BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(CB) George John

CaliRoverNYC

FC Dallas President and CEO Doug Quinn said. "Blackburn had significant interest in acquiring George; however, for the time being, they decided not to finalize the deal.

Is this about finances or something else, like having found a better target? I sincerely hope the latter is closest to the truth, we desperately need another center back with or without Samba leaving.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

according to nicko, we have no money to bring this guy or a proper striker in, bad days ahead indeed.

Now I am confused - Nicko says there is bad news - and will be part of his 11 o'clocker. He does refer to finance problems - but I thought he was referring to the old news around the loan.

another bizzare tranfer collapse, similarities to the pavone collapse!

i was really liking the look of this player aswell(unlike pavone), seemed like a good deal all around, what the frigs goin on, theres no signs of any other player/s coming in and theres only 2 days left to go and i cant see blackburn making any last minute signings on transfer day because it seems to take them an average of 2 weeks to seal a deal.

If I was this guy and the deal fell through I'd tell the world why! Wouldn't any of you?

He has travelled from USA to Greece to get a passport and then the deal falls through??

What is going on, if it's the clubs fault then why hasn't George John come out and said what a joke we are!

maybe george did a little research on the current statr of affairs at brfc and didnt like the look of things, hes young and i think his contract expires soon so doesnt need to leave his current club in any hurry and im sure there will be plenty of other european clubs chasing him now they know hes available.

You really think that an uncapped defender from the MLS who earns less in a year than some of our players earn in a week is going to turn down the chance to play in the premier league?

99% of the members on here hadn't even head of George John two weeks ago, but now that we haven't completed the deal it has immediately turned into a catastrophic mistake.

You really think that an uncapped defender from the MLS who earns less in a year than some of our players earn in a week is going to turn down the chance to play in the premier league?

99% of the members on here hadn't even head of George John two weeks ago, but now that we haven't completed the deal it has immediately turned into a catastrophic mistake.

Thats exactly correct Eddie and I know a few lads playing over there in the states and they werent over enthusiastic about him!!

Its not a catastophic mistake, but If we don't bring in a CB I think we could be in trouble, you are right that a guy making 42,000 dollars a year wouldn't turn down rovers. So basically we are asking why did the deal fall through? is Kean getting the sack or are we so broke that we can't afford a guy that is on 42,000 a year?

According to others on Vital, his demands were to high, now I doubt that when we look at what Rochina is on but without the facts ...........

According to Nicko, Onuoha had a slim chance of a loan deal.

Maybe whoever is running the show has said leave John for now, not forgetting his contract runs out in a year, make a firm offer for Onuoha before Coyle gets his hands on enough brass to buy him.

eeerr yes.

hes got some good publicity out of it so plenty of european clubs will be following him now and when his contracts up he can move on a free and pick up a higher signing on fee and higher wages bcause there was no transfer fee involved.

or maybe

mrs.D has found a link between the players agent and j anderson/kentaro and understandably nixed the deal.

Nicko tweeting that he failed a medical and needs an ankle op.

Why didn't the club just say so??

Because its unprofessional and just starts a slanging match like it did with Stoke & Ba?

Either way - Dann or Onouha would be much safer bets if we can get 1 of them

Because its unprofessional and just starts a slanging match like it did with Stoke & Ba?

Either way - Dann or Onouha would be much safer bets if we can get 1 of them

:rover: you think we have a chance of signing any of those 2 :brfcsmilie::blink:

Archived