BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

MG.Road, on 29 February 2012 - 16:20 PM, said:We call them rickshaws here. Tuk-tuk's are Thailand (I think).

(£10.5m is the figure I heard)

When I was working in Nashik and Pune they were refered to as tuk tuks

the pedal taxis were refered to as rickshaws

outed again MG?

They'll probably call them whatever you want in order to get your fare, but Indians call them Rickshaws. And the manually pulled rickshaws have been illegal in India for a while now (But you'll still find some on the East coast). There hasn't been a pedal taxi or a pulled taxi in Pune for many years now.

I think the only thing outed here is your age. ;)

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll probably call them whatever you want in order to get your fare, but Indians call them Rickshaws. And the manually pulled rickshaws have been illegal in India for a while now (But you'll still find some on the East coast). There hasn't been a pedal taxi or a pulled taxi in Pune for many years now.

I think the only thing outed here is your age. ;)

Why don't you just put the doubters to bed and post that copy of today's Pune newspaper. It's not like you have much else to post...?

Just caught the last 5 minutes of a 0-0 draw.

It looked freezing and the stadium ramshackle and all in all a million miles away from the Premier League.

If that's Mr Samba's idea of furthering his career then I think the rubles really were talking!

There was even a fenced off 5 a side pitch between the back of one goal and the crowd for pity's sake!

Just caught the last 5 minutes of a 0-0 draw.

It looked freezing and the stadium ramshackle and all in all a million miles away from the Premier League.

If that's Mr Samba's idea of furthering his career then I think the rubles really were talking!

There was even a fenced off 5 a side pitch between the back of one goal and the crowd for pity's sake!

And these guys are hosting a World Cup for heavens sake.....

Was that Anzhi's home ground?

If so, I think they're meant to be moving to a new 40,000 stadium. Although I'm not sure when.

Yep, that was their home ground. A massive crowd of 15,000 for last night's match!

Samba's only gone there for one reason: money. Sad when you consider he's only 27 and at the peak of his career.

That league is littered with money-grabbing players who've had their day at the highest level and just looking for a cash cow.

I'm sure Samba will be looking for a move again inside 12 months.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Backroom

It'll be interesting to see if money talks. If you're a player in your prime and serious about establishing yourself in the history books you aren't going to go and play in Russia. It just doesn't have the reputation to compete with the main European leagues, and a Man City clone within the league won't change that regardless of what they spend.

Any player going there certainly won't be doing it for their career. But if silly money is being thrown at them...

Archived