BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] treadmills

i have ordered a york quest treadmill, costs me 350 quid, its coming on tueday, i just wanted to ask has anyone bought one of these? are they any good? its a brand new model, has anyone got a treadmill at home? are they worth the money? i used to use one at the gym on a regular basis but i quit the gym as it was too much hard work going there after work every day, are treadmills easy to put together? if anyone has any other useful info on these as well would be a big help, thanks!!!

Well you've ordered it now! If you've used them before then you know what to expect. Personally I hate them, I find them incredibly hard on my knees and lower back. If you hadn't already ordered I'd have strongly recommended a look at the decent cross-trainer, them's the dogs danglers IMO - keep trying to convince myself to turf the bike out for one but I spent a small fortune on my stationary bike (days before x trainers). I can comment on York, their budget range is pretty poor but the top end stuff is decent enough.

As an aside, make sure you're really really focused because training at home can be very hard if you're not and your treadmill will soon become an expensive clothes horse.

I have been interested in getting one of these. I would like to know how you get on with yours when it comes.

I really have no space at all in my house so it would need to fold away quite snug. This looks like it would do the job but I fear the cheapness of it may cause problems in the long run: Click

got it today, works alright so far, alot of hastle putting it together but i am stil wary when using it as i dont want to break it, bleedin heavy especially getting it up the stairs

cocker i paid 350 for mine, better to get a more expensive one than £200 mark as they are not as good quality

got it today, works alright so far, alot of hastle putting it together but i am stil wary when using it as i dont want to break it, bleedin heavy especially getting it up the stairs

cocker i paid 350 for mine, better to get a more expensive one than £200 mark as they are not as good quality

Like I said though its the space. A mate of mine had a £800 one and it was huge even when folded up. Some of them fold up but the handles still stick out.

The one I was looking at looks light weight enough to put under the stairs when done with - some might say thats where it would stay once it got there :lol:

Like I said though its the space. A mate of mine had a £800 one and it was huge even when folded up. Some of them fold up but the handles still stick out.

The one I was looking at looks light weight enough to put under the stairs when done with - some might say thats where it would stay once it got there :lol:

Spend the money on a decent cross trainer, they deliver a better workout without the stress on the knee joints and you dont have to workout as long as you would on a treadmill.

I have been interested in getting one of these. I would like to know how you get on with yours when it comes.

I really have no space at all in my house so it would need to fold away quite snug. This looks like it would do the job but I fear the cheapness of it may cause problems in the long run: Click

Due to expense and space this came today. Really quite quiet and fits under the stairs nicely. Will be more than adequate for my half an hour every day.

Yes its very cheap so who knows how long it may last but so far I am very pleased.

• 2 weeks later...

yes saw it, is it any good? how long do u go on it for? i do an hour about 5 times a week, check your mat every so often to make sure its not too loose, did u get some lubricant oil with urs?

Its working out really well for what I need (the Mrs uses it too).

Like you I use it for around an hour. I do 3 mins jogging (just above jogging speed so its slightly uncomfortable) then I do 1 min full sprint. then rest for a minute and do that again - like little circuits I guess.

The Mrs just runs for 15 mins each time she has been on so far.

I did get some lubricant oil with it and I will definitively need to look at tightening the belt up because that has been a bit slack since day one to be honest.

It can feel a little small sometimes especially when your legs start to get tired (that's both width and length ways). And you cant make it go up and down. It does have a slight raise on it which hammers your calves on the first couple of goes but that soon goes to be honest.

For £150 and for what I need its brilliant and if it breaks in a couple of years I would buy it again.

If your a proper running nut I guess you need something better.

if you're a proper running nut you'll go outside for a run (and save yourself $$$$).

Funny, I was just about to ask that question...

Why wouldn't you just go road running, get fresh air and save yourself money?

cocker, my treadmill has a 10 incline, so it goes pretty hight up, i usually go up to 4.8 on my walking speed

lechuck, bryan, i cant run because i have bed knees so thats why i use my treadmill for walking on,

i drink about 8 pints of water a day as its supposed to help lose weight quicker

i dont eat or drink much anyway, first thing can be difficult as i have to set off for work around 7am, i usually stay in the 70s with my heartrate normally, i always eat well, i dont eat any greasy foods, chocolate, rarely drink nowadays, in fact i dont eat anything that can be construed as being fattening, i havent had a slice of bread for more than 6 months, i drink plenty of water, my only downside is i smoke!!!

lechuck, bryan, i cant run because i have bed knees so thats why i use my treadmill for walking on

Ah ok. I was going to ask what are the benefits of treadmill walking as opposed to walking outside, but Maji pretty much answered that with the incline suggestion.

Also, my own personal reason for not running outside is because for some reason my foot always goes over on the side (if you know what I mean). I have never had such problems running on a treadmill but outside I always end up limping home.

funny you should mention that as when i was coming out of ewood after the bolton game in december, as i have bad knees, i put my foot out crossing the road and landed it into a pothole and both my knees colapsed and i fell backwards in the road, agonising pain for days, couldnt walk or bend my knees for a week or so, thats what got me into my physio and i decided to buy a treadmill for that as well as fitness wise.

Archived