BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(CB) George John

CaliRoverNYC

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks powerful in the air and very determined on that video.

Does anyone know anything about him? Wiki says he can play defensive midfield. If he can do a decent job there then he might play quite a few games this season (if we sign him).

Cant really say a lot about this guy because I have'nt seen him play but a few things you can see from his videos look quite promising, His determination as someone posted earlier looks very good, he looks a force in the air, his positional sense looks good and seems to time his tackles very well, but the one thing that stood out for me was him staying on his feet and using his body to force them away from goal.

Of course this may be all good and well if he cant make the step up to the prem but one thing is for sure he certainly looks to have all the basics a good centre half needs, may well be a really good find in respects to him only having one year left on his contract and the fact that he can apply for a greek passport so no probs for a permit.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for this chap as I have a good feeling about him.

Cant really say a lot about this guy because I have'nt seen him play but a few things you can see from his videos look quite promising, His determination as someone posted earlier looks very good, he looks a force in the air, his positional sense looks good and seems to time his tackles very well, but the one thing that stood out for me was him staying on his feet and using his body to force them away from goal.

Beerwins,

Some of the lads I had in my youth team went out to the States on Soccer scholorships, they all say the same things, tackling is frowned upon and the Refs over there seem to blow up for any contact, Ben Callan ( Rishton lad) will verify that, he played over there for New Orleans along with Stopforth, ex Rovers reserve skipper.

Anyone know those lads will tell you much more about the physical side of the game in the USA!

Beerwins,

Some of the lads I had in my youth team went out to the States on Soccer scholorships, they all say the same things, tackling is frowned upon and the Refs over there seem to blow up for any contact, Ben Callan ( Rishton lad) will verify that, he played over there for New Orleans along with Stopforth, ex Rovers reserve skipper.

Anyone know those lads will tell you much more about the physical side of the game in the USA!

Well it sounds the perfect sort of training to prepare players for the prem then, diving in is the worst thing any defender can do and I am always amazed when any player does it (Salgado V Wolves being most recent)

I have always played football as a defender for maybe 20 years only at amatuer level but always prided myself on making it impossible for my marker to pass me or get a shot away by simply just keeping myself goalside.

The prem league is fast becoming non contact and any defender who has already trained in the way they teach in the states would probably have a step up for playing in the prem.

Archived