BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Advanced Fantasy Football

Eddie

That bit in bold ... are you really going to build some bespoke database or spreadsheet and manage all this "in house" Eddie?

That means, for 38 weeks, week-in-week-out, 20 BRFCS members AFF teams to process scores for, that's at least 220 players stats EVERY week, in a league where there are 760 games to be played this season.

And your scoring system goes down to the detail of completed passes and even incomplete passes, fouls, and even differentiates between assists that were corners and those that weren't!

I hope you ( a ) have defined a single non-disputable source for all this data, and ( b ) have a lot of time on your hands to then process it all into your league.

Why thank you Tris, it's nice to see you crawl out of the woodwork to be critical of me in a thread that you have not posted in before.

I'll use the same sources the entire time, although I am still taking suggestions on a site that provides all of the necessary information in one go.

I've worked out similar things in other sports and it actually takes surprisingly little time and with a little bit of work on the Sunday/Monday/Tuesday I should be able to have the results for the week out every Wednesday.

The other important thing to note is that each team will have 38 fixtures and not simply a week versus an opponent even if there are multiple games. To make the scheduling for easier I will match each fantasy team up to a real life team, although we have to be careful not to actually post the real life fixtures as we don't have the rights.

I may not be here on Sunday, so can i pm you some player i may want?

You certainly can. Just list the players that you like and the rounds around when you would expect to select them.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why thank you Tris, it's nice to see you crawl out of the woodwork to be critical of me in a thread that you have not posted in before.

I'll use the same sources the entire time, although I am still taking suggestions on a site that provides all of the necessary information in one go.

I've worked out similar things in other sports and it actually takes surprisingly little time and with a little bit of work on the Sunday/Monday/Tuesday I should be able to have the results for the week out every Wednesday.

It's constructive criticism Eddie ... you might want to recall the monthly betting competition you started (10 quid to play with, see who makes the most during the month). You never had time to do the spreadsheets.

It's constructive criticism Eddie ... you might want to recall the monthly betting competition you started (10 quid to play with, see who makes the most during the month). You never had time to do the spreadsheets.

The problem with that was that people often weren't posting the odds that they were getting and that it took far too much time for me to look up the prices and then work it out. It's a bit easier when it is simply copying and pasting statistics from a site.

Well if everyone can post the day and times that they are free over the next week then we can try and work it out. I am free every evening up until Thursday.

STILL ONE SPOT LEFT.

OK. So say Tuesday at 7 for the moment. Is there anyone unavailable then?

Tuesday sounds good - also gives everyone a bit more idea of how teams are going to shape up. This sounds a really good idea!

tuesday at 7 is good for me

thanks for taking the time to organise this eddie

couple of questions

will the players be allocated values, will we have a max budget?

how will transfers be done? will you act as admin and they all go through you eddie?

is there a maximum number of players from each team (i.e. max of 3 rovers players)?

Should be on for tonight still, haven't had anyone dropping out yet. Try to get into the chat room at around 6:50UK time and we wil see how many turn up.

tuesday at 7 is good for me

thanks for taking the time to organise this eddie

couple of questions

will the players be allocated values, will we have a max budget?

how will transfers be done? will you act as admin and they all go through you eddie?

is there a maximum number of players from each team (i.e. max of 3 rovers players)?

I believe that I forgot to write in one other part of the scoring system:

Own goals: -10 points.

Players won't be allocated values. Free agents can simply be picked up on a first come first serve basis (although we had spoken about the idea of say 2 changes per week).

Transfers will have to be trades agreed between any of the team 'owners'. I'll keep the rosters posted on here and will change them accordingly.

I see no reason to limit how many players from each team that you can have. The draft will give every player an equal chance to get players, so if you want them you can just take them.

Still looking for a site that posts all of the individual statistics on the same place (so that it saves me a bit of time in not having to move from site to site). If anyone knows of one then please post it on here.

Archived