SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(CF) Papiss Cisse

aXept

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Cisse.

His wages are already huge...and he will not be coming for less, especially when there is major interest elsewhere.

The size of that salary is a 'shock' - as are the other extras - but you only find them out when you [a] know what you have to spend and speak to the people who look after him.

[a] only became known when you stayed up and then added the sale of Phil Jones to the kitty and has only just been established.

It is clearly a lot of money. The past few days have confirmed that salaries have gone mental for top strikers. You only really find that out when you chase good ones - and in ALL cases just now there are other clubs out there competing for these targets.

From what I gather Vucinic's complete package and fee plus the amount of opposition about has just about ruled him out. Another top European striker has also been scrubbed from the list. Others have been looked into, investigated in full and are now being weighed up with the help of calculators.

There are some new names whose availability have come up...and maybe at a good time.

Got to say that the last week has been as crazy as I have ever heard it at this club. An awful lot of inquiries, some cracking names.

But it is about signing people and delivering.

Major test. However you have a fighting chance and won't be giving up easily.

EVERY player you have asked about is over-priced. So the top people are going to have to swallow it and get spending. I am sure the cost of this whole exercise is MUCH more than anyone expected.

But that is Premier League football in the summer of 2011.

as posted in the Transfer Thread

from link above-"Tottenham are plotting to rival Blackburn Rovers attempts to sign Papiss Cisse, after the Edwood Park outfit made a fresh bid for the striker"

Edwood Park its got a kinda royal ring too it!,

Spurs get linked to everyone as rent a quote will talk to anyone in the press just to keep them onside

Too Slow?

If we don't buy him for genuine reasons like too expensive or he doesn't want to come to Rovers then fair enough.

But if we lose out for being too slow to table a bid there have to be serious questions asked.

Come on Rovers!! Get some bids in!!

Agent doing his job. He sounds like a real deal but if we there is even better coming it´s worth for wait few days longer.

its odd that nicko stated that cisse was on big wages when if you take into the fact he only signed for Freiburg mid way through the 2009/2010 season from FC Metz, a team in the french secound league. why would Freiburg who are at most, a mid table side in the bundesliga sign a striker from a french secound divison side and offer him a big wage packet. it just doesn't add up to me. German clubs are known to have modest wage bills, that why they are able to offer fans good priced tickets. even the top german clubs have reasonable ticket prices. i cant see cisse being on anything over 30k at freiburg.

its like us signing jay bothroyd, a proven goal scorer in the championship and offering him 30k plus a week, it just wouldn't happen.

Nicko said he was already on very big wages at Frieburg so I doubt it!

One agent says one thing, another another, so we have a split decision. you doubt it by all means, meanwhile the realists of this world will keep an open mind as to how much over the odds these signings are going to cost us.

Same with Piatti lets see how much more than Udinese we have to pay him.

Archived