BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football supporters federation

I have been in contact with a representative of the FSF, and gave a very brief outline of what we are going through as a club and fans. My initial email has been passed up the chain of command and i am waiting on confirmation of possibly organising a meeting between a small group of us fans and the FSF. i did explain that i myself am not a member of the organisation, and whilst i was told that they would not turn away any fan, i was also advised to join the FSF via their own website. it is free to join.

lets have loads of people from here joing that organisation then we can ask them for help with one voice, provided by hundreds of us....or more hopefully thousands.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/join.php

Some posters may wish to see the 'small print' and decide whether they are fit to join this organisation.....

By becoming a member of the Football Supporters’ Federation (FSF) you agree to our fundamental principles as set out in our constitution. These include:

•Promoting the cause of diversity and opposing all forms of discrimination

•Rejecting violence, both physical and verbal•Promoting a positive culture of fair play and goodwill between all football supporters

Some can't even do this on this forum, with fellow fans!!

Some posters may wish to see the 'small print' and decide whether they are fit to join this organisation.....

By becoming a member of the Football Supporters' Federation (FSF) you agree to our fundamental principles as set out in our constitution. These include:

•Promoting the cause of diversity and opposing all forms of discrimination

•Rejecting violence, both physical and verbal•Promoting a positive culture of fair play and goodwill between all football supporters

Some can't even do this on this forum, with fellow fans!!

Not to mention the dingles!

Seems like a good idea to me why diss it?

Ok, what good are they going to do? Sack Kean? Change ownership from whoever it is?

whilst nothing may come of it interms of getting the right people into the club, it won't do any harm.

besides, you got any better ideas?? no offence.

with the complete lack of communication from the owners and club to the fans, they may be able to offer advice in some way shape or form and i for one, am willing to listen to anything they may suggest. as a start, to just get communication going!!

I've joined and declared myself a Rovers fan. If a couple of hundred did the same thing within a short time, they'd notice the spike and wonder why.

It might help in making some headway into the problem though it probably will not. But trying beats giving up, even if it is only a forlorn hope.

The FSF were very useful and offered us loads of help and advice when we set up BRISA (Mark from IMUSA even spoke at our launch), I imagine they've been doing the same for BRST.

We are still dealing very closely with Supporters Direct, who work alongside the FSF. I've been a member for a few years, and they do some fantastic work.

A lot of what they do is providing legal advice. They are very on the ball, and will be well aware of our current situation. One thing they will be very helpful with is heavy handed stewarding or policing. If Rovers go down the route of ejecting supporters without good reason, or issuing bans - they will back you up. I spoke to them regarding incidents at Turf Moor last time, and also about an incident regarding Stewarding at an opposing ground. They were spot on!

Their safe standing campaigns are also something I have taken a personal interest in.

They won't be able to influence Venky's, but they will look out for our best interests. They do some free competitions, and publish an excellent magazine (I think they have free copies at the Fernhurst - could do with getting them in a home pub) too. I'd urge everyone to join.

We are still dealing very closely with Supporters Direct, who work alongside the FSF. I've been a member for a few years, and they do some fantastic work.

A lot of what they do is providing legal advice. They are very on the ball, and will be well aware of our current situation. One thing they will be very helpful with is heavy handed stewarding or policing. If Rovers go down the route of ejecting supporters without good reason, or issuing bans - they will back you up. I spoke to them regarding incidents at Turf Moor last time, and also about an incident regarding Stewarding at an opposing ground. They were spot on!

Their safe standing campaigns are also something I have taken a personal interest in.

They won't be able to influence Venky's, but they will look out for our best interests. They do some free competitions, and publish an excellent magazine (I think they have free copies at the Fernhurst - could do with getting them in a home pub) too. I'd urge everyone to join.

What about the BRST when is that going to up and running properly?

i had a brief chat with someone from the FSF today. explained a few things to him. he is gonna get back to me within the next two days for further dialogue and he mentioned that we will try and get a small group of fans together for a conversation and then take it from there. he is also making contact with rovers PR department to try and organise something....not just on my behalf, but for all of us.

stay tuned!!

i had a brief chat with someone from the FSF today. explained a few things to him. he is gonna get back to me within the next two days for further dialogue and he mentioned that we will try and get a small group of fans together for a conversation and then take it from there. he is also making contact with rovers PR department to try and organise something....not just on my behalf, but for all of us.

stay tuned!!

Surely the same people who are organizing the protests should we be involved otherwise will we start more divisive action between fans.

the thing is, bangkok, aswell as trying to open communication with the club it is also about trying to bring the fans back together again. the reason why there is a seperation between some sections of rovers supporter base, is purely because of dirty tactics. i shall leave you to guess whom i think are the perpatrators of said dirty tactics.

some people don't agree with protests and t-shirts etc etc, but that is fine cause they are entitled to their stance and opinion. but lets not forget that we are all rovers fans!!

Archived