BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(CB) George John

CaliRoverNYC

just watched that video on the 1st page and it lokks like he gets turned very easily by inferior players. most of his tackles are last ditch. hopefully he is better than what i perceived him to be

Well to be fair that is a highlight reel, and just as it doesn't show the times he gets beat, it also doesnt show the times he comfortably does his job. naturally a last ditch tackle is more of a highlight than closing down on a forward and forcing him to pass away. (so just as we learned with Villanueva you can't take too much from highlight reels)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another total no hoper. He is 24 and hasn't even played for the USA yet! Why aren't we trying to bring in people whon have some experience of our league and might be able to fit straight in rather than these novices. I just don't believe that there isn't anyone in England who is good enough. Whoever we are getting our leads from now I don't know but the club needs to start emplying some SCOUTS who can source our own players and not necessarily ones that play on the other side of the world.

Hope it falls through.

Do you watch the MLS often McClarkey? If not then how can you make such a judgement? Ian Wright had only just turned pro around that age, Ryan Nelsen comes from a country where football is the equivilent of real tennis here in terms of popularity and he came from the MLS. I'm sure Freddy Adu appeared for the US team aged 12 or something, but where is he now?

He may indeed turn out to be crap, but don't dismiss him out of hand. He may be the next Samba/Nelsen/Hendry.

Another total no hoper. He is 24 and hasn't even played for the USA yet! Why aren't we trying to bring in people whon have some experience of our league and might be able to fit straight in rather than these novices. I just don't believe that there isn't anyone in England who is good enough. Whoever we are getting our leads from now I don't know but the club needs to start emplying some SCOUTS who can source our own players and not necessarily ones that play on the other side of the world.

Hope it falls through.

The scouts are not being listened to!!

Of course they're not kelbo, how would they give any input into buying football players, assembling a squad etc. They're too busy making weird knots, pitching tents and cooking beans to go watching games and analysisng players. You'll be expecting the opinions of the WI on our formation to be given credence next.

So the LT's story was exactly that of other sites - about him having to go to Greece to pick up a passport.....Which I think we found out about a week ago, its how he would get a visa.

It also says the line about it not being complete yet and that we want OTHER defenders, including a PERMANENT deal for Onouha

Hope it falls through.

FC Dallas supporters seem to think losing him is the end of their season, and let me stress again that he has been fought over by both the US and Greek national teams. I expect him to be capped by Jurgen in september.

FC Dallas supporters seem to think losing him is the end of their season, and let me stress again that he has been fought over by both the US and Greek national teams. I expect him to be capped by Jurgen in september.

I've seen John play in person and he's really quite good.

The US has had all kinds of weird issues at Center Back, and so I don't take his lack of caps as an issue. Bradley had issues with using too many retread players and not bringing in enough youth. Klinnsman got the job less than a week before his first friendly, so didn't have a lot of opportunity to bring in new players. I really don't give his lack of caps much credence. His lateral movement is a big faulty; hopefully he can improve. Still, he's big, quick, gets stuck in - even if he's just a squad CB, that's exactly what you want, and he was cheap. He may not be the next Samba, but as long as he can plug a hole I think this is a good bit of business.

I'm sure Freddy Adu appeared for the US team aged 12 or something, but where is he now?

For the record, Adu just left Aris in Greece and came back to the MLS, and he's now 21 or 22. :)

And I don't think he appeared for the full USA NT until 16 or 17! :P

The US has had all kinds of weird issues at Center Back, and so I don't take his lack of caps as an issue.

I agree here. Bocanegra is the captain and constant for the team, he's had a (usually) central D spot on lockdown. The 2nd spot either went to an experienced hand for "big" games, or one of the other 3-4 young CD projects out there, who are a tad ahead of John in the eyes of the old NT setup (Ream, Gonzalez, Goodson, mostly)

The fact that he's 24 should not be an issue - pretty much all US defenders go through the collegiate system and don't go pro until age 22 or 23. Generally only particularly skillful attacking players join MLS or foreign teams as youngsters.

I've seen George John play for the University of Washington and for FC Dallas. He's a solid player and, when paired with Samba, may well shore up some of Blackburn's defensive problems. Or so is the hope.

At the moment; Samba is our defensive problem :unsure:

If Samba stays, then all we do is put Nzonzi at the near post, Petrovic at the back post, and Samba and John covering the middle. Some tall players in our squad, and hopefully this will make us stronger in both defence and attack

At £1 million Kean claims John can be a like replacement for a defender who is worth almost £20 million.

Not having a quality CB available in the opening game arguably cost us 3 points and Hanley probably cost us at least a point at villa.

So a winnable 4 points. with 4 extra points last season Blackburn could have finished 10th not 15th.

At approx £800,000 those four points could easily have cost £3.2 million this season or even PL status.

So I hope Kean thinks it was worth waiting to get the fee down and saving a few pennies, maybe he saved maybe 500k, maybe £1 million but was that worth it for 4 lost points and more national embarrassment.

Get him match fit and he's one of the best in the prem, for me.

i think he means, that because Samba is out, we are defensively suspect at the back. Or, if Samba is playing possum, and wanting to leave, then again he is the cause of defensive problems. We know he is good, but he is not making it easy for us at the moment

Well, the 'US legend' Alexi Lalas certainly rates him;

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/mirror-football-blog/MLS-Alexi-Lalas-Goals-gossip-and-news-Blackburn-transfer-George-John-FC-Dallas-Ryan-Nelsen-article789909.html

I have a sneaky feeling this guy could turn out to be very good for us...

Hope he's signed up tomorrow

His hair is legendary.

lalas_5otb.jpg

Yes, please.

Archived