job has gone from £80 a week two years ago, to approaching £120 a week now. It`s unsustainable & i`m thinking of getting out the game.

thats the one pal....on budget day they put the price up by 2p at 11am then the in the afternoon they dropped it a penny and put up again the day after.Theres no excuse, tesco and asda are cheapest but the other texaco at grimshaw park is usually kept to within asdas prices.

thats the one pal....on budget day they put the price up by 2p at 11am then the in the afternoon they dropped it a penny and put up again the day after.Theres no excuse, tesco and asda are cheapest but the other texaco at grimshaw park is usually kept to within asdas prices.

Fuel costs are awful here too and I live in the middle of nowhere so I need a car. There is a local Texaco that is as cheap as Tesco, and also a local independant at the same price on the opposite side of the road so getting fuel is easy. But the tax is killing us and I assume the petrol stations get a lot of grief over it. It is not their fault.

At the prices we pay now I think they should at least abolish Road tax. By the looks of the roads here it does not go towards the cost of maintenance anyway. :angry2:

because (not sure of official %) approx 75% of it goes on tax? do you pay what we pay Jack? seriously doubt it.

It now costs me 20 pound a tank more for a fill up than it it did 18 months ago. colin read start of thread its not about driving speeds etc this thread is showing the exploiters .

I definitely pay much less than you for fuel. 90p on my little island, 80p or so in the rest of New Jersey, I think. And people here complain as loudly as anywhere else.

colin read start of thread its not about driving speeds etc this thread is showing the exploiters .

I know. I'm just trying to help a bit with alternatives.

Cheers

Colin

At the prices we pay now I think they should at least abolish Road tax. By the looks of the roads here it does not go towards the cost of maintenance anyway. :angry2:

Here you go, sorted out as quick as you like.

road tax has been abolished

Now I want to see a really happy smiley symbol from you.

THe thing that gets me is that fuel tax is fine if the public transport is good to act as an alternative. But public transport is absolutely exorbitant (at least in the SE).

I cycle in London and it saves 1.5k a year. When you compare the cost of travel - car, metro/tube, train - in the UK to the rest of the developed world it is hard to explain why it is so much more expensive here.

I know what you mean about public transport!! :blink:

My car was is the garage a month or so back, so i got the bus into town.....it cost £1.90 :o for a journey of less than a mile & half!!! (i know i could`ve walked, but it was shedding it down & i was running late)

Back onto the subject of fuel, my mate is a lorry driver & says he used to fuel up a full tank for around £300. Now it`s approaching £500 a tank. All these extra costs are being put onto everything we buy in the shops, as nearly everything is delivered by road.

Face it, everything we require to operate on a daily basis is going to be taxed. The most annoying thing is the 75% tax we pay per litre but i personally don't think petrol is that expensive.

It is a product that is deminishing and a litre of bottled water is around the same price; put the process of creating a litre of petrol against a bottle of water and it's a good deal.

HOWEVER, the main problem with petrol prices is the fact they are not fair!!!! The price of oil goes up and within an hour we are paying it; the cost goes down and NO price reduction is passed on.

With regards to the Feniscowles garage. I will never fill up there again. I live just down the road and he is the most expenisve, he runs successful businesses out by quadrupling their rent if they are seen to be doing well and on at least 5 occasions in the past month i heave heard that it has had no petrol to even sell at its inflated prices.

I use Asda now. On the plus side i used to use a full tank of petrol a week for work (£60) but with a new job it will now cost me around £25 :D

Road Tax - THIS IS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES NOW. The state of the roads is beyond a joke and has actually caused damage to my car. Preston Old Road is a joke, to be honest the whole of Blackburn is.

Take, take, take - give back nothing!

Dont let this be taken over by the lets public trtansport and walk everywhere brigade.

As everyone knows the cost odf fuel is stupid these days,lets help everyone out a bit and name the greed merchants and if you want where the cheap stuff is,......

Why in gods name does anyone buy fuel from devaspeed or the arches or whatever greedy name it is these days???

£1.44 a litre...=RIP OFF

:wacko:

Things are never as simple as they sometimes appear Abbey. I don't know the situation at Feni but in defence of some fuel retailers I've been informed in the past that filling stations dedicated (those who effectively have sold their souls) to one fuel company / supermarkets or large fuel retailers like local and rather sinister imo eurogarages buy fuel at a significant discount whereas the smaller independent one man band, filling stations get ripped off and end up paying as much as 10ppl more! This has to be passed on and this is why we have seen so many of the smaller garages and particularly those in rural areas closed down. The fuel companies must share much of the blame but a significant amount is our fault for putting just enough in the tank at the small retailer to get us to the next supermarket that runs fuel on a loss leader basis...... :rolleyes: Note that if the smaller garages had been making as much money as you are suggesting logic dictates that they'd surely still be open.

EDIT.right on cue.. Vintage Adidas's post above is perfect example of this effect. It's a Gellert the faithful dog situation. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelert

A similar situation to the demise of the milkman and the increased reliance on milk sold as supermarket loss leader too.

It's like the exact opposite of operating a free house pub where the same beer beer from the same brewery can be bought on the open market much cheaper than the tenant of a pub tied to that brewery can buy it at. Check out Witherspoons and you'll find their prices incredible. Check out too the cheap beer on offer at the Petre Arms at Langho. Yet the poor old tenant presiding over one man and his dog in the local for 6 nights a week is accused of ripping everybody off. :rolleyes:

It happens all the time in a variety of businesses where Big Brother trading tactics are employed. Take the car trade competition laws that you can have your new car serviced at any accredited motor mechanics to save a bob or two BUT that the manufacturers warranty insists that only genuine manufacturer sourced parts are used. Any different and the warranty is usually invalidated. One effect of this is that directly concerned me is that the VW and audi dealerships in town are offering all sorts of cheap service deals where once they charged £70 per hour or so. I'd not be suprised to find most dealerships are following suit.

Basically big business and the supermarkets are manipulating and trampling all over us and all over our way of life too in the pursuit of ever increasing profit generation. We could stop it but do we care enough about the welfare of the 'local chap' to actually want to? The answer is obviously NO, the short term gain and inevitable long term loss 'ees betta ees cheepa' doctrine has unfortunately snared us all to some degree.

Archived