BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Aid - Play at Ewood Park!

Football Aid 2012 – Play at Ewood Park!

Blackburn Rovers FC have once again joined forces with Football Aid, allowing football fans the opportunity to play on the hallowed turf of Ewood Park in 2012, while raising vital funds for charity at the same time.

Football Aid offers fans the opportunity to Live the Dream of an authentic match day experience; to gain exclusive access to the pitch and tunnel areas, pull on their own personalised shirt in the official changing rooms, walk down the tunnel to the sound of a cheering crowd and ultimately to step out onto their Field of Dreams and represent their club in a never to be forgotten 90 minute match.

The matches have also been supported by a host of Rovers’ legends down the years, with the likes of Kevin Gallagher, Colin Hendry and Mark Atkins all lending their valuable experience in recent years, by playing alongside or managing the supporters in the hugely enjoyable matches at Ewood Park.

Booking your position couldn’t be easier, just visit www.footballaid.com and choose your club, then you’ll have two ways to secure your Fixed Price position: Option 1: ‘Buy Now’ - Our quickest and most popular option, or Option 2: ‘Sponsored to Play’ - Pay a non-refundable £100 deposit to secure your position and then simply pay off the remaining balance anytime before 13th December.

So if you're keen to secure your place on your Field of Dreams early this season, why not visit www.footballaid.com today to make sure you're ahead of the crowd! Alternatively if you’d like any additional information, you can call Football Aid on 0131 220 5999 or email info@footballaid.com.

Football Aid celebrated their 10th anniversary in 2010 and have allowed over 12,225 football fans the chance to Live the Dream in more than 460 matches. They are a groundbreaking organisation which generates funds annually by hosting charity football matches at iconic stadiums all over the UK. The unique concept was the brainchild of businessman and Football Aid Chairman Craig Paterson and funds raised from the event will benefit the work of a charitable project nominated by the club, as well as projects nominated by Football Aid’s parent charity Field of Dreams.

I did this in 2009 and its a an unforgetable day. I was lucky enough to captain the home team and my eldest Daughter Georgia, was the home team Mascot.

Mark Atkins played on the same team as me, whilst Kevin Gallacher was in the opposing teams line up.

Leading the teams out at Ewood Park with the number 9 on my back, and bagging 2 goals, whilst also winning is a moment I will always cherish.

I recommend this to all

Yeah, likewise, I did this in the first ever year (2000) and it was amazing.

If I have spare pennies when this is happening next year, I'll definitely do it - it'd be nice to play in my actual position (GK), so I'll see if I can make it :)

I'd love to do it, bit skint after my car has decided to fall to pieces this weekend!!!

It's a lot of cash tho, £500.00 for 90 minutes!!!

I'm gonna see the bank of wife & see what she says... Just one question???

What's the general standard like???

I play a bit of Combination & Sunday League, but I'm neither fit or young these days!!!

I would like to do it before I get to a state where my lack of fitness means I won't enjoy it though!!!

I'd love to do it, bit skint after my car has decided to fall to pieces this weekend!!!

It's a lot of cash tho, £500.00 for 90 minutes!!!

I'm gonna see the bank of wife & see what she says... Just one question???

What's the general standard like???

I play a bit of Combination & Sunday League, but I'm neither fit or young these days!!!

I would like to do it before I get to a state where my lack of fitness means I won't enjoy it though!!!

The year I played it was was around 30 guys who took part who aged from around 17 to 60, and the standard was not just typical lower division sunday league TBH, there was not daft tackles, and you saw lots of the ball.

Anyone who don't really play football or has not for many years would not feel out of place.

Even Kevin Gallacher can be seen making errors in this video, dunno if you can view it

http://www.facebook.com/groups/192747770748375/?id=270792062943945&ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity#!/photo.php?v=1923531804975&set=t.1142500344&type=2&theater

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1923278558644

Ah, no, that wouldn't have been me Ricky - I remember receiving some photographs shortly after the event, but I never saw a video of that game.

I was right-wing for the home team, with Windy Miller constantly telling me to 'get up and down that wing like Gillespie' :)

Again as others said above, I did this earlier this year. Its an amazing night! We played with it absolutely throwing it down! I scored the first for our team but ended up losing but still an amazing night!

I played in this years game for the away team (winning)!! I scored our 2nd. The weather was unreal wasnt it? I'd recommend this to anyone, brilliant day topped off with scoring in front of the Blackburn end! Class!

When will this match be? After the last home match?

Last year I could not do it, because it took so long time before it got announced.

Hi Sergio,

Unfortunately the date of the event has not been confirmed as of yet. The game will definitely be after the end of the season, what I can say is in the last 3 years the game has fallen on a Monday in the second week of May. But I can not guarantee anything until an official date has been released by the club.

What position are you looking at for the 2012 game?

snip

Hi,

I've tried to sign up to the website but I've not been sent any confirmation e-mails, despite the address I entered being valid. I've also sent a message via your contact form and had no reply. Is there anything I've not done correctly? Want to try and secure the position I want before someone else gets there!

Hi,

I've tried to sign up to the website but I've not been sent any confirmation e-mails, despite the address I entered being valid. I've also sent a message via your contact form and had no reply. Is there anything I've not done correctly? Want to try and secure the position I want before someone else gets there!

You can either contact us at info@footballaid.com or call us on 0131-220-5999 and we will be able to help with this straight away.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi Sergio,

Unfortunately the date of the event has not been confirmed as of yet. The game will definitely be after the end of the season, what I can say is in the last 3 years the game has fallen on a Monday in the second week of May. But I can not guarantee anything until an official date has been released by the club.

What position are you looking at for the 2012 game?

Im not sure yet.

But since I dont live in the UK, I would need to know the date of the event at least more than a month in advance.

Looking forward to it :)

I have done this last 4 years in a row and is a great day

Have played with and against Kevin Gallacher, Mark Atkins, Chris Sulley, Marlon Broomes, Stephen Ireland and Richard Brown.

This year was even more memorable as David Dunn was there watching his old mate Marlon Broomes playing and came in the dressing room and chatted to the lads :)

As others have mentioned this years weather was horrendus and was absoultley chucking it down but did not ruin my enjoyment one bit :)

Archived