BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(CF) Papiss Cisse

aXept

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Immense signing for Newcastle.. gutted and shows that the prices mentioned in the summer where utter fiction. He is the sort of signing that could have saved our season and well worth 8m. I also doubt that Newcastle are paying 75k a week as was mentioned in the summer.

Selling Carrol, bringing in Cabaye, Cisse, Ben Arfa and BA. Best piece of transfer business in a long time.

Yep amazing business if only we could have done similar.. certainly a change for Newcastle who had a run of bad transfers over the years, pardew has really gone up in my estimation just for these transfers alone.

Immense signing for Newcastle.. gutted and shows that the prices mentioned in the summer where utter fiction.

Not sure what you mean.

Pardew: ""nfortunately he was out of reach, financially, for us in the summer, but it recently became apparent that Derek Llambias and Lee Charnley could do the deal in this window."

That pretty much confirms he was significantly more expensive in the summer. The article suggests he has gone for around £10 million and Newcastle were quoted £14 million back then.

Not sure what you mean.

Pardew: "Unfortunately he was out of reach, financially, for us in the summer, but it recently became apparent that Derek Llambias and Lee Charnley could do the deal in this window."

That pretty much confirms he was significantly more expensive in the summer. The article suggests he has gone for around £10 million and Newcastle were quoted £14 million back then.

:) Hadnt read that article, had read the I newspaper article and others that quoted 8m (rising to 10m) not the 12-14m from the summer but they didnt have Pardews quotes. Either way that quote could just mean that Lee has more funds to play with this Jan, I find it mighty strange that they would drop his price by 25-30% after the start to the season he has had.

However I was also referring to the price in general and it is already quoted that he accepted around 40k pw.. which is a long way from the 65-75k pw wages quoted in the summer so my point still stands I doubt he suddenly decided that he wanted a wage almost half of that he apparently asked for in the summer.

Seems odd to me all round that he was 12m and 65-75k a week in the summer for one seasons worth of results in the league.. then 8m with addons and 40k pw after proving he wasnt just a one season wonder.

• 2 weeks later...

Stunning goal by this lad at the weekend against villa.

Literally arrowed a left footed volley into the top corner from the edge of the box after controlling on his chest for those who didn't see it.

Absolutely unsave-able

Literally arrowed a left footed volley into the top corner from the edge of the box after controlling on his chest for those who didn't see it.

Absolutely unsave-able

You don't save those.

Absolutely unsave-able

On his weaker foot too Im told

Archived