BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Advanced Fantasy Football

Eddie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like 19/20 spots filled if I have counted correctly.

Will post the scoring system on here in a bit after I have typed it out and it will be open to suggestions and changes, but the idea will be to have the real life performance mirrored in how many points are awarded to the player.

How does a draft this evening work for everyone?

If not we can simply start drafting in here and have everyone post when their turn comes up, but that would mean that all of those taking part would have to be checking back fairly regularly over the next 24 hours.

Could we use the forum chat room Eddie?

Could do if it is up and working.

Should we aim for 7PM UK time then? Does that work for everyone?

For the those that can't make it we will use common sense to pick the highest valued player, but it might be a good idea to PM me a few players who you would really like to have and maybe put a round you would expect to draft them (so say that you particularly liked Jason Roberts you could tell me that you would like to draft Roberts from the 4th round onwards and, if he is available in that round, I would make sure to pick him for you). Worth thinking about that once I have selected the order, as you'd have a better idea of who would be available for you once you know what picks you have.

I'll post the scoring system early this afternoon and post the draft order at the same time.

Eddie how are you determining the order of the draft?

Also are we allowed to make unlimited transfers with both the other times and the free agent pool? Presumably we will be able to trade an injured player with a player that hasn't been chosen by any of the 20 teams? I know from what you originally said we will have a squad to rotate but to use your example Jason Roberts got injured for the rest of the season are we fine to transfer him out?

I may be able to make the start of the draft but probably not the whole thing so would I be alright to send you a list of players and then you just pick the highest ranked one on the list for my draft pick based on who's left and what positions I need to fill.

Cheers.. sounds good all this.

You'd be free to pick up anyone from the free agent pool, although perhaps it might be good to limit it to say 2 moves per week to avoid a ridiculous amount of turnover and speculative additions.

I'll just draw all of the names from a hat in a bit.

Right so the scoring system is as follows:

For Outfield Players Only:

8 points for every first goal from open player or a freekick.

10 points for every goal after that from open play or a freekick.

5 points for converting a penalty.

-10 points for missing a penalty.

.5 points awarded for every shot on target.

-.5 points for every shot off target.

8 points for every assist from open play or from a freekick.

5 points from an assist directly form a corner.

1 point for every completed pass.

-.5 point for every unsuccessful pass.

+1 points for every tackle.

-1 points for every foul.

-3 points for every yellow card.

-10 points for every red card.

-10 points for giving away a penalty.

+5 points for MOTM award (not the sponsors MOTM).

For Goalkeepers Only

1 point for every save.

10 points for saving a penalty (MISSED PENALTIES DO NOT COUNT AS SAVES).

-3 points for the first goal conceded.

-4 points for the second goal conceded.

-5 poins for every goal after that.

The scores add together...so for example scoring a goal is actually worth 10.5 points (10 points for the goal and .5 for the shot on target) and saving a penalty is actually worth 11 points (10 points for the saved penalty and 1 point for the save).

IMPORTANT NOTE: The scoring system may need a week or two to completely sort out and make sure that good and bad performances are properly reflected in the scores, but this gives everyone a general idea of how it will work heading into the draft.

If there any suggestion for changes that can be made or statistics that can be added then just let me know on here.

You can pick any formation that you like, apart from the fact that you have to have 10 outfield players.

I suppose that you should be limited to 'standard formations' (442, 352, 532, 4411, 451, 433, etc.). Nothing crazy.

• Backroom

Damn, just realised I may not be here for the draft tonight :(

If anyone wants to take my place that's fine, unless I employ Tony Parkes for the night

I could be completely shot down with this idea but...

Would it not make more sense to hold the draft on Sunday? A lot more people are likely to be in and free to be online on a Sunday night than a Friday night.. I know we would have to either scrap the first gameweek then or add the scores afterwards (although then some draft picks may come with an unfair points advantage).

If most people are free and happy to do it tonight then please carry on and I'll juggle what I'm given.

btw Eddie did you get my PM?

Right here is the draft order (drawn from a hat)

1. BRST

2. 67 Splitscreen

3. Ralfinho

4. Eddie

5. Seggie

6. Ackroyd 75

7. John-Rover

8. Abbey

9. Tom M

10. MISSING TEAM

11. Fernhurst Rover

12. Niggit

13. lr 526

14. Roverdale

15. Helda Carite

16. Madon

17. Ricky

18. Goodwillie Style

19. Roversnick

20. Bignuts.

If people would like to hold the draft on Sunday it is fine by me, I am free either time. We can retroactively figure out the scores and realistically the results from the first week are unlikely to have a major impact on the result for the entire season.

..and yes I did get your PM.

Right here is the draft order (drawn from a hat)

1. BRST

2. 67 Splitscreen

3. Ralfinho

4. Eddie

5. Seggie

6. Ackroyd 75

7. John-Rover

8. Abbey

9. Tom M

10. MISSING TEAM

11. Fernhurst Rover

12. Niggit

13. lr 526

14. Roverdale

15. Helda Carite

16. Madon

17. Ricky

18. Goodwillie Style

19. Roversnick

20. Bignuts.

If people would like to hold the draft on Sunday it is fine by me, I am free either time. We can retroactively figure out the scores and realistically the results from the first week are unlikely to have a major impact on the result for the entire season.

..and yes I did get your PM.

It's supposed to be 1 word!!!

Right so the scoring system is as follows:

For Outfield Players Only:

8 points for every first goal from open player or a freekick.

10 points for every goal after that from open play or a freekick.

5 points for converting a penalty.

-10 points for missing a penalty.

.5 points awarded for every shot on target.

-.5 points for every shot off target.

8 points for every assist from open play or from a freekick.

5 points from an assist directly form a corner.

1 point for every completed pass.

-.5 point for every unsuccessful pass.

+1 points for every tackle.

-1 points for every foul.

-3 points for every yellow card.

-10 points for every red card.

-10 points for giving away a penalty.

+5 points for MOTM award (not the sponsors MOTM).

For Goalkeepers Only

1 point for every save.

10 points for saving a penalty (MISSED PENALTIES DO NOT COUNT AS SAVES).

-3 points for the first goal conceded.

-4 points for the second goal conceded.

-5 poins for every goal after that.

The scores add together...so for example scoring a goal is actually worth 10.5 points (10 points for the goal and .5 for the shot on target) and saving a penalty is actually worth 11 points (10 points for the saved penalty and 1 point for the save).

IMPORTANT NOTE: The scoring system may need a week or two to completely sort out and make sure that good and bad performances are properly reflected in the scores, but this gives everyone a general idea of how it will work heading into the draft.

If there any suggestion for changes that can be made or statistics that can be added then just let me know on here.

That bit in bold ... are you really going to build some bespoke database or spreadsheet and manage all this "in house" Eddie?

That means, for 38 weeks, week-in-week-out, 20 BRFCS members AFF teams to process scores for, that's at least 220 players stats EVERY week, in a league where there are 760 games to be played this season.

And your scoring system goes down to the detail of completed passes and even incomplete passes, fouls, and even differentiates between assists that were corners and those that weren't!

I hope you ( a ) have defined a single non-disputable source for all this data, and ( b ) have a lot of time on your hands to then process it all into your league.

Archived