BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Chorley cause and Rovers support LIVE on Radio 5........

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've found a timetable on the web for the 124 Chorley bus, saying it leaves the Feilden's at 1306. Does anyone know if this is an up to date TT?

Well I shall look forward to seeing you on the bus. I shall be getting on at the Golden Lion. Hic!

I think the issue here is not that people arent prepared to help Chorley - as we've done for Stanley / Bury etc in the past, but that when dealing with the media people have to be very careful on the message thats being sent out.

If it was clear that "Blackburn put their own issues aside for a weekend to help Chorley" rather than the "Boycott Newcastle to watch Chorley instead" message that twitter and the media spun then more people would have been tempted to assist.

Yes Rob, Jump on the 152 or No.7 in Rishton. Ask for a One Day Silver from the driver for £5.50. Then catch the 124 Chorley bus from Stand M on the Bouly. It takes 40 mins. After the match show it the driver at Stand C in Chorley Bus Station. Jump on the Blackburn bus, then catch your bus home. Don't lose your ticket, it's all you need.

We are looking forward to tomorrow's match here at Chorley, and we look forward to meeting lots of Rovers fans!

Tomorrow is what football should be all about - ENTERTAINMENT, FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!

The social club at Victory Park will be open from 1:00pm, and, no doubt, the pubs in Chorley will make you most welcome!!

Let's hope for two victories tomorrow, for Chorley and the Rovers!!

If I can't be assed going to watch rovers but will pay 9 pound to watch chorley then surely that is an indirect sort of protest. I am quite happy for it to be thought of that way. I help a club out with cash and my reward for that is knowing that I could have put the money into rovers but am denying kean and venkys the privelage. Win win surely.

If I can't be assed going to watch rovers but will pay 9 pound to watch chorley then surely that is an indirect sort of protest. I am quite happy for it to be thought of that way. I help a club out with cash and my reward for that is knowing that I could have put the money into rovers but am denying kean and venkys the privelage. Win win surely.

That's exactly the wrong reason and why we're getting a bad rep. Support Chorley for a positive reason, not to spite any element of Rovers.

That's exactly the wrong reason and why we're getting a bad rep. Support Chorley for a positive reason, not to spite any element of Rovers.

How is that a wrong reason? Chorley need the money and thats what they will get. If rovers werent a sham then hardly anyone would be going. Chorley fans have said as much, they need help and you guys want to make a point, as I said before win win.

How is that a wrong reason? Chorley need the money and thats what they will get. If rovers werent a sham then hardly anyone would be going. Chorley fans have said as much, they need help and you guys want to make a point, as I said before win win.

Your primary reason for going is to moan about Rovers. That's a negative motivation. If you're fine with that, ok.

The benefit to Chorley is clearly of incidental importance.

For me, I'm going (and others too who are probably being wrongly tarnished within the protest banner) because I want to support Chorley. Thats a positive motivation.

Really enjoyed the experience of Chorley today, good bumper crowd, a 2-0 win, and fantastic atmosphere. Lots of rovers supporters turned up and crowd was more than Chorley expected,

Big thank you to everyone who went today to help Chorley in their quest to save their club

Thanks to you and all others who arranged this and everyone who made the effort to turn up. Much appreciated by the people of Chorley and I know Gary Flitcroft was made up.

Pity about the wind, spoiled the game a little. Nevertheless a win is a win.

Thanks

Chorley have estimated extra revenue of between £2,000 - £3,000 from the crowd

of 1,224. This mainly from the extra 200 - 300 Rovers fans (+ others) turning up to support the ex-Rovers at Chorley.

The ex-Rovers at Chorley, apart from Garry and Matt, are Steve Foster, Stephen Flitcroft and Jordan Bowen - all graduates from the Rovers Academy.

Thanks to all the Rovers fans who came along today and supported Chorley, both vocally and financially!

I hope you got a taste of what non-league football is all about - having a laugh with your mates, lots of friendly banter, meeting new people and, of course, enjoying a game of football played by passionate local lads!

For me, one of the biggest differences between the 'big' leagues and non-league football was summed up in the sponsors' lounge where a few Rovers fans were having a drink and a chat with Chorley directors and officials, and Garry and Mat went out of their way to talk to Rovers supporters before and after the game. At non-league level, the more time and effort you put into your club, the more you get out of being a supporter. There's a job to do for every willing volunteer, and you feel like your efforts really do make a difference to the club. And when your manager rolls his sleeves up and spends the summer painting the stand, helps to sell club merchandise in Chorley town centre and makes a point of welcoming sponsors, mascots and school children personally, you know he is in it for the love of the game and for the benefit of the community.

I hope it will not be too long before you return to Victory Park for a future game. Remember Rovers season ticket holders can take advantage of the £5.00 special admission price for league games at Victory Park on production of a current Rovers season ticket at the turnstile.

Next at home for the Magpies will be FC United of Manchester, on Tuesday, 10th January, kick off at 7:45pm. This is a cup game and all must pay full price at the turnstile - Adults £9.00 and concessions (including children) £5.00.This should be a cracking game and possibly another 1,000+ attendance.

The next home league game is on Saturday, 28th January against Stafford Rangers, a day WHEN ROVERS DO NOT HAVE A GAME!

We look forward to seeing you again at Victory Park!!

Cheers and many thanks.

Thanks to all the Rovers fans who came along today and supported Chorley, both vocally and financially!

I hope you got a taste of what non-league football is all about - having a laugh with your mates, lots of friendly banter, meeting new people and, of course, enjoying a game of football played by passionate local lads!

For me, one of the biggest differences between the 'big' leagues and non-league football was summed up in the sponsors' lounge where a few Rovers fans were having a drink and a chat with Chorley directors and officials, and Garry and Mat went out of their way to talk to Rovers supporters before and after the game. At non-league level, the more time and effort you put into your club, the more you get out of being a supporter. There's a job to do for every willing volunteer, and you feel like your efforts really do make a difference to the club. And when your manager rolls his sleeves up and spends the summer painting the stand, helps to sell club merchandise in Chorley town centre and makes a point of welcoming sponsors, mascots and school children personally, you know he is in it for the love of the game and for the benefit of the community.

I hope it will not be too long before you return to Victory Park for a future game. Remember Rovers season ticket holders can take advantage of the £5.00 special admission price for league games at Victory Park on production of a current Rovers season ticket at the turnstile.

Next at home for the Magpies will be FC United of Manchester, on Tuesday, 10th January, kick off at 7:45pm. This is a cup game and all must pay full price at the turnstile - Adults £9.00 and concessions (including children) £5.00.This should be a cracking game and possibly another 1,000+ attendance.

The next home league game is on Saturday, 28th January against Stafford Rangers, a day WHEN ROVERS DO NOT HAVE A GAME!

We look forward to seeing you again at Victory Park!!

Cheers and many thanks.

What was the gate Charlie?

Archived