BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(CF) Papiss Cisse

aXept

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the one that I really want. Think he has everything we need in a striker. Now if we could really push the boat out and get cardozo as well then we really could have a strike force to push is into the top half of the table... and maybe beyond.

Exciting times ahead.

I love the goal in those clips where there a mess of players falling around him but he takes the calmest touch and volleys it in.

Also, I like that he scored 8 in 16 matches for Metz then moved to Freiburg and scored 6 in 16. Seems like the guy settles in quickly

Same amount of goals in the Bundesliga as Dzeko in 2010 and that when playing for an inferior team. Dzeko went for £27m.

Impressive seing him with more goals than

Cacau

Huntelaar

Grafite

Podolski

All players I would love to have at Rovers.

£12m for Papiss Cisse sounds like a good deal.

thing is IF we sign him do we go out and buy another striker or put him along side the likes of JRob, Rochina and the elusive Benjani...

just wonder who the other 3 players/agents are that we have "gentlemans agreements with"

I think we will then have the luxury to to use Cisse along side the likes of Hoilett, Olsson, Rochina, Kalinic, Roberts, Formica etc

4-2-3-1

Jones - nzonzi

Hoilett - Rochina - Olsson

Cisse

I like the look of that.

I think we will then have the luxury to to use Cisse along side the likes of Hoilett, Olsson, Rochina, Kalinic, Roberts, Formica etc

4-2-3-1

Jones - nzonzi

Hoilett - Rochina - Olsson

Cisse

I like the look of that.

I think we would let goals in with no back four or a keeper!!!! :brfcsmilie:

Only messing. That looks quality. Along with the Russian RB, Nelson/Hanley, Samba & Givet

its a real shame Kean and EHD dont see eye to eye with EHD being a retired Senegal international who likes the high life and is always out in Manchester. Kean could have used EHD to help Cisse settle into East Lancashire. Possibly still could

or sign patrick viera on a free! :P:lol:

article on cisse in todays daily mail... very insightful.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2007547/Blackburn-offer-12m-Freiburg-striker-Papiss-Cisse.html :rock:

If this is our less expensive signing when it comes to attackers (which of course won't automatically make him weaker than the one we really push the boat out for) then Kalinic is really gonna struggle to get into the first team considering who he had fallen behind last season.

I'd be very happy if this came off and with Nicko's continued insistence that this money is not debt money I'd certainly have room for more optimism. I'm sure people will find negatives but if this was to come off I don't really care. Enough people will realise that Venky's mean business. If he doesn't come in then on to the next target. It'll bring the nay'sayers out but for me it's nice to see that we are looking at players such as this.

There's some shocking defending in quite a few of those clips,

there's shocking defending in the premier league week in and week out! ;)

standard has dropped dramatically in the last few seasons.

the shocking defending is really what made last seasons prem so unpredictable and exciting.

its a real shame Kean and EHD dont see eye to eye with EHD being a retired Senegal international who likes the high life and is always out in Manchester. Kean could have used EHD to help Cisse settle into East Lancashire. Possibly still could

lol Not sure introducing him to the Manchester nightlife and a headstrong player who does not get on with the manager is a great idea.

In regards to comparing his stats with last seasons Bundes chaps, not sure that they are a totally accurate reflection, e.g. Huntelaar (injured only played 24), Cacau (injured), Robben(just 12 goals in 14 games), Podolski (has had a very poor run of seasons.. only scored 18 goals in the 4 seaons prior to the last), Grafite (coming to the end of his career, Raul (similar)..

Still think he is a very very good player mind, very much a goal poacher but would not overstate his ability.

Archived