BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] No Strength In Depth

Guest Rovers4Good

Maybe Kean just couldn't find the right deal eh? Or maybe his agent couldn't. I mean it's got to be right for everyone after all hasn't it?

What you trying to say Bob? Are you insinuating that we are owned by a bunch of crooks?

How on earth anyone could possibly think that a man who settles out of court when sued for falsifying documents and his sidekick Baldrick could be up to no good?

Beggars belief.

At long last I am finding some people who agree with me.

I have said it before and will say it again. Kean's recruitment policy has been awful, highlighted by the fact that only Yakubu can get a regular start. Our best players remain those at the club when he arrived, which after spending the thick end of 22 million is an absolute joke.

Only two of his signings good enough to start against bottom of the league Wigan? One of them only played due to injury problems elsewhere.

Ove the last 2 years or so our bench at times has looked very strong indeed. Not any longer. Our bench at weekend looked absolutely useless with few options to change a game. Kean's recruitment policy and the way he re-shaped the squad is now being tested to the full

I said from the off that the transfer window was a disaster and copped flak for it! Only a few days ago someone said "the jury's still out" on Petrovic!

There's a big mid-fielder where one is desperately needed and he can't get a game with the side that's next to bottom!

Should he happen to come good next season or whenever, what use is that to us in our present and urgent predicament? Ditto Goodwillie.

How very dare you, no, not at all.I would never come out and say such a thing on this website.

Well I'm glad we got that cleared up. I'm sure Myles father is a fine upstanding citizen and despite all fingers pointing to a good a rap going on at Ewood, I'm certain any man who charges a measly 400% for his services is up-standing and honest.

The major area we needed improving was fullback, the one true fullback we have at the club is Salgado, who at times last season showed that his lack of pace and overall game had declined to a point where he was no longer upto Premier League standard. The left us with Givet (a centreback by trade) and Olsson (most people agree better deployed in midfield) for the left back spot and well ermm nobody for the right-back spot. The emergence of Lowe in the right-back spot was surely more down to luck than any sort of planning of Kean's behalf. Incidentally I've heard good things about Henley and he looked an improvement on Salago in the Wigan game and maybe he can get a run in the side now.

Well I'm glad we got that cleared up. I'm sure Myles father is a fine upstanding citizen and despite all fingers pointing to a good a rap going on at Ewood, I'm certain any man who charges a measly 400% for his services is up-standing and honest.

Absoruddylutely. We should thank our lucky stars that Venkys got involved with them. If they weren't clued up we may well have missed out.

Absoruddylutely. We should thank our lucky stars that Venkys got involved with them. If they weren't clued up we may well have missed out.

Can you imagine having missed out on the Scottish Wayne Rooney? I most certainly can't what a player and Batigol MKII, heaven. I can completely understand why we need a 100 million pound mortgage when we're signing players of this calibre, and to think when we missed out on Vucivec, Witsel, Cisse, Beckham, Ronaldinho, I never for one second thought we'd get anyone better, but we did!

Everyday since Venky's adorned us with their sun-ray driven tenure I have taken my cotton socks to church to be blessed, that's how privileged we truly are.

I tell you now, when that Ribero chap, or whatever his face is, the Dennis Irwin one, well when he's a bit older we'll be laughing. Then there's that Anderson, the next Chris Smalling, that Leyton Orient didn't want. We could sell Samba tomorrow.

At least young Hoillett is playing well, one for the future there.

Still, think of the shirt sales in India! The Season Ticket sales and marketing opportunities! Maybe we'll have a Chairman one day, maybe even keep one of our major sponsors happy? Pick up a phone even?

It won't be long now before Kean puts a team together that's so good our owners, who have invested a fraction of their alleged millions in Rovers lest we forget, decide to watch an entire match! Live and everything. Now I'm not saying that'll be at Ewood or anything but you never know...

Anyway, i digress, back to "no strength in depth".

The major area we needed improving was fullback, the one true fullback we have at the club is Salgado, who at times last season showed that his lack of pace and overall game had declined to a point where he was no longer upto Premier League standard. The left us with Givet (a centreback by trade) and Olsson (most people agree better deployed in midfield) for the left back spot and well ermm nobody for the right-back spot. The emergence of Lowe in the right-back spot was surely more down to luck than any sort of planning of Kean's behalf. Incidentally I've heard good things about Henley and he looked an improvement on Salago in the Wigan game and maybe he can get a run in the side now.

Bang on the money for me about full backs. Typically the imposter made great play about having to put Adam Henley on at half time on Saturday. He will use this to perpetuate his young player nonsense and try and take credit for something he has stumbled across through his own failings. What really irks me is whilst the media will print his quotes about things like this and he gets a lot of sympathy not one journo has asked him about two full backs he signed in the summer (Anderson and Ribiero). That is just how the slime ball works and the LET and Andy Cryer should be allover this in his press conferences. He is NEVER put on the spot and has such an easy ride from the media in general.

Do we genuinely think Anderson and Riberio won’t be involved play at any stage? Riberio was on trial for about 4 months was he not….

Apparently Anderson can cover left back and also centre half and Riberio is an “assured” right back who can also fill in on the right side of midfield if required.

Do we genuinely think Anderson and Riberio won’t be involved play at any stage? Riberio was on trial for about 4 months was he not….

Apparently Anderson can cover left back and also centre half and Riberio is an “assured” right back who can also fill in on the right side of midfield if required.

Yes we genuinely think they won't be involved at any stage. At least, we hope not.

Guest Rovers4Good

They're never going to play for the first team and Kean knows that, Anderson is absolutely shocking at best and this lad has only made a small living out of football due to his ar**hole dad.

They both train with the reserves everyday and that is as far as Anderson will get with us.

Archived