BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

(CB) George John

CaliRoverNYC

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until 2 minutes ago, I was absolutely sure that George John (oh dear, the prejudices...) was an afro-american. And now I know he isn't (some tall white guy), I don't want us to buy him. He's going to be a massive flop, unless he gets black.

Until 2 minutes ago, I was absolutely sure that George John (oh dear, the prejudices...) was an afro-american. And now I know he isn't (some tall white guy), I don't want us to buy him. He's going to be a massive flop, unless he gets black.

How long is his hair? Would some dodgy drealocks save the day?

Can't see if this has been posted as it's hard to check on the phone but I found this article quite interesting:

http://www.footymatters.com/?p=9294

It's interesting, but then it hasn't been written by a scout.

Those in charge have seen enough in him to buy him, and judging by what we have spent so far we are avoiding as much waste as possible.

It's not about what he's done, it's about what we believe he can do and since money has been sanctioned, I'm happy to see what he can offer.

It's interesting, but then it hasn't been written by a scout.

Those in charge have seen enough in him to buy him, and judging by what we have spent so far we are avoiding as much waste as possible.

It's not about what he's done, it's about what we believe he can do and since money has been sanctioned, I'm happy to see what he can offer

Agree Braddock, wasnt trying to sound negative, am quite pleased with him as a prospect, just the comments about MLS defenders in general was interesting.

Can't see if this has been posted as it's hard to check on the phone but I found this article quite interesting:

http://www.footymatters.com/?p=9294

I would be quite happy with Ignazio Abate!! Not really in the same league as Luke Young.

Shows how much this guy knows.

Sure I read somewhere that so far this season he is the third best player in the MLS or something along those lines. The writer of this forgot to mention that bit...

Agree Braddock, wasnt trying to sound negative, am quite pleased with him as a prospect, just the comments about MLS defenders in general was interesting.

Oh yes, as I said I did find it interesting myself.

Seems to have between written with a strange slant to it. Yes he might not be someone to set pulses racing, but to be honest I prefer it when centre backs don't do that.

I'll take boring and reliable every day thanks, leave the excitement for the top end.

1. As an american footy fan, if there is an american soccer blog ive never heard of before (such as this) i'm somewhat skeptical.

2. Most that really follow the MLS consider John one of the top defenders in the league.

3. The writer seems to think that 2 CB's will carry Rovers through the season. (not likely)

4. The main reason so many American Fans think this came out of nowhere is that he hasn't featured for the national team and until now the process has been (get called to Nats, prove your self, then go to europe)

Everything Ive seen of him makes he think he'll do well for us, but all players need time to adjust to the prem. Also shocked that Jurgan didn't call him in for the US games in sept. maybe this was to allow him to adjust to the prem?

Another total no hoper. He is 24 and hasn't even played for the USA yet! Why aren't we trying to bring in people whon have some experience of our league and might be able to fit straight in rather than these novices. I just don't believe that there isn't anyone in England who is good enough. Whoever we are getting our leads from now I don't know but the club needs to start emplying some SCOUTS who can source our own players and not necessarily ones that play on the other side of the world.

Hope it falls through.

Bet you've never even seen him kick a ball other than you tube. You gleefully write him off, much the same as others did with Nelsen, Friedel, Samba and one or two others. May you end up truly enjoying your humble pie.

Not surprised - if you were thinking of bulleting the manager would you allow him to sign anyone else? I expect no further incomings and can see Kean getting the axe 2nd sept

Not surprised - if you were thinking of bulleting the manager would you allow him to sign anyone else? I expect no further incomings and can see Kean getting the axe 2nd sept

If we're not buying any players, why wait until sept 2nd??? The only reason they'll keep Kean until then is in order to finalise transfer deals before the end of the window. You either fire him now and dont do any business or you do some business and then fire him after Sept 1st.

Or don't buy anymore players, let samba go and then blame on Kean. 2nd sept is figurative to say after the transfer window shuts... Means keans replacement can't spend anymore money until jan

I am actually gutted by this. The lad looked like his had bags of confidence and a huge presence i thought he might have been the next Nelson.

Why?

Have we set up a cheaper loan?

Has the deal been set up and put on hold as back up if we sell Samba i.e pick the phone up and make it happen at last minute.

Anybody??

Has the deal been set up and put on hold as back up if we sell Samba i.e pick the phone up and make it happen at last minute.

Anybody??

Are you serious we agree fee, personal terms allegedly, he flies to Greece for a passport then on to us for a medical, then we send him packing, would you wait for a phone call? :wacko:

I'm beginning to think Nicko and others are correct we have noone at the club capable of organising a free for all in a brothel.

Archived